TheUltimateNinja's roleplay thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

TheUltimateNinja's roleplay thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I've decided to start my own roleplay thread for the sake of convenience. Here's how it will work:

Combat System:
[spoiler]Combat operates on a turn based system, with battles being either one on one or team based.

All stats and combat mechanics will primarily be based on Battle Power/Power levels.

Combat is heavily dependent on dice rolls, to ensure fairness all dice rolls will be conducted here: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Kanzenshuu
The rolls will use a d10 die.
A dice roll of 1 is considered a critical failure, a 10 would be a critical hit.

Stats:
HP: - Determines the amount of damage you can take before you die.

Ki: - Determines the amount of ki you have.
                     - Determines the rate at which you regenerate ki.

Speed: - Determines evasion chance.
                                             - Determines distance you can travel in a certain period of time.
                                             - Determines who attacks first except in the case of an ambush.

Attack: - Determines the amount of damage your physical attacks deal.

Defense: - Determines the amount of damage you take.

Ki mastery: - Determines the damage ki attacks deal.
                                                                         - Determines the rate at which you regenerate ki.

Battle Power/Power levels:
The most important factor when it comes to calculating stats. The rate at which it increases depends on the method of training used and your species, Saiyans progress the fastest.

Beam clashes are based on battle power, the side with the highest battle power wins. If multiple people fire a beam together, their battle powers are added together.

Each character starts with a battle power of around ~100 except in special circumstances.

Battle power affects all of your stats in a non-linear manner with the exception of ki, which is the same as battle power, and ki mastery, which it doesn't affect at all.

Formulas:
Numbers will be rounded for the sake of convenience.

p = Player/You
o = Opponent

Damage dealt: pAttack * Attack Multiplier / oDefense * Defense Multiplier

Damage received: oAttack * Attack Multiplier /oDefense * Defense Multiplier

Evasion chance: (pSpeed / oSpeed) - 0.5

Miss chance: (oSpeed / pSpeed) - 0.5

Ki Damage dealt: pKi Mastery * Attack Multiplier / oDefense * Defense Multiplier

Ki Damage received: oKi Mastery * Attack Multiplier / oDefense * Defense Multiplier

Ki regeneration per turn: (Ki / 20) * Ki multiplier

Barrier damage limit: (Ki used / 10) * Ki Mastery

Ki blast barrage multiplier: (Ki used / 10) + 1

Charged ki blast multiplier: (Ki used / 10) + 3

Charged hit multiplier: (Ki used / 10) + 2

Sneak attack multiplier: x2

Vital area hit multiplier: x2[/spoiler]

Techniques:
Punches/kicks:
Basic combo: Each hit has a x1 attack multiplier, ie: Their damage is equal to your attack, the number of hits is determined via dice roll.
Heavy hit: A charged hit, uses ki, attack multiplier is based on the amount of ki used.

Blocking:
Basic block: Adds a defense multiplier of x2 for 1 turn, ie: It halves damage for 1 turn.
Ki shield: Has a base defense multiplier of x2, increases based on the amount of ki used, can be sustained for more than 1 turn at the cost of additional ki.
Barrier: Completely blocks damage for 1 turn, can be broken by powerful attacks. More powerful/longer lasting barriers would be classified as Specials/Supers/Ultimates.

Ki blasts:
Ki blast barrage: Each blast has a base attack multiplier of x1 which can be increased by adding more ki, the number of hits is determined via dice roll.
Charged blast: A charged ki blast, attack multiplier is based on the amount of ki used.

Supers: You can have up to 2, you can come up with your own original techniques or simply use ones from the series. Some examples would be the Kamehameha and the Galick Gun.

Ultimate: You can only have 1, come up with your own original technique or simply use one from the series. Some examples would be the Super Kamehameha and the Final Flash.

Specials: You can only have 1, but you can get another if you sacrifice 1 Super. Come up with your own original ones or simply use one from the series. Some example would be regeneration and Telekinesis.

Species:
Each species has its own unique traits, you can create your own or use one of the predefined species listed below:
Human: Natives of planet earth, seemingly quite weak.
Advantages: All rounder, decent at almost everything.
Disadvantages: Do not excel in anything, rate of improvement is a bit slow.
Base stats:
HP: 100
Ki: 100
Speed:5
Attack:5
Defense: 5
Ki Mastery: 5
Rate of improvement: 5

Saiyan: A warrior race, natives of Planet Plant
Advantages: Extremely combat oriented, powers up at an exceptional rate.
Disadvantages: No talents besides fighting.
Base stats:
HP: 150
Ki: 150
Speed: 8
Attack: 8
Defense: 8
Ki Mastery: 8
Rate of improvement: 10

Cyborg: A human upgraded with cybernetic parts.
Advantages: Cannot be sensed, infinite ki source.
Disadvantages: Very slow improvement, cannot increase ki.
Base stats:
HP: 125
Ki: 1,000 (Instantly regenerates)
Speed: 10
Attack: 10
Defense: 10
Ki Mastery: 10 (Cannot change)
Rate of improvement: 1

Android: Fully mechanical being:
Advantages: Cannot be sensed, can be repaired and upgraded, infinite energy.
Disadvantages: Cannot improve on their own, need upgrades to do so.
Base stats:
HP: 300
Ki: 0 (Do not use ki)
Speed: 15
Attack: 15
Defense: 15
Ki Mastery: 0
Rate of improvement: 0

Tuffle: Weak, but possess tremendous intelligence.
Advantages: Extreme intelligence, can very quickly understand almost any technology, can invent new things.
Disadvantages: Physically quite weak.
Base stats
HP: 40
Ki: 40
Speed: 2
Attack: 2
Defense: 2
Ki Mastery: 1
Rate of improvement: 2

Arcosian: Natives of Planet Arcose
Advantages: Extreme resilience, can survive in space.
Disadvantages: Weak in high temperature environments.
Base stats:
HP: 250
Ki: 125
Speed: 6
Attack: 6
Ki Mastery: 5
Rate of improvement: 5

NPC species (Can't be used by players):
Bio-android: Artificial being created from the DNA of biological creatures.
Advantages: Advantages of all other species.
Disadvantages: Overconfidence.
Base stats:
HP: 200 (Naturally regenerates)
Ki: 200 (Regenerates rapidly)
Speed: 10
Attack: 10
Ki Mastery: 10
Rate of improvement: 10

Mutant Arcosian: Emperors of galaxies, the likes of Frieza and Cooler.
Advantages: Extreme resilience, can survive in space, massive natural power.
Disadvantages: Hard to control their power, heavy stamina drain at maximum power.
Base stats:
HP: 20,000
Ki: 10,000
Speed: 150
Attack: 150
Defense: 250
Ki Mastery: 150
Rate of improvement: 5, sometimes 50 for prodigies.

Creating your character:
To create your character, fill out the following template and submit it to me.
Name (Optional):
Species:
Supers:
Ultimate:
Specials:
Backstory (Optional):

Players:
Last edited by TheUltimateNinja on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: TheUltimateNinja's roleplay thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm

"Man, it sure is great that we're just having fun eating icecream without any bad guys attacking us, huh?" Gog said to Ki Breaker who was sat next to him, also eating icecream.

"Yeah! Man, I sure do love not having bad guys attack us! It would be really unfortunate if that were to happen." Ki Breaker replied.

Suddenly a mysterious figure (A bad guy?!) appeared and stole their icecream! Ki Breaker was so shocked he passed out immediately.

"Damn you!" Gog yelled as he attacked the icecream thief.

Mission: Tutorial: Hey, that's mine!
Objective: Defeat the icecream swindler.
Enemies: Mysterious figure.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Battle Initiated!
Gog:
HP: 250/250
Ki: 125/125

Mysterious figure: An icecream thief?
HP: ???
Ki: ???

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:27 pm

I'll crush him with a single hit Gog told himself, he hits the mysterious figure with dancing blade, careful to only use ten Ki while doing so.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:42 pm

Gog wrote:I'll crush him with a single hit Gog told himself, he hits the mysterious figure with dancing blade, careful to only use ten Ki while doing so.
Gog rolled a 3, successful hit.

The thief has been defeated!

Gog sliced right through the thief, killing him in an instant. He stared down at his bisected corpse, pondering his first kill when suddenly the thief's body burst open into a vortex of energy, it happened so suddenly that Gog couldn't even react before he was pulled in along with Ki Breaker's unconscious body. They were seemingly traveling at incredible speeds between timelines and dimensions, with no exit in sight. "This could take hours..." Gog thought.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 pm

After several hours of floating through nothingness, Gog and Ki Breaker were suddenly pulled through another portal. Gog landed on the hard steel floor with a thud, with Ki Breaker crashing onto him shortly after. He'd just gotten up when some strange soldiers came rushing in to check the room, it seemed they were here to interrogate him but they immediately dropped their weapons in horror once they saw his face.

"L-Lord Chilled! Y-You've grown!" A terrified soldier exclaimed.

What do you do?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Gog lay flat on the floor. The name lord Chilled floating through his mind wait a minute Chilled, he lived around... Gog smiled, his mind filled with a new purpose. Perfect Gog thought to himself. Time to peel away the facade Gog, slowly got up from the ground, the soldiers backed away from him, there eyes widened in fright, Gog towered over both of the men, he was almost as tall as the room itself.

"I am not Chilled, I am Isecreem, you will need to learn the difference" Isecreem announced, she tapped one of her horns and turned her attention to the unconscious body of Ki breaker besides her. "This is a Hud 5-5 yes?" Isecreem asked, "u-um yes" the solider on the left sated. "Good, then I'll need you to put her on one of the five pods, be sure to send her to the nearest settlement" Isecreem dryly commanded.

"B-but why would you go through all of this effort, for a lowlife?" The solider on the right asked. "She's been useful to me" Isecreem stated, she picked up Ki Breaker with her tail and threw her at the soldiers. Ki Breaker fell at the soldiers feet. Taking the message the soldiers, picked him up and headed for the pod bay.

Actually is she a female? I seem to recall the females having disgusting tumors on their chests Isecreem mulled over the issue for a few seconds. "Bah! I shouldn't be wasting my time on this" Isecreem told herself, she dropped to all fours and crawled through the door.

Isecreem smirked.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 pm

Gog had managed to avoid any confrontation and ensured Ki Breaker's safety at the same time, there was no time to celebrate, however as he accidentally took a wrong turn and came upon a group of soldiers having a rather distressing conversation...

"Hey, who do you think this 'Isecreem' is?"

"A relative of Lord Chilled's, obviously."

"But Lord Chilled never mentioned any relatives besides his father, whom he despised. He said he was alone in this area of the galaxy."

"That's pretty weird, but you can't deny the resemblance between them."

"Even so, we should inform Lord Chilled of this at once."

Looks like they're about to blow your cover, what will you do?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 pm

Fuck Isecreem panicked after hearing the soldiers conversation. Got, to keep calm, got to keep calm she assured herself. Isecreem walked around the corner, finally making a decision. Isecreem strode towards the group. "I am Isecreem" Isecreem boomed towards the group, who were visibly startled to hear her voice. The group turned towards her, "she's like a massive chilled" one of them gaped.

Elsewhere a space pod exited the Hud 5-5, it's target the nearest settlement...

Isecreem frowned at the remark the solider gave her. She raised her finger and pointed it towards the group. Dance-dance beams hit nearly all of the solders in the stomach.

A lone solider stood among the group of moaning bodies. He stared fearfully at her. "Now, if you move, you end up like them, but if you tell me Chilld's powerlevel, I'll let you go..." Isecreem offered.

The solider nodded terrified. He opened his mouth to deliver the answer.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Despite the fact that she only had a low rank soldier trembling before her, Isecreem felt pretty close to trembling herself, she'd used up almost all her ki with that last barrage, thankfully it had the expected effect.

"Damn, at this young age my power is still much too low to be brash like this, fortunately these guys were pretty weak." She thought.

"P-Power level? I don't know what you mean, my lord." He replied, expecting a beam to hit him at any moment.

"Shit! Judging by the level of tech they have around here, I guess it makes sense they wouldn't have access to scouter technology. I wasted all that energy for nothing, if only-" Her train of thought was interrupted by a booming voice, "What the hell happened in here?!"

She turned around and ended up face to face with a rather large soldier, one that looked a lot tougher than the ones lying on the floor behind her.

"Damn, I'd probably have a hard time with this guy even at full strength, with my energy drained like this..." She had to think of something fast.

What's your next move?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:39 am

Fuck Isecreem thought to herself as she stared downwards at the tough looking soilder. "What be, your business doing here?". Fuck Isecreem thought to herself, repeating the same phrase over and over in her head, the soilder noticed the wounded bodies behind her. "HEY!" He shouted at her, raising his fist. Isecreem acted on instinct and jumped to her right, going through the steel wall.

Isecreem floated around in the empty void of space. Okay I need to get to the pod bay, which should be located... Her thoughts trailed off when she saw the soldier's bodies drifting around. I-It'll all be worth it in the end Isecreem assured herself, she turned around. Isecreem felt like the bodies were staring at her.

Blaming her. she blasted off, using the last of her Ki to find and enter the pod bay.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:51 am

As she approached the spaceships - which were quite different from the ones she was familiar with - she found herself extremely confused by their design.

"What the hell, the tech on these things is ancient. What's with this place, it's like I've gone back in time." She thought.

She could probably figure out how to operate them given enough time, but that soldier was closing in on her location rapidly, she didn't know if she had enough time.

On the other hand, she could just burst through the ship and head off into space on her own. Her species was capable of surviving space, however in her current condition she probably wouldn't be able to fly much, and there was no telling where she'd end up or how long she'd be stuck in space.

She could already hear his footsteps closing in, she had to make a choice. Try to figure these strange ships out and risk getting caught or escape right now and end up who knows where.

Choose your escape method.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote: Suddenly a mysterious figure (A bad guy?!) appeared and stole their icecream! Ki Breaker was so shocked he passed out immediately.
Lol, with me having the strongest moveset in the game this seems pretty anticlimactic :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Suddenly a mysterious figure (A bad guy?!) appeared and stole their icecream! Ki Breaker was so shocked he passed out immediately.
Lol, with me having the strongest moveset in the game this seems pretty anticlimactic :lol:
That's because you were at work IRL, and therefore unavailable. Had to have you unconscious to progress the plot.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:22 am

Isecreem felt the ship's gravity slowly pick up. Space is really big, would be a fucking idiot to tr-t-The rapping of the foot steps down the corridor completely destroyed any of her previous thoughts Can the dead really walk? she questioned to herself. Isecreem went into a sudden frenzy and started ramming on the buttons, trying to find one that would send her, somewhere, anywhere. Anywhere but here suddenly, to her relief a pod door opened, Isecreem threw herself in.

The pod door opened and she was ejected out.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 am

In her haste, she'd completely forgotten about the fact that the pod bay was still closed, her ship crashed against the hatch and immediately crumpled, were it not for the species' natural resilience she would have died right there. "Damn it all..." She thought as she passed out, the large soldier's shadow looming over her as he entered the pod bay.

Meanwhile, Ki Breaker watched from behind another ship. The soldiers had neglected to actually send him off to another planet, he'd managed to wake up and sneak off while they weren't paying attention.

He wondered what he should do, with his own power he wouldn't last 5 seconds against that guy, but he could summon Imagine Breaker, surely that would be enough. But he didn't know if that would work, if he wasted time here trying to awaken Imagine Breaker while hidden here Isecreem could already be dead by the time he succeeded. On the other hand, if he went out and confronted the soldier he could at least by some time, though if he didn't manage to summon Imagine Breaker immediately they'd both be killed. Or he could simply hide and watch how things play out.

What will you do? Go out and confront him, try to awaken Imagine Breaker, or simply hide?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Ki Breaker decided to go out and confront him, hiding wouldn't do much good, anyway. They'd both die regardless if Imagine Breaker failed at such a time.

Ki Breaker failed his dice roll, Imagine Breaker wasn't summoned.

It was already too late to go back into hiding or to try to summon Imagine Breaker again, the soldier had already noticed him

"To think it would fail at a time like this!" He yelled as he ran way, hoping to at least draw the brute away from Isecreem's location.

He'd barely made it out of the room and down the hall when a laser burst through his chest, instantly stopping him.

"We're both down for the count, looks like there's no escape..." He thought in despair as he blacked out.

Both players have been captured.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:22 am

Don't worry everyone.

Isecreem still has her ultimate trump card. She just have to wake up to use it

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 am

Gog wrote:Don't worry everyone.

Isecreem still has her ultimate trump card. She just have to wake up to use it
Coincidentally that will happen when I wake up tomorrow.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:05 pm

"What happened?" Ki Breaker thought as he woke up in a daze, he looked over to his left and saw Isecreem signaling to be quiet. It looked like they were in a medical bay. Well, at least they weren't killed off...

"I wonder what I should do now..." Isecreem pondered, she didn't know how long she was out for, but most of her strength had returned, and it looked like Ki Breaker was in decent shape as well. "How did that guy end up here, anyway? Didn't I send him to another planet? Well, no time to think about that now..." She could probably figure out her next move if she knew where this ship was going, but with her large size it'd be hard to be stealthy.

"Or I could just blow this thing up, I still have that move. Should I really waste my energy again when it just returned, though? And Ki Breaker would probably die if I did it right here..."

What will you do?