Goku vs. King (fanfiction)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Goku vs. King (fanfiction)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 am

A tall, imposing man with a scar over his eye slowly walked down the sidewalk, carrying a plastic bag under one arm. As he passed, everyone naturally gave him a wide berth, even if they didn't recognize him - simply the way he carried himself gave off a menacing aura, and a subconscious message saying 'don't mess with this guy.'

The man himself barely noticed any of this. Although his face didn't show it, he was too excited about the new video game console he had just bought - he had been waiting for this one for months! What luck that he was able to get one one the very day it was released - he had expected the stores to be swarming with people, and they were, but for some reason they all let him cut to the front of the line. He couldn't wait to get home and try it out, the new graphics processor was supposed to be incredible!

Being so distracted by these thoughts, he barely noticed the stranger who suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Hey, you're that King guy, aren't you?" the strange man asked. King turned to inspect the new arrival.

He was an odd one indeed - black, spiky hair that seemed to defy gravity, and wearing an orange gi with some kind of strange symbol on the shoulder. Was he a fan? Or with that getup, maybe another professional hero?

"I hear you're supposed to be really strong!" the man continued, assuming a fighting stance. "How about we spar a bit? It'll be fun!"

"Who are you?" King asked, his voice and expression never wavering.

"I'm Goku! I'm pretty strong too, but I need a good training partner, so when I heard about you I decided to seek you out! How about it? Show me what you've got!"

By this time, a small crowd had gathered around the two, anticipating a spectacle.

"Who does this guy think he is, challenging King out of the blue like that?" A teenager asked.

"Does he have a death wish?" A woman added.

"Come on, King, teach this loser a lesson!" A young chld shouted.

King, although he was wearing his best poker face, didn't share their confidence. He didn't actually know how to fight - and this Goku guy gave off the impression of being a skilled martial artist. He made eye contact with his would-be opponent, giving him his best death glare. Hopefully he could just scare him off, like he had so many others before.

No such luck.

"Hey, are you just going to stand around all day?" Goku asked impatiently. "Come on, what are you waiting for?"

The scar-faced man still didn't lose his cool. This guy was just offering him a friendly challenge, right? He wasn't attacking him or anything. So he could just refuse, couldn't he? His fans might be disappointed, but what was the alternative? Slowly he put down the bag carrying the video game console and turned to face his challenger.

"I... have no reason to fight you," King said, hoping that would be the end of it. He smiled as he saw a look of disappointment cross Goku's face. It had worked!

Unfortunately, one of the spectators had to ruin it for him. "I should have known, King doesn't even consider this guy to be worth his time! He's lucky you decided to spare him, right Mr. King?"

"Um," King began, turning to address the offending audience member.

"Hey, don't look down on me! I'll show you what I can do!" With that, the man's body began glowing, emitting a brilliant light. Then he underwent some sort of transformation - his hair became yellow, his eyes turned green, and his body became sheathed in a glowing cloud of golden light. A strong wind picked up, seemingly coming from the man himself, causing many of the spectators to cover their heads and hold their coats close as they were battered by the torrent of air.

"See, I told you!" Goku announced cheerfully. "I'm no pushover! I'll give you a fight you won't soon forget!"

The spectators were in a state of shock.

"W-what is he?"

"His hair changed colors, did you see that?"

"Is he a monster?"

"Maybe we should run..."

"No, wait, can you hear that!" the teenager from before shouted. Over the pulsing sound of Goku's aura and the howl of the wind, a deep rumbling noise could indeed be heard. "The King Engine is roaring!"

King stood still, facing the mysterious fighter, looking as unflappable as ever as the wind generated from Goku's ki caused his hair to blow backwards. On the inside, however, he was in a panic. Few knew that the famous 'King Engine', which was mistakenly thought to be a sign of his anger and bloodlust, was in fact nothing more than the loud beating of his heart whenever he was overcome with fear.

Goku, meanwhile, was still puzzled. Ever since he had arrived, he had tried to get an accurate reading on his opponent's battle power, but it had remained elusive. The man gave off a palpable aura of confidence and intimidation, but his ki was so weak that Goku could barely even sense it. He knew better than to be fooled by that, though. Still, what amazing ki control! Even he couldn't suppress his ki to such an extent!

"Come on, King-san! Why don't you power up so we can get started already!"

"I am-" 'not ready for this', was the way King intended to finish his sentence, but Goku cut him off.

"You're already powered up? But I can still barely sense you!"

Suddenly a thought struck the Saiyan. Could King have God Ki? Maybe that's why he wasn't able to sense him! This guy might even be stronger than Beerus-sama! Now he was really getting excited!

"I can tell you must be an amazing fighter!" Goku exclaimed, his yellow aura glowing even brighter in anticipation. "Come on, let's get started!"

"No, we can't," King said, still wearing his best poker face. "Not here. We should go someplace where there aren't so many people." Hopefully, King thought, if no one was watching, he could tell Goku the truth and hope that the strange man would keep it a secret for him, just like Saitama had.

"You're right," the Saiyan said, reverting to his base form, the aura and wind dying down. "We can't fight here - we might destroy the city."

'Destroy the city?' King thought nervously. 'How strong is this guy?'

"I passed over a desert a bit to the west of here earlier," Goku said. "It's nice, big and empty, so we can fight there." Suddenly, to the audience's shock, the mysterious martial artist flew up into the sky, a pale white aura covering his body. "Come on, follow me!" he said, as he sped off into the distance.

"He - he can fly!" one of the spectators stated the obvious.

"Maybe he's an esper, like Tatsumaki?" another one suggested.

"Esper or no, he's still a fool to challenge King! It's only too bad that we won't get to see the fight."

Picking up his new gaming system, King began heading for home, hoping that the had seen the last of the glowing, flying man.

When he had barely walked more than a city block, though, Goku suddenly appeared directly in front of him, two fingers placed on his forehead. King was so startled by his abrupt appearance that he almost cried out in shock and dropped the console, but somehow managed to retain his composure.

"Hey, what are you waiting for?" Goku asked. "The desert is just over those mountains," he gestured towards the horizon beyond the city limits.

"That's pretty far away," King said, still hoping he could bluff his way out of this.

"Not if you fly," Goku said, hovering a few meters above the ground.

'Fly? I can't freaking fly!' King thought in a near-panic. 'Where does this guy come from, where he treats flying like it's a normal thing?'

"You didn't fly to get here, did you? You just appeared out of thin air. How did you do that?" he asked. Maybe striking up a casual conversation would get this guy to forget about fighting him. It was a slim chance, but one he had to take.

"Oh, that was Instant Transmission!" Goku said. "All I have to do is think about where I want to go, and then - boom! I'm there!"

"So it's faster than flying, then?"

"Sure is. Oh... I get it!"

'Get what? What does he get?' King thought, having intended nothing more than to make small talk.

"You're right, it will be faster this way. Come on!" With that, he suddenly grabbed hold of King's arm and put his fingers to his forehead again, and the next thing the S-Class Hero knew, they were both standing in the middle of a barren, rocky desert, the city nowhere in sight.

King, to his credit, still managed to maintain his poker face, despite the shock of being teleported.

"Come on!" Goku said, springing into a fighting stance. "Show me your power!"

King's heart was beating dangerously fast now, and he couldn't think of anything other than to continue his earlier strategy of trying to distract this guy with small talk.

"What was that thing you did earlier, where your hair changed?" he asked, pointing a finger at Goku.

On cue, Goku transformed again, and became enveloped by a brilliant golden aura. "This is called Super Saiyan!" he announced. "It's a transformation that increases my speed, strength, and power many times over!"

"Interesting," King replied, attempting to sound unimpressed.

"But I can tell that just plain Super Saiyan isn't going to be enough for you, so how about this?"

As he spoke those words, Goku changed again, his hair and aura turning a light shade of glowing blue.

"This is Super Saiyan Blue!" Goku announced. "It blends my Super Saiyan form with the ki of the gods!"

'Gods?', King thought in awe. 'What is this guy saying? Is he a God-level threat? The Hero Association has never officially encountered one before... man, I am in way over my head here...'

"Come on, King-san, show me your full power already!"

The S-Class Rank 7 had finally run out of options. There was nothing left to do now but confess - this man didn't seem like a bad guy, so he probably wouldn't hurt him if he knew he was weak.

"Listen... Goku, right?" he began, pointing his index finger at the Saiyan warrior. "There's something important you need to know."

"What's that?" Goku paused in confusion.

"You seem to be operating under a misconception," King continued. "What you're seeing right now - this is my full power."

"What? But I still can barely-" suddenly a thought struck Goku. Even if King had godly ki, in his SSJB form he should have still been able to sense it. But what if he had an even higher form of ki, one that was as far above the ki of gods like Beerus-sama as theirs was above the ki of mortals? Come to think of it, Goku had never been able to sense Zen-chan's power either, despite him being so incredibly strong. And this King guy hadn't even taken a fighting stance yet! It looked as if he was full of openings, but was he really? Everyone opening Goku thought he saw could easily be a trap. It unnerved him the way he still looked so confident, as if he regarded Goku as nothing more than an insect. Like he wasn't even worth taking a stance for. For the first time that day, the Saiyan's excitement became tinged with a hint of fear. Had he made a mistake by challenging this man?

"You're incredible, King-san!" Goku exclaimed. "I probably can't beat you. But I want to try anyway!" With that, he prepared to charge the scar-faced man. Maybe if he hit him immediately with his most powerful blow he could knock him off-guard and keep him off-balance. Being so occupied with carefully planning his strategy, Goku failed to notice the torrent of sweat that was now flowing down King's face.

"Alright, let's-"

"Daddy! There you are!"

Goku looked up at the familiar voice, approaching him from behind in the sky.

"Goten? What are you doing here"

"Dad, I've been looking all over for you! Mom says she needs you back on the farm!"

"Aww, but Goten, I was just about to have a really great fight!" the full Saiyan said, powering back down to his base form.

"With who, that guy?" Goten asked, looking at King and frowning. "He doesn't seem all that strong to me."

"Trust me Goten, you might not be able to sense it, but that man is perhaps the strongest opponent I've ever faced! Even Beerus-sama and Whis-san probably wouldn't be able to beat him! I would have been satisfied if I had managed to last just a single second!"

Goten looked at King again, who was still covered with sweat. The boy's skepticism was apparent, but he decided not to make a big deal of it. It was none of his business, anyway.

"Sorry, King-san," Goku said, bowing politely to his opponent, "but something came up all of a sudden, so I have to go. You don't mind, right?"

"Uh, no, not at all," King said, inwardly heaving a sigh of relief.

As Goku and Goten turned to leave, the former paused and spun around. "Just one more thing, though," he began.

"Yes?" King asked, starting to sweat again.

"Those guys back in the city were right! I realize now what a fool I was for challenging you. I won't try to take you on again until I've had a lot more training - right now, I'm nowhere near your level!"

"Feel free to take your time," King said, trying to act confident again. "You can never get too much training."

"You can say that again!" Goku smiled, as he and Goten took off, flying past the horizon.

Once they were out of sight, the man known as King collapsed onto his knees, wiping the sweat off his brow. "That was a close one..." he mumbled. "Dammit, looks like I'll have to walk all the way back to the city. I hope I don't die of thirst on the way. And I left my console on the sidewalk..."

I just wrote this for fun. Basically my inspiration was all of the various Goku vs. Saitama arguments I've seen. Personally I don't think Saitama would stand a chance, but then I realized that there was one OPM character who could 'beat' Goku, in a manner of speaking. King's extreme bluffing skills and luck, combined with Goku's gullibility (see Monaka for instance) led me to come up with this idea. I hope you liked it.
Last edited by Polyphase Avatron on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Goku vs. King (fanfiction)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:08 am

No comments?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Doesn't Instant Transmission require a Ki signature to teleport to?

Other than that, yeah, I can see this being the outcome.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:26 pm

I figured he could just use the signature of any local wildlife in the area

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:54 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I figured he could just use the signature of any local wildlife in the area
I was refering more to how instant transmission was described:
Polyphase Gokutron wrote:All I have to do is think about where I want to go, and then - boom! I'm there!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 am

That was a great, short read. King is always fun.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Vegetail wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I figured he could just use the signature of any local wildlife in the area
I was refering more to how instant transmission was described:
Polyphase Gokutron wrote:All I have to do is think about where I want to go, and then - boom! I'm there!
Well he was simplifying the explanation