DB After and New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

DB After and New Age

Post by ecrockedboston » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:41 pm

I just purchased these, and I'm wondering what your thoughts are? The art seems pretty good, and they might read as decent side stories while waiting for Super to release. I was considering Zeroverse, but it just looks terrible.

Here's the cover for DB After

And New Age covers

And for Zeroverse

As you can tell, Zeroverse simply looks awful... Here are some panels

After

New Age

Zeroverse

I think it's pretty clear as to why I skipped Zeroverse. After's author seems to have a pretty big following. Also, his original doujinshi prints go for thousands.

Edit: I added much more content to encourage discussion
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DB After and New Age

Post by Rubens » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 pm

By the way, DB New Age has a thread of its own here if you'd like to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21620
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

ecrockedboston
Beyond Newbie

Post by ecrockedboston » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Rubens wrote:By the way, DB New Age has a thread of its own here if you'd like to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21620
Haha, I wondered where my thread went. I started it in the General Franchise board, but here makes more sense.

I just got my DB After 3-in-1, but there's only one volume to my knowledge :/ Which sucks because it looks promising.

As for New Age, it looks pretty rockin'. I'll check out that thread! The tangible releases are dirt cheap on Amazon, so I picked those up too.
One who consciously devises memes, through meme-splicing and memetic synthesis, with the intent of altering the behavior of others. Writers of manifestos and of commercials are typical memetic engineers.
-Memetic Lexicon

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:26 pm

I read a bit of New age and was easily bored as I got further into it. Especially when I couldn't differentiate the Villain from other Saiyans, sometimes he's broly, then Raditz, then Vegeta...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:I read a bit of New age and was easily bored as I got further into it. Especially when I couldn't differentiate the Villain from other Saiyans, sometimes he's broly, then Raditz, then Vegeta...
You mean Rigor? Yeah, I enjoyed the fact that he was incredibly pragmatic, but he was incredibly cliche. Also if your bored of Rigor... Then the next villain will absolutely bore you to tears.