Review of DRAGON BALL: FIGHT SON GOKU, WIN SON GOKU (South Korean unlicensed DB movie)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mr.fredsolo

Review of DRAGON BALL: FIGHT SON GOKU, WIN SON GOKU (South Korean unlicensed DB movie)

Post by mr.fredsolo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I recently started a web series titled The Underground Critics in which myself and a guest watch an obscure piece of content related to some of the biggest names in pop culture. For our third episode we watched the South Korean unlicensed Dragon Ball film Dragon Ball: Fight Son Goku, Win Son Goku.
I thought people on here might get a kick out of it, specially those who have never seen or heard of this movie. It's pretty weird and surprisingly faithful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJsZ-VtU4Y

Feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Review of DRAGON BALL: FIGHT SON GOKU, WIN SON GOKU (South Korean unlicensed DB movie)

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 pm

I sort of want to watch this movie now. Oolong shooting ki blasts, Pilaf setting things on fire, everyone exploding when they get defeated. That's hilarious!

mr.fredsolo

Re: Review of DRAGON BALL: FIGHT SON GOKU, WIN SON GOKU (South Korean unlicensed DB movie)

Post by mr.fredsolo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:37 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I sort of want to watch this movie now. Oolong shooting ki blasts, Pilaf setting things on fire, everyone exploding when they get defeated. That's hilarious!
I honestly recommend it. It's kind of painful to sit through but it's got neat effects, it's faithful(at least until the last half hour), and it's filled with wonderfully weird choices like Oolong using the Kamehameha, Yamcha having a magical car, and Nappa showing up as one of Pilaf's henchmen(We didn't have time to cover that in the video). The only problem is that it's hard to find.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I sort of want to watch this movie now. Oolong shooting ki blasts, Pilaf setting things on fire, everyone exploding when they get defeated. That's hilarious!
Actually, this movie was one of the first things I learned about when I got into DB. After I'd finished the Pilaf saga, I started surfing the wiki and this came up. I've watched a bit of it and it's truly hilarious. I wish somebody would sub it and then it could get reviewed by JonTron or Caddicarus.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

mr.fredsolo

Post by mr.fredsolo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:50 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Actually, this movie was one of the first things I learned about when I got into DB. After I'd finished the Pilaf saga, I started surfing the wiki and this came up. I've watched a bit of it and it's truly hilarious. I wish somebody would sub it and then it could get reviewed by JonTron or Caddicarus.
If you check out the description of my video, I put a link to to the version we watched, which has a subtitles option(they are terrible subtitles but still).
I didn't link that in here since it's probably against the forum rules.

Why wait for Jontron to do it (specially right now that his career future seems uncertain) when you could watch The Underground Critics review it right now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJsZ-VtU4Y