Super Saiyan Forms "Beyond 5"

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jamiljamtheman
Beyond Newbie

Super Saiyan Forms "Beyond 5"

Post by jamiljamtheman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 am

I think that the fan design for Super Saiyan 5 seems to be accepted under the general lines of "like SS4, but silver/white, with SS3 hair"--in video game mods and MUGEN, it seems to consistently look like this.

There are designs of forms beyond 5, though it seems they are less "consistent". This was brought to my attention after seeing a video of SS8 mods for Xenoverse 2. A few weeks ago I had figured that the most common designs I could find for SS6-8 were these recolors made into MUGEN characters (left: screencap from old youtube videos of MUGEN; right: me messing around with Extreme Butoden sprite editing/recoloring):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

However, to my surprise (and, I admit, disappointment :lol: ) the Xenoverse 2 SS8 looks like a black SS5 (with other cosmetic enhancements) instead of turquoise-fur-with-bright-gold-hair-SS5:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This complete difference in design is what leads me to ask you all: what designs have you seen for Super Saiyan forms beyond 5? Do you have favorites?