need some input on my ideas.

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

need some input on my ideas.

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Last edited by cheddarsword on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Re: need some input on my ideas.

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 pm

1) Broly being sent to earth instead of Goku is an interesting idea. But it's nearly impossible finding a way for him to get on the planet, and even then having him not just simply eradicate everything on said planet would be nigh impossible.

2) I don't think this is that interesting of an idea.

3) I would consider it out of character for Bulma to infuse herself with Saiyan DNA.

4) There is simply no way that Vegeta would let Bulma augment his strength.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 am

For Option 2, I would be more interested in the adventures of the kids. It just seems like the story would be too slow if it's focused on the new relationships of everyone that settles down.

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:16 am

I agree with FoolsGil on idea 2. It's more intriguing to focus on the children that are born from that.

Your fourth idea is interesting, in that it could be something similar to a technological version of the Old Kai's unlock ability.
My Dragonball Fanfiction: Dragonball Next

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:49 am

Don't be afraid to tweak things. For example, Broly doesn't have to be exactly like the Broly we know. Your problems regarding Broly come from how he is in the movies, but you can just tweak his personality and justify it on the different environment. After all, you are already tweaking things by sending him to Earth. What's most interesting is the events that come from that change, not the justification for the change. That justification just has to make abstract sense, which is the case with attributing the change to his different environment, it doesn't have to be completely and absolutely exact and specific in regards to everything we know from the series. Just make sure to make Broly still similar to himself in various aspects, don't change him completely.