Broly and fan fiction

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Broly and fan fiction

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Some may remember (if you do, thanks!) that I mentioned I'm working on a fanfic about Broly taking Goku's place on earth. However, though research for this is enjoyable (I'm reading through the Dragon Ball manga for the first time), it's also time consuming. I do intend to get it out there but considering that for this to work, I'm going to have to re-write ALL DRAGON BALL HISTORY, it's going to be both tedious and lengthy.

And I can't just skip certain parts here and there. Every little thing that happened in Dragon Ball lead to another thing. Goku's personality being one of the many catalysts for certain events.

For instance. I think we all know why Chichi wanted Goku to marry her. But Broly isn't Goku. Even if Broly were to be able to ride the Nimbus, (Kintoun... yeah, I'm learning loads here folks.) there's no reason to assume that he would... do what Goku did.

Do NOT make me elaborate...

So anyway, truth be told, I've never published any fanfics before. So yeah, that's one hell of a first project.

Which is why it's not going to be.

Like I said, I'm going to get it out there and reading the Dragon Ball manga is rather entertaining. But I don't know if my writing skill is up to par either. So I've decided to do something... easier first.

Someone mentioned before about how it would be interesting to see Broly wished back with a pure heart. So I want to look into doing that. Right after the Cell games, when he's STILL ALIVE!

That's right, Porunga will be called upon.

Also, as I've said, I've never published any fanfics before. So I don't know where to go to post them. I tried fanfiction.net but the rules are confusing when it comes to original characters and given how I think the story would play out... those may exist in some fanfics. Just new kids really.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Re: Broly and fan fiction

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:56 am

Just post on fanfiction.net. I've read fics in the past consisting mainly of original characters, yet set in an already-established franchise's universe. One example is the DBZ fanfic 'The Return', which is set 500 years after the end of GT, and is made up primarily of OCs, with very few cameos from canon characters here and there.

Another site you can post on is archiveofourown.org (AO3), but I personally much prefer FF.net. I find AO3 a bit harder to navigate, don't like the layout that much, and it's nowhere near as popular as FF.net, which means fewer readers and not as much interaction with your reader base.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

cheddarsword
Regular

Re: Broly and fan fiction

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Just post on fanfiction.net. I've read fics in the past consisting mainly of original characters, yet set in an already-established franchise's universe. One example is the DBZ fanfic 'The Return', which is set 500 years after the end of GT, and is made up primarily of OCs, with very few cameos from canon characters here and there.

Another site you can post on is archiveofourown.org (AO3), but I personally much prefer FF.net. I find AO3 a bit harder to navigate, don't like the layout that much, and it's nowhere near as popular as FF.net, which means fewer readers and not as much interaction with your reader base.
Thanks, I'll just stick with FF.net then.