Create Your Own Dragon Ball Character — And Win a 3D Figure of It

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Create Your Own Dragon Ball Character — And Win a 3D Figure of It

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Edit: Thought about putting this in the General section as it's pretty 'meta', but since most users here probably wouldn't be able to enter the contest proper, I figure it's mostly about using the character creator, which seemed to fit a lot better with the Fan Works one.

ANN News Post: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... it/.115335
Site: https://dragonballcp.kirin.co.jp/

...If you're Japanese, and care to buy some Kirin Mets soda anyway. :P You know, the guys who gave us those nifty dancing music videos of Goku and friends/Frieza and henchmen a few years back (around the time of Resurrection 'F' I think?).

What us non-Japanese fans can do is use the character creation program to make our own characters and share them off, use them as avatars, or whatever you want, though! I'm a sucker for these kind of things, I admit (especially officially sanctioned ones like this, where the art is going to be at least better quality than what usual fan-made ones might be), but I thought it might be fun for others here to mess around with as well. And if you navigate the site far enough, it'll even give you a power level rating (which I'd recommend using these guides to figure out how you stack up to the other characters in the series.

So to get things started, check me out! Will probably be switching this to my avatar for a bit too, as I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

And though I'm one that takes the outlook of 'Power Levels Are Bullshit' quite literally usually, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit curious what it'd give me...so let's see.

(Image in spoiler tabs cuz it's big)
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

610 eh? Not too shabby! Looking at the guide on the site, it looks like I'd be more than able to keep up with the base levels of Goku and Piccolo during the Raditz fight, but I'd be outclassed by Gohan in a fit of rage, not to mention Raditz himself. I'd then be left entirely in the dust by all of our heroes post-Kami training, so looks like I need to hit the gym.

Make some of your own guys, I'm curious to see what you come up with!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Create Your Own Dragon Ball Character — And Win a 3D Figure of It

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Here's what I came up with:

Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 am

Here's what I created:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:22 am

You were late by 1 minute :P
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38477

Yo mods, request for a merge of the two threads.