How would you use Raditz?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheZFighter
Regular

How would you use Raditz?

Post by TheZFighter » Thu May 18, 2017 3:48 pm

A point of interest for me in this series has always been the complete lack of Raditz in any way, shape or form after his death. Although I've always enjoyed Dragon Ball Z, and I'm liking some aspects of Super, I have always wondered how Raditz could have featured in the story. So, I'm wondering, where, how and why have you used him throughout the Dragon Ball story in your various thoughts and fanfictions? And please, no "I'd have used Raditz in Vegeta's role" or whatever!
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: How would you use Raditz?

Post by FoolsGil » Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Besides the standard "Raditz survives the initial fight and joins the Z Fighters?"

There was a fanfic I read where Raditz' space ball blew up on his way to Earth; Faulty wiring. While that fanfic ended with disaster as Vegeta and Nappa showed up on Earth anyways, perhaps a story could be written where against all odds, Goku and the others defeat the Androids, Goku somehow becomes a Super Saiyan, and Vegeta and Goku end up meeting still. It may not be the lengthiest Raditz role, but I call on the trope Small Role, Big Impact His death would definitely mean more in this capacity.

Otherwise, any other story involving Raditz that's unlike any other story would have him no longer being used as a device, hence, he doesn't go to Earth. Wouldn't have been hard to lie to Vegeta, perhaps Raditz knew somewhere that even Freeza would never go and heads there, having some kind of adventure or meeting someone that will survive long enough to change him from being an evil saiyan warrior. Then he goes to Earth, or back to Vegeta, or maybe take on Freeza. I don't know that's really it.

Bianju

Post by Bianju » Thu May 18, 2017 8:41 pm

I'm throwing around some ideas for a fanfic, but this one involves a sort of ultra-extended version of the events of Movie 12. But in it I actually reintroduce both Lunch and Raditz, Raditz being a partner to an oni Lunch who Enma deemed just crazy enough for the position (this of course being the result of her dying some hilarious, Evil Kenevil-style death). This would also theoretically involve a pissed-off Nappa, and two other surviving contemporaries of them who got axed before the events of the Saiyan Saga.

Basically, I like Raditz where he is. Dead.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 am

I have this little idea about him that he is sort of a bookworm. Especially for saiyan standards. He enjoys studying and is less preoccupied with battle. This idea just came to me when he instantly realized Goku must've hit his head to rationalize his personality change and just the fact that he is significantly weak for a saiyan. I would use this idea and expand on it.

In video game DBZ: Harukanaru Densetsu they said Raditz had a romantic relationship with Snake Princess after he died. I would love to see this as well and would use it. I'd be cool to see a story about them returning together for revenge on Goku, since she would want that as well.

I think it could be cool to see him joining the good side and getting involved in adventures with Goku and the gang. Maybe an AU of this.

I don't think I'd ever want him to go SSJ.
酷签名

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon May 22, 2017 8:34 am

I would have him be one of the androids. His body was left there, so Gero could just pick him up and make him an android. It wouldn't actually be him, since he wouldn't have his soul, but it would kind of be him all the same. And he could have some of Raditz's memories, making it interesting.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:38 pm

^I was going to mention the same as well. Having Raditz be #19 would be pretty cool since the Cyborgs that Future Trunks warn about are two enemies from his past (Dr. Gero and Raditz).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/