Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Post by funrush » Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Pre-Super nerfs I would have said 18 easily. Now I'm not so sure.

Shouldn't this be in fan-related/in-universe anyway?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Gog wrote:
cheddarsword wrote: I just find it hard to accept that someone who can flatten a galaxy would have a hard time fighting someone who, under stress mind you, has the power to at best, destroy planets. Most fighters in Dragon Ball had already achieved Planet Buster (World Breaker?) status by the time the first Broly movie came out and some of them could do it without really trying.
Broly isn't actually capable of destroying a Galaxy. The movie is rather inconsistent on this fact, Kaio makes a statement about Broly having torn up the Galaxy, but later he tells Goku that it's still there. In fact there is repeated flash backs of Broly destroying whole entire cites when he was a preteen. There's also the fact that every movie villain has to be around the same scale of power as the heroes themselves.

Also, Hulk is capable of breaking the Time Space Barrier:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lighting up a whole dimension:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And he picked up something that weighed as much as a star, while he was in a weaker incarnation.
...These are also a reason to not bother with Cartoon Fight Club. Not only does he fail to use accurate information, he also fails to use the most important information!

Though to be fair, Death Battle also lacked this info about hulk in it's Hulk Vs. Doomsday video. Hulk lost that fight... I thought something smelled funny about that.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am

I remember reading a Spider-man comic where Spider-man was able to get one over on the Hulk just through sheer speed and agility alone.

Hulk's had trouble with Wolverine because of his speed and agility.

So would even keep track of someone like Broly. If he can't hit Spider-man then he's not hitting Broly.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

If Carol ends up using her Binary form 18 doesn't stand a chance.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu May 25, 2017 3:31 pm

funrush wrote:Pre-Super nerfs I would have said 18 easily. Now I'm not so sure.

When did Super nerf 18?

And this was in the In-Universe form, seems to have been moved.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Supergirl

Post by dario03 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:This would of been better if they waited until after the US arc where she'd have more feats then the very few shows of power she actually has. Also, isn't Captain Marvel known for being able to stand up to Superman; not beat him, just knock the guy around a bit before getting his shit kicked in.
The Captain Marvel that became part of DC in the 1970's can, pretty sure he has even won before. Though it can vary greatly especially since he is powered by magic but not so much a direct magic user. In a lot of ways he was basically a magic based Superman and before he was part of DC there was a bunch of legal battles because of this. DC sued a bunch of people over copying Superman. Heck if there was a Death Battle decades ago CM probably would have been in the place of Goku for a vs Superman fight.

But this is Marvel's Captain Marvel who is a totally different character with different powers and is the one that still uses the name sometimes. DC's Captain Marvel goes by Shazam now, and has been called Captain Thunder a few times in the past. There was some legal conflicts over the name but I'm not sure if the name change was forced or if they just gave in to avoid more legal trouble.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Death Battle: Android 18 Vs. Supergirl

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm sick of Marvel & DC vs. DBZ fights. Don't people know that other comic books exist?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 am

Kanassa wrote:

When did Super nerf 18?

They did a bottom-to-top nerf with the Krillin episodes they did recently. If Krillin can be injured by bullets, and can also withstand any sort of impact at all from SSB Goku, that brings Goku's power way down, and subsequently everyone else that takes him seriously.

My argument back in the day for Goku being able to thrash Superman was that if Roshi could blow up the moon with one shot, and Goku is millions of times stronger than Roshi, Superman has no chance at beating Goku. If people at Raditz's strength are too fast for the human eye, SS3 Goku could kill Superman before Superman even knew they were fighting. But if Krillin is only as resilient as DB Goku, I can't quite make that argument anymore, let alone with characters weaker than Goku.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 am

funrush wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

When did Super nerf 18?

They did a bottom-to-top nerf with the Krillin episodes they did recently. If Krillin can be injured by bullets, and can also withstand any sort of impact at all from SSB Goku, that brings Goku's power way down, and subsequently everyone else that takes him seriously.

My argument back in the day for Goku being able to thrash Superman was that if Roshi could blow up the moon with one shot, and Goku is millions of times stronger than Roshi, Superman has no chance at beating Goku. If people at Raditz's strength are too fast for the human eye, SS3 Goku could kill Superman before Superman even knew they were fighting. But if Krillin is only as resilient as DB Goku, I can't quite make that argument anymore, let alone with characters weaker than Goku.
Krillin probably wouldn't even be using his full fighting power. He was only taking on a few criminals with guns he's not exactly going to be powered up to the same extent as when he fought Goku.

Look at Goku he was resilient enough that he was punched repeatedly in the face by Beerus and his head still remained on his shoulders even though Beerus can punch with enough force to threaten the universe.

And then Sorbet Ring Lasered him.

They sort of explained that in the show already with Whis and them letting their guard down.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Fri May 26, 2017 2:08 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Dragon Ball track record in Death Battle so far:

Vegeta vs Shadow the Hedgehog = DB wins
Goku vs Superman = DB Loses
Kirby vs Majin Bu = DB Loses
Goku vs Superman round 2 = DB Loses
Dan Hibiki vs Mr. Satan = DB Wins

Android 18 vs Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) = ???? (DB is likely to lose once again)

op change the thread title.
Considering they used some Archie comic feats for Shadow, Vegeta should have been destroyed in that fight. The only legit win DB has in my eyes is Mr Satan vs Dan Hibiki which is hilarious.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:07 pm

This is stupid. They should've waited until after the Universe Survival arc, where 18 is likely to get more feats, before doing this matchup. Not like they would've had that long to wait either. It's the same crap they pulled with Superman vs Goku II, where they used SSJB despite knowing next to nothing about the form at that time. Then again, considering the composite versiom Superman they used, I doubt even SSJBKK x10 Goku with his universal level punches would've been able to pull off a victory.

Sigh. Naturally, there's going to be an inevitable shitstorm when Captain Marvel ultimately wins. I know next to nothing about the character, but I'm pretty certain she's going to beat 18. This is Screwattack after all.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri May 26, 2017 11:40 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
SO THEN! Captain Marvel... Who is she again? Sorry, my DC and Marvel knowledge is limited to the main characters, Justice League and Avengers. Anything else is limited.
She has been an Avenger. Guess I should do some explaining for folks not familiar with her. Carol Danvers started as a supporting character to Marvel's first Captain Marvel. She eventually got powers and was known as Ms. Marvel having her own comic for a time in the 70s. She joined the Avengers and left after the really bad story of Avengers 200 which folks involved in that comic regret. Afterwards her enemy Mystique sicked her foster daughter Rogue who could absorb people's powers and memories, and she held on for quite some time gaining her powers of flight and super strength permanently. Rogue would later leave Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and join the X-Men. Carol got repowered somehow and used other names before going back to Ms. Marvel, and eventually she took the name Captain Marvel for herself. Here's her most known outfit as Ms. Marvel:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 27, 2017 8:10 am

I've been skipping fights since Megazord v Voltron. How the fuck is Tony Stark allowed to use 3 suits in his fight against Lex Luthor but MMPR can't get Titanus and make Dino Ultrazord? That's not fair.

And there's one thing learned from these things: Don't expect the DBZ characters to win. I get Superman v Goku they had stats and feats enough to make a goddamn documentary...but Kirby v Buu? I want to call a bit of bullshit on that one.

So Captain Marvel is going to win this. Imho, with a Wonder Woman movie coming out and Captain Marvel on the MCU queue, they should be duking it out. I don't really watch much anime, but there should be someone else Eighteen could fight who's cybernetic right?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 27, 2017 9:17 am

FoolsGil wrote:I don't really watch much anime, but there should be someone else Eighteen could fight who's cybernetic right?
Can't think of any that would be close enough in power for it to be a fair fight.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 27, 2017 9:32 am

If anyone's curious, the Death Battle thread on the Screw Attack Forms seem to conclude that 18 is fucked, and this fight is a worthless and unfair match up.... Well, after a few pages of sexy 18 fanart because no one there seems to like Miss Marvel :D

Kanassa wrote:

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am

FoolsGil wrote:I've been skipping fights since Megazord v Voltron. How the fuck is Tony Stark allowed to use 3 suits in his fight against Lex Luthor but MMPR can't get Titanus and make Dino Ultrazord? That's not fair.

And there's one thing learned from these things: Don't expect the DBZ characters to win. I get Superman v Goku they had stats and feats enough to make a goddamn documentary...but Kirby v Buu? I want to call a bit of bullshit on that one.

So Captain Marvel is going to win this. Imho, with a Wonder Woman movie coming out and Captain Marvel on the MCU queue, they should be duking it out. I don't really watch much anime, but there should be someone else Eighteen could fight who's cybernetic right?
The reason Stark could use multiple suits is because that's just who he is and what he does. The reason the Power Rangers couldn't switch is because this wasn't a fight between the pilots of the suits like Stark V. Luthor, it was a fight between those mech suits in particular. Just like Tigerzord V. Epyon.

As for your second comment, I find it interesting that you just flat out believe the shit they pulled in DCGOD/Superman Vs. Goku. Inaccurate numbers were used right on screen, the gravity method was BS and based on wrong information. And yet still, Superman could have just lobotomized Goku. The entire fight was an unnecessary farce that was rigged in favor of superman before they even considered doing the fight in the first place. They just had to make it look good was all.

The Kirby Vs. Buu fight truly was a farce as well. Using the TV show, which is NON CANON, is quite frankly one of the biggest ass pulls I've seen from the show. And if you think I'm being just a biased DBZ fan, no. I grew up LOVING Kirby games. Super Star in particular. I played that game to death.

As for someone else for 18 to fight, Cyborg from DC might be a decent choice. He's survived a punch or two from Darkseid who is known to smack Superman around. Granted, it hurt him like hell but that only seems to make the match up more viable.

Alisa Boskonovich as well. Though she's a literal android, not a cyborg. She was built to defend Jin Kazama from the likes of Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima. Not that he couldn't handle himself of course...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 27, 2017 12:19 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
As for your second comment, I find it interesting that you just flat out believe the shit they pulled in DCGOD/Superman Vs. Goku. Inaccurate numbers were used right on screen, the gravity method was BS and based on wrong information. And yet still, Superman could have just lobotomized Goku. The entire fight was an unnecessary farce that was rigged in favor of superman before they even considered doing the fight in the first place. They just had to make it look good was all.

In the second fight they had literal examples from the comics. Even if the numbers from the first video are faulty, Someone who can lift infinity vs someone that can't, that explains clearly how strong they both are.
The Kirby Vs. Buu fight truly was a farce as well. Using the TV show, which is NON CANON, is quite frankly one of the biggest ass pulls I've seen from the show. And if you think I'm being just a biased DBZ fan, no. I grew up LOVING Kirby games. Super Star in particular. I played that game to death.
I was actually a huge Kirby fan growing up as well. And Death Battle uses information from all media so I'm fine with them using information from the cartoon, but it was just complete deus ex machina he's going to remember some super inhale bullshit. There's coincidences like Raiden's sword being the same material in the Marvel universe that could kill Wolverine, and then there's that.
As for someone else for 18 to fight, Cyborg from DC might be a decent choice. He's survived a punch or two from Darkseid who is known to smack Superman around. Granted, it hurt him like hell but that only seems to make the match up more viable.

Alisa Boskonovich as well. Though she's a literal android, not a cyborg. She was built to defend Jin Kazama from the likes of Kazuya and Heihachi Mishima. Not that he couldn't handle himself of course...
Both sound like far better substitutes.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 pm

FoolsGil wrote:I've been skipping fights since Megazord v Voltron. How the fuck is Tony Stark allowed to use 3 suits in his fight against Lex Luthor but MMPR can't get Titanus and make Dino Ultrazord? That's not fair.

They could have her fight Cyborg Superman... Actually they could just make all DBZ vs DC Death Battles be vs some version of Superman.
CG Gohan vs Superboy
Future Trunks vs Superman 1,000,000
Vegeta vs Superboy Prime
Beerus vs God of Steel Superman
16 vs a Superman bot
Piccolo vs Green Lantern Superman

I'm sure nobody would have a problem with that :lol:

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat May 27, 2017 6:42 pm

FoolsGil wrote: So Captain Marvel is going to win this. Imho, with a Wonder Woman movie coming out and Captain Marvel on the MCU queue, they should be duking it out. I don't really watch much anime, but there should be someone else Eighteen could fight who's cybernetic right?
They already had Wonder Woman in one, against Rogue. Wonder Woman lost.

Also with the Kirby thing, a lot of folks forget the advantage he had. Kirby is a good guy.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
FoolsGil wrote: So Captain Marvel is going to win this. Imho, with a Wonder Woman movie coming out and Captain Marvel on the MCU queue, they should be duking it out. I don't really watch much anime, but there should be someone else Eighteen could fight who's cybernetic right?
They already had Wonder Woman in one, against Rogue. Wonder Woman lost.
Batman got two fights.