Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage) COMPLETED

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Buu Kai manga cut (Dragon box footage)

Post by TheAldella » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Will grab it in a few days. I'm just damn glad to have it available at long last. A waterfall of thank yous to you, my dude.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:55 am

Holy shit. You really trimmed that last piece. No wonder it took so long to do. That was amazing.

This project is such a great thing.

After-the-fact request: Can you give me a version of your Super Saiyan 3 transformation that isn't as edited down? As well as Super Saiyan Goku vs. Kid Boo!

For first-time-viewing if I'm showing somebody, I'd much rather show them this project, for the superior pacing, footage, music placements, etc, but those two things had a lot of dope visuals removed.

Can ya do that for me?

I'd like this to be my ideal Boo arc edit, and those are the only two things I want. Yaknow?
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:26 pm

are these in 5.1 surround sound (would explain the large file sizes)
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:38 am

No it's pretty much uncompressed video making the files so large.

Supermist

Post by Supermist » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm

I used handbrake to cut the file sizes down without compromising quality.

It's free and easy.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:43 am

These episodes are amazing, I've just watched five of them and they're making me love the Buu arc again. I absolutely love the way you pace the fights, exactly as I imagine them when reading the manga. I'm wondering though, why you decided to end the episodes with a fade to black rather than ending credits? Especially considering you included the openings.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 am

Well with how edited they are from the original episode format, the credits wouldn't be, well, "crediting" anyone originally involved right? Though I suppose I could of went with text less closings. Overall I'm glad you guys are still enjoying the edit.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:36 am

MR.Mark wrote:Well with how edited they are from the original episode format, the credits wouldn't be, well, "crediting" anyone originally involved right? Though I suppose I could of went with text less closings. Overall I'm glad you guys are still enjoying the edit.
Yeah, the textless closings are what I meant, like the openings.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Got ya, well I just didn't find putting them in necessary.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:18 am

Downloaded the first episode but was rather disappointed. The picture quality doesn't really seem all that good, some sort of compression was done to it, the Dragon Box Z still to this day looks great.

Then, I didn't realize you'd be using Sumitomo's music so that was another deal-breaker.

Regardless, this Manga Kai Boo cut is excellent for those who enjoy it.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Your free to your opinion but your the first to complain of the visual quality, the files are rather large and I don't see any compression myself.

3021GSO

Post by 3021GSO » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Love it. Everything about your edit is just perfect. You should be commended for the time you put into such a masterpiece of a re-edit.

P. S. Have you ever thought about doing the Peaceful World Saga? If not I understand why.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Peaceful world saga?

Also thanks, I'm polishing up older episode cuts with reverbs and whatnot and the Uub stuff is coming.

Stamosito

Post by Stamosito » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Wow! This is so amazing, I binge watched the whole thing! I literally made an account just to say thank you! I remember not liking the buu arc because of how long it drags on for. Even TFC is difficult to watch but this edit is near perfect. I do have a couple questions though. You said you're planning on making some changes to your edits? I was curious as to what you're planning on changing and when you're planning on releasing them? Also could you put the date next to each link when you update them? This will let me know when to re-download a link. I want to compress the files but I want to wait until after you feel like they're completely polished to do so. And if you're making some changes anyway, I wanted to say that I think I found a couple audio glitches while watching the edits. I can let you know where they are if you'd like to correct them alongside the other changes you plan on making.

I only had two things that I wish could be different. I wish the fight between Majin Vegeta and Goku could be a bit longer but I understand why it isn't. I also wish Goku's SSJ3 transformation could be a bit longer as well. But these are small things and the edit is already great as it is!

I wrote a ton of things that I liked but I guess I took too long because when I hit preview, it sent me to the login page so I lost everything and I don't feel like re-typing it all haha. Anyway thank you again for the edit. I love it so much

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:16 am

Thanks a lot, feel free to give suggestions!

I'm adding reverb and polishing up cuts here and there to flow better.

Stamosito

Post by Stamosito » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:09 am

Okay awesome! So I noticed two audio glitches while watching it my first time through. On part one, Chichi's voice stutters at 22:17. As for the second glitch, I think Vegeta has what feels to be an out of place line on part 4 at 38:42. He says "He's broken through the super saiyan barrier." Other than that, I don't really recall anything else that might be a mistake and I don't really have any pacing suggestions either. Haha, but honestly the edit is so good that I think I'm going to watch it again and I'll let you know if I have any future suggestions! Thanks again, I'm looking forward to your revised edits!

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Whoa, good call on ChiChi, your right, I will correct that! As for Vegeta, that was him doing an eternal thought on Goku, just placed in a different moment. A bit of a creative liberty I guess. Keep letting me know about stuff like this though I appreciate it!

3021GSO

Post by 3021GSO » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:32 pm

MR.Mark wrote:Peaceful world saga?

Also thanks, I'm polishing up older episode cuts with reverbs and whatnot and the Uub stuff is coming.
Yeah, Peaceful World Saga being the Uub episodes. Can't wait! :D :D

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Hey, I noticed in your earlier episodes you used pokemixer's versions of the sumitomo music. With the official releases out now, and the unofficial tracks that kai sadly left out of its soundtrack for TFC, will you be putting those in your polishes?

Either way, I'm a huge fan of this project and whenever I get someone into DBZ I'll probably have them watch your version of the buu saga :thumbup: