DBX: Broly VS Doomsday (Dragon Ball Z VS DC Comics)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

DBX: Broly VS Doomsday (Dragon Ball Z VS DC Comics)

Post by dario03 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 am

From about 6 weeks back but I didn't see any posts on it...

https://youtu.be/m2PwbQFW46Q?t=33

Puto
I Live Here

Re: DBX: Broly VS Doomsday (Dragon Ball Z VS DC Comics)

Post by Puto » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:41 am

[spoiler]That's not really a fair fight, Doomsday is literally immortal...[/spoiler]
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:59 am

Sorry to say it but this was a pretty accurate depiction of what this fight would have been like.

Broly at the height of his power (which is Second Coming regardless of what mad Broly-fans will tell you) is not match for Doomsday, a being who's physical prowess rivals Superman.

His speed and power alone who have been enough but Doomsday brings a lot more then that. While Doomsday is no brainboy, he dose have some fighting skill. While his sole thought is to kill and destroy everything, he will adapt his attack style to counter his foe. Superman himself noted this stating Doomsday was "showing his intelligence" by attack Supe's with thrown objects to get him out of the sky. Something the Screwattack crew have never mentioned is that Doomsday's strength, speed and durability will increase over time as well. During his first battle with Superman, Doomdays and he were on roughly equal footing but during their second battle he broke a stronger version of Superman's arm with little effort. However is greatest ability is his adaption. It is by far one of the most lethal variations of this ability I know of, as Doomsday's adapted counter measures can be subtle or grand but always strike at his target with shocking effectiveness.

To give a small list -

Superman - Bone harpoons covered in poison.

Martian Man-hunter - Flame Breath, Telepathic Immunity, Intangibility Bypass.

The Radiant - Aura of opposing energy to that which mad up the Radiant's body .

Sonic Gun - Ear Canals instantly closed up.

Wave Rider - Energy feedback of Wave Riders time abilities.

Since Broly's seeming invulnerability has been bypassed by penetrating attacks before, with sufficient power behind them of cause, all Doomsday needed was a penetrating attack to put his strength behind. Also he adapted to counter Broly's only true advantage, ki attacks and range, which as I've shown is well withing his abilities to do so.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:00 am

Puto wrote:[spoiler]That's not really a fair fight, Doomsday is literally immortal...[/spoiler]
He doesn't have to die to lose.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:17 am

rereboy wrote:
Puto wrote:[spoiler]That's not really a fair fight, Doomsday is literally immortal...[/spoiler]
...You DO know that "DBX" stands for "Death Battle X" right? It's still a fight to the death, they just don't do their research with these. But since their research is usually inaccurate anyway, it's not missed.

Still though... planet busting, galaxy wrecking monster loses to Darwin's legacy incarnate? The fuck?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 am

cheddarsword wrote:
rereboy wrote:
...You DO know that "DBX" stands for "Death Battle X" right? It's still a fight to the death, they just don't do their research with these. But since their research is usually inaccurate anyway, it's not missed.

Still though... planet busting, galaxy wrecking monster loses to Darwin's legacy incarnate? The fuck?
Fine, I'll be specific. He doesn't have to really die and never come back to lose. Every time Doomsday loses he basically dies, but he eventually comes back to life stronger, sometimes much later.

(Nevertheless, even if that wasn't the case, that would be a pretty stupid loophole since there are characters who aren't all that powerful, and would lose many fights, but just can't die. Would they just be proclaimed champions of DB by default, then, because they could outlast their opponents even if its due to old age? :lol: )

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am

rereboy wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:
rereboy wrote:

Fine, I'll be specific. He doesn't have to really die and never come back to lose. Every time Doomsday loses he basically dies, but he eventually comes back to life stronger, sometimes much later.

(Nevertheless, even if that wasn't the case, that would be a pretty stupid loophole since there are characters who aren't all that powerful, and would lose many fights, but just can't die. Would they just be proclaimed champions of DB by default, then, because they could outlast their opponents even if its due to old age? :lol: )
Basically, you're talking about immortals. Yeah, when it comes to DB, immortals need not apply. Because it's cheating.

I do get what you mean though. Death to doomsday is like a hiccup in living. "That which kills me, only makes me stronger." I guess. So even if Broly managed to "kill" him, it would only be a temporary victory. Still, a victory is a victory.

Granted though, Broly may not be an Idiot, but I doubt he could find a new way to kill Doomsday. And being from a different universe, he wouldn't know that he had to either. This would be an eventual victory for Doomsday. Hence the point, immortals need not apply.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Accurate result like the Hulk vs Doomsday death battle. Doomsday could take on Hulk and Broly at the same time and still come out on top.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Overlord78 wrote:Accurate result like the Hulk vs Doomsday death battle. Doomsday could take on Hulk and Broly at the same time and still come out on top.
Yeah, but so could Zamasu and Garlic Jr. Why? Because Immortality.