[FAN GAME] DbzArena - video preview

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blackvz

[FAN GAME] DbzArena - video preview

Post by Blackvz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working on a fan game called dbzarena for some time now.

DbzArena is a 2D side scrolling rpg based on Dragonball Z & Super. You will be able to gain levels, buy things, fight strong enemys, transform, perform a lot of skills and even more! We want to create a whole new experience on a Dragonball 2D game and are happy about any feedback, we get.

We already have playable Demos but don't want to release them at this time. There are many things on our todo list and a lot of work in the future.

Take a look at our dev preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLeiXeYdx0

We already developed new exciting features which you can't see in the preview #3. But of course there will be a new preview soon. I'm happy about any feedback and feature requests of you!

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: [FAN GAME] DbzArena - video preview

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Blackvz wrote:Hey guys,

I'm working on a fan game called dbzarena for some time now.

DbzArena is a 2D side scrolling rpg based on Dragonball Z & Super. You will be able to gain levels, buy things, fight strong enemys, transform, perform a lot of skills and even more! We want to create a whole new experience on a Dragonball 2D game and are happy about any feedback, we get.

We already have playable Demos but don't want to release them at this time. There are many things on our todo list and a lot of work in the future.

Take a look at our dev preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLeiXeYdx0

We already developed new exciting features which you can't see in the preview #3. But of course there will be a new preview soon. I'm happy about any feedback and feature requests of you!
It looks amazing! I really like the transformation system and the visuals. Are there more transformations other than the regular Super Saiyan? and what's the plot?
What other features are planned for the game? I'm definitely interested :thumbup:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Blackvz

Post by Blackvz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:51 pm

Hey Macky :) Thanks a lot for your interest + feedback. Currently we have sprites for Ssj1, ssj2, ssj3, ssj blue. And yes they are in but not in the trailer.

Here are some points of our feature list:
- Locking system (already implemented that one -> you can now autoaim on enemys)
- Shop System
- Stat System (Where you can add points to different stats like attack, def and much more)
- Aggro Display (already implemented -> you will see it in the next trailer)
- new skills for the player
- day/night cycle
- more enemys (we currently got 3)
- tutorial level
- new camera system (already implemented (works with the locking autoaim system) -> which will automaticly focus on enemys)
- UI for character stats and inventar

That are just some points of a very big list.

Feel free to suggest new ones! And you will definitely see more in the next dev preview.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Looks interesting.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:31 pm

This looks great! Will their be quests or missions with story dialog and character dialog of the actual Dragon Ball series? Like Buu's Fury or gamebody game. Such as Saiyan saga, Freeza saga, Boo, Beerus etc... Where certain transformations like SSJ become unlocked? It'd be neat if it covered OG DB to Super. I'd be neat to play as kid Goku and play through the quests and level up and watch him age as you go. Is there a window for an open beta?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm down for it if you can use weapons. Goku being able to the use pole is good enough for me. I'd even be fine if weapons were just a aesthetic thing with no stats boost.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Blackvz

Post by Blackvz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:26 pm

Xeztin wrote:This looks great! Will their be quests or missions with story dialog and character dialog of the actual Dragon Ball series? Like Buu's Fury or gamebody game. Such as Saiyan saga, Freeza saga, Boo, Beerus etc... Where certain transformations like SSJ become unlocked? It'd be neat if it covered OG DB to Super. I'd be neat to play as kid Goku and play through the quests and level up and watch him age as you go. Is there a window for an open beta?
There will be Quests, yes :) It's on our feature list also. We have also kid Goku sprites and the possibilities are there.