How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:41 am

Bullza wrote:If anyone finds it unfair that I've included the likes of Batman, Green Arrow and Green Lantern (who can't even use his ring), well it was because I wanted to use the core team as though they were just immediately transported to the arena and then how they would deal with the situation right then and there.

However I just looked into Hawkgirl and from what I read most of her abilities and power comes from this Nth Metal. I think that would also count as a weapon right? So she also would be rendered useless in this Tournament.

So they'd really only have about 6 actual fighters with the rest being just talented peak humans who could offer strategic support and that's it.

It'd be the same problem if you were to include The Avengers because Iron Man couldn't have his suit because it's technically a weapon. Captain America couldn't have his shield so he'd be completely outmatched. Thor wouldn't have his Hammer. Hawkeye wouldn't have his bow. Black Widow wouldn't have her guns.

I would imagine they would be allowed to use they're items for the tournament if you want them. I am sure Zeno would allow it. Since all he wants to see is cool action battles.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:47 am

Although I do wonder if it would be allowed to use equipment that does not qualify as a weapon. For example, some kind of stealth device.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 am

Fun thread! These are my two cents:

Superman: I don't think he's stronger than Jiren or SSB. But I think it would be Golden Freeza the one knocking him out. He plays dirty, and albeit killing is forbidden, maiming is not (death saucers would be handy...if he can hit).

Batman: I'm sure he can use trickery to ring out two or more adversaries, and provide some tactical advice, but he is outclassed.

Wonder Woman: She would do well, she's a strong, capable fighter, but lacks any special ability and is not powerful enough to win.

The Flash: This guy can ring out everyone in the blink of an eye, but since this is the Tournament of Power HE WOULD BE HOLDING BACK, allowing Hit to knock him out. Seriously, Flash is OP and would win if some plot bullshit doesn't interfere.

Green lantern: If he has absorbed the power of the ring, then he is a power to be reckoned with. Otherwise, why is he even there?

Aquaman: Can be trashed by Vegetta or even Piccolo.

Cyborg: He's not that different from Kasheral, and we know how far the pride trooper got in the tournament.

Martian Manhunter: As the flash, he can single handedly defeat everyone thanks to his mind control powers. Funny thing is, Buu should be inmune to this for similar reasons than Plastic Man. But he's not fighting! See? We need Buu in the team!

Green Arrow: If he's like his TV show counterpart, he can feel guilty and brood each time a teammate is ringed out. He can't do anything else anyway.

Hawkgirl: Natural flying is a double-edged skill in this tournamet, since it makes you an easy target for everyone else. So, she would be blasted away early in the tournament.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Bullza wrote:I know people like Aquaman and Hawkgirl are powerful but not to what extent. Do they even have super speed?

Would Lavenders poison work on Superman and Wonder Woman?

Do any of them have the martial arts skills to actually stand up to these people or would they mostly have to rely on sheer strength.
Aquaman has enhanced senses, smell sight etc. Superhuman strength, agility etc as well as the big one super stamina. Arthur would be able to hold his own just fine.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:I know people like Aquaman and Hawkgirl are powerful but not to what extent. Do they even have super speed?

Would Lavenders poison work on Superman and Wonder Woman?

Do any of them have the martial arts skills to actually stand up to these people or would they mostly have to rely on sheer strength.
Aquaman has enhanced senses, smell sight etc. Superhuman strength, agility etc as well as the big one super stamina. Arthur would be able to hold his own just fine.
I heard he can swim at Mach 10 underwater. He might be slower in the air, though.

Of course the most dangerous thing about him and what most people underestimate is his telepathy, which works on anyone who has aquatic ancestors.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Well telepathy didn't even work for Babidi when it came to Vegeta.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Bullza wrote:Well telepathy didn't even work for Babidi when it came to Vegeta.
That's quite different, as Shin stated that Babidi did not bend people to his will, but rather magnified the evil in their hearts. More of a mystical vs. a scientific thing.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:42 pm

So the thing that I thought was the sun before, turns out was just a light. There is no sun present.

Wouldn't that mean Superman would continue to lose power the longer he was there? How long can he go without being in the presence of the sun? It probably wouldn't be a factor I imagine, he goes to sleep for hours when the sun ain't out after all.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:46 am

Bullza wrote:So the thing that I thought was the sun before, turns out was just a light. There is no sun present.

Wouldn't that mean Superman would continue to lose power the longer he was there? How long can he go without being in the presence of the sun? It probably wouldn't be a factor I imagine, he goes to sleep for hours when the sun ain't out after all.
In most cases, several days at least before he starts losing his powers. Sometimes weeks.

Although I think the premise of this thread is kind of wrong to begin with... if they're assembling a team for the Tournament of Power, it wouldn't be the JLA, it would be a collection of 10 of the best fighters in their universe (who were willing to participate). Depending on what continuity you go by that would be the Earth-1, New Earth, Earth-Prime or whatever universe. I'm not sure who would end up being chosen though.

Lobo possibly, he likes to fight even if money isn't involved, and he'd like the prize of the wish. But not being allowed to use his weapons could be a problem.

One or more of the Guardians of the Universe might fight, just for the sake of protecting the universe. And unlike GLs their powers are internal so they won't have a problem with not being allowed weapons.

Doomsday is probably too bestial and uncontrollable to participate, he would likely attack his own teammates.

Darkseid and his minions are from a completely different dimension/universe, so they probably wouldn't even care.

Despero might be a willing and effective participant.

Also Amazo to copy powers.

Then there are characters like the Spectre who are pretty much cheating, so it would probably be better to leave them out.

Overall I think a realistic DC team would look something like this:

- Superman
- Martian Manhunter
- Flash
- Wonder Woman
- Lobo
- Despero
- Amazo
- Ganthet
- Sayd
- Starbreaker

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:49 am

Although if you want to take this to its logical conclusion, considering all of the aliens and civilizations in the DC Universe, their mortal level would probably be high enough that they wouldn't even have to participate in the first place.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Yeah if they were in a similar position and they could choose the team then it'd be very different from the one that I included in the OP.

I just included that team as the main Justice League members, the primary team, as though they were thrown into it all of a sudden.

Which isn't fair to the DC universe but I wanted to see how people thought they would still deal with it anyway.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:00 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah if they were in a similar position and they could choose the team then it'd be very different from the one that I included in the OP.

I just included that team as the main Justice League members, the primary team, as though they were thrown into it all of a sudden.

Which isn't fair to the DC universe but I wanted to see how people thought they would still deal with it anyway.
To my knowledge, there are currently two Justice League teams, the JL and the JLA. Neither of which have a particularly large or overly powered rosters. There is a cross-over between the two teams in Batman, but otherwise they're completely different entities(the JLA is less powerful than the JL, just for reference).

EDIT: In the rebirth comics I mean.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:15 am

It's episodes like the current one where I feel like even if The Flash or even Superman were indeed faster than the others it wouldn't make too much of a difference because the sheer skill of the Dragon Ball characters would prevail against it anyway.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 am

Bullza wrote:It's episodes like the current one where I feel like even if The Flash or even Superman were indeed faster than the others it wouldn't make too much of a difference because the sheer skill of the Dragon Ball characters would prevail against it anyway.
Yeah, Hit just proved the Flash would get his ass kicked.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:30 am

Kanassa wrote:
Bullza wrote:It's episodes like the current one where I feel like even if The Flash or even Superman were indeed faster than the others it wouldn't make too much of a difference because the sheer skill of the Dragon Ball characters would prevail against it anyway.
Not really. The league has skill and also plenty of experience, including experience fighting people with those types of abilities.

Also they made it sound like a big deal that Dyspo was faster then light and sound. So bit confusing there and a point for lowballing others.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:47 pm

dario03 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Not really. The league has skill and also plenty of experience, including experience fighting people with those types of abilities.

Also they made it sound like a big deal that Dyspo was faster then light and sound. So bit confusing there and a point for lowballing others.
Dyspo was also predictable because he moved in a straight line when using his super speed. The Flash learned not to do that a long time ago (in most continuities at least).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Dyspo was also predictable because he moved in a straight line when using his super speed. The Flash learned not to do that a long time ago (in most continuities at least).
Well there might be that but it's that they keep finding ways to overcome these tricks.

You had Caulifla who bulked out, all muscles and power that exceeded Goku's and he just made a fool of her.

There's Dyspo and his extreme speed but Goku was still able to get one over on his ability just down to sheer skill at being able to read his movements. Same thing with Hit as well.

So it just makes you wonder if them possibly having greater strength or speed would really even make that much of a difference considering just how skilled these people can be.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:43 pm

You can't discount the skill of both sides, though.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:21 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
dario03 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Yeah, Hit just proved the Flash would get his ass kicked.

Dyspo was also predictable because he moved in a straight line when using his super speed. The Flash learned not to do that a long time ago (in most continuities at least).
I still think someone like Hit could take out the Flash pretty simply. The only reason Dyspo was a threat was because he could predict the exact moment in which to attack(not to mention the fact he was already really strong and durable, while the Flash is more like a glass canon), I don't think the Flash has the ability to do that, and against someone who can basically stop time and can make themselves intangible, I don't see the Flash being able to overcome that kind of powerset.

The main advantage of the Justice League would be teamwork(they would probably all stay in a group), and the diversity of different abilities. If they each gunned on to fight on there own however, they wouldn't be that hard to take out.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:24 am

Actually he's quite experienced when it comes to fighting both time manipulators and intangible enemies.