How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:37 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Could they win? Maybe. Depends on who the writer wants to suck off. :lolno:
I wonder how Frank Miller would make Batman come out on top in this...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 am

Bullza wrote:Well Superman could be possibly be stronger than them all, that's not a given in any way considering I doubt he can throw a punch with enough force to threaten a universe but physical strength alone might not necessarily be enough for him to win.
It depends entirely on who is writing Superman at the time. Either he can trade blows with Beerus or a Saibaman can kick the shit out of him. He's not even consistently depicted as planet-level, much less "galaxy-busting/universe-busting" or whatever the new power level is. At his lowest low end you can simply point out that he has trouble with Wonder Woman who is threatened by bullets.
Flash is very quick but I don't know how the others really compare but if they have anything like the speed that Beerus displayed in Episode 2 then it might not be as vast as you might think.
And again I don't know if it would work against Hit or not. If Hit is more powerful than Flash then could stop him couldn't he?
Someone with identical powers to the Flash was killed by a normal old man with a knife, he is not an unstoppable force.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 am

Kanassa wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
He would break all the rules, kill half the contestants, beat the crap out of Superman, punch out all the Grand Priest's teeth and then proceed to kill Zeno with a headbutt.

Why?

Because his the goddamn Batman!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:44 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: MM would suffer problems from Magetta but otherwise, his telepathic abilities and intangibility would make him really tough for anyone to beat. Flash could probably murder everyone there if he went all out, the Speed Force is ridiculously OP.
Flash got stomped into the dirt by Professor Zoom, who was then killed by a normal man with a sword.
I'm pretty sure it was said that Zoom was syphoning Speed Force away from Barry, hence making him too weak to use anything close to his actual strength.
JazzMazz wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
He would break all the rules, kill half the contestants, beat the crap out of Superman, punch out all the Grand Priest's teeth and then proceed to kill Zeno with a headbutt.

Why?

Because his the goddamn Batman!
If he wrote it like he and Azzarello did Master Race, Superman would do to everyone what Batman does to the mutant leader: put them on an operating table and do some surgery.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:46 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: MM would suffer problems from Magetta but otherwise, his telepathic abilities and intangibility would make him really tough for anyone to beat. Flash could probably murder everyone there if he went all out, the Speed Force is ridiculously OP.
Flash got stomped into the dirt by Professor Zoom, who was then killed by a normal man with a sword.
I'm pretty sure it was said that Zoom was syphoning Speed Force away from Barry, hence making him too weak to use anything close to his actual strength.
They probably threw in a line like that, considering usually he's even with Thawne, rather than drastically inferior. It still doesn't change the fact that this supposed MFTL solar-system-busting multiverse-wrecking god was killed by an old man with a knife (or a gun, in the movie, which makes astronomically more sense but still basically none). Comics aren't consistent and were probably never meant to be (comic book movies on the other hand are surprisingly much more consistent with power levels, the SFX teams take pride in that).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:It depends entirely on who is writing Superman at the time. Either he can trade blows with Beerus or a Saibaman can kick the shit out of him. He's not even consistently depicted as planet-level, much less "galaxy-busting/universe-busting" or whatever the new power level is. At his lowest low end you can simply point out that he has trouble with Wonder Woman who is threatened by bullets.
Yeah, Superman's weird, from what I've read from Rebirth, he could probably destroy a planet if he really tried. I mean, he was nearly killed from being in the Earth's core for too long so who knows.

Also, Wonder-Woman is inconsistent as well. Sometimes she can beat the crap out of Superman, other times bullets are threatening her. In Rebirth, I would say she could easily destroy mountains for certain, I'm not sure she could destroy a planet(unless I'm missing something, if so, my bad).

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 am

Kanassa wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Kanassa wrote: UH, why? Nothing about this topic has anything to do with you personally.
1) I have a bone to pick with all of those killed by the two Omni-Kings in my variation of the Tournament of Power.

2) This has everything to do with me. For murdering those I have hatred for would be a dream come true.
So, nothing then? Just off-topic bullshit? Cool.
1) The fruits of training gained under Goku from the Universe Survival Saga, Piccolo also from the Universe Survival Saga, and Future Videl from the Future Trunks Timeline in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for under two years would say otherwise. For I would have jumped from being as strong as GT Trunks from the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga, to mopping the floor with Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black in his prime with my base form as a Saiyan Beyond God. Future Zamasu and Merged Zamasu would have been nothing to me in my Full Power Super Saiyan form, as I would have mastered to perfection in a way to produce and utilize Hakai Energy, to even make Infinite Zamasu helpless against me. With Goku’s help, I would have then done the impossible, make me in my Super Saiyan Blue form completely immune to being erased by the Hakaishins, Death Angels, Grand Priest, and even the two Zenos. Staying and switching between my Saiyan Beyond God, Great Ape, Full Power Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue, Golden Great Ape, and Super Saiyan 4 forms would be done without any loss of either my energy, stamina, or endurance, and instantaneously changing between my transformations to access their unique abilities would be of also no effort on my part. Both my Great Ape and Golden Great Ape forms would have powers even the likes of both Whis and Vados wouldn't know about. The Super Saiyan 4 form I would have in reserve for the very end of the Tournament of Power to combat the Grand Priest would have been even more powerful than my Super Saiyan Blue form, as my former second strongest form would have been perfected the most than the others mentioned before it.

2) What I have posted was only slightly off-topic, that much I will admit, but we both know none of it was bullshit. As I was forced to become what I am today from being in the shadow of a monster living off the suffering of others. A worse monster than any other out there in the real world. One even comparable to Frieza. But with a much darker heart than the likes of the tyrant. And I am not talking about the one with more than just Presidential power to back him up.

3) Sarcasm won't work with me.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) I have a bone to pick with all of those killed by the two Omni-Kings in my variation of the Tournament of Power.

2) This has everything to do with me. For murdering those I have hatred for would be a dream come true.
So, nothing then? Just off-topic bullshit? Cool.
1) The fruits of training gained under Goku from the Universe Survival Saga, Piccolo also from the Universe Survival Saga, and Future Videl from the Future Trunks Timeline in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for under two years would say otherwise. For I would have jumped from being as strong as GT Trunks from the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga, to mopping the floor with Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black in his prime with my base form as a Saiyan Beyond God. Future Zamasu and Merged Zamasu would have been nothing to me in my Full Power Super Saiyan form, as I would have mastered to perfection in a way to produce and utilize Hakai Energy, to even make Infinite Zamasu helpless against me. With Goku’s help, I would have then done the impossible, make me in my Super Saiyan Blue form completely immune to being erased by the Hakaishins, Death Angels, Grand Priest, and even the two Zenos. Staying and switching between my Saiyan Beyond God, Great Ape, Full Power Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Blue, Golden Great Ape, and Super Saiyan 4 forms would be done without any loss of either my energy, stamina, or endurance, and instantaneously changing between my transformations to access their unique abilities would be of also no effort on my part. Both my Great Ape and Golden Great Ape forms would have powers even the likes of both Whis and Vados wouldn't know about. The Super Saiyan 4 form I would have in reserve for the very end of the Tournament of Power to combat the Grand Priest would have been even more powerful than my Super Saiyan Blue form, as my former second strongest form would have been perfected the most than the others mentioned before it.

2) What I have posted was only slightly off-topic, that much I will admit, but we both know none of it was bullshit. As I was forced to become what I am today from being in the shadow of a monster living off the suffering of others. A worse monster than any other out there in the real world. One even comparable to Frieza. But with a much darker heart than the likes of the tyrant. And I am not talking about the one with more than just Presidential power to back him up.

What are you doing?

Are, roleplaying?

If so, why here? It's kind of baffling and a little annoying to be honest.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:02 am

Well it's not about strength, being how smart most of the Justice League members are, strategists too they could probably pull something off.

Batman is physically useless here but he could observe people and then give instructions to the others.

Is Martian Man hunter the only one who has any kind of Hax?

Green Lantern can produce energy shields and beams but I don't know how powerful they would be compared to say Android 17.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Kanassa wrote: So, nothing then? Just off-topic bullshit? Cool.

What are you doing?

Are, roleplaying?

If so, why here? It's kind of baffling and a little annoying to be honest.
1) Providing my interpretation of how the Justice League would get slaughtered in the Tournament of Power in both canon and non-canon scenarios.

2) Because of my little sister's eating habits, I don't have the resources to do such a thing.

3) Bullza had asked how would (the constantly reimagined) Superman and his Super Friends fare in the Tournament of Power. Also your reaction is quite normal, as I am the only one to not feel the same way.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:06 am

Bullza wrote:Well it's not about strength, being how smart most of the Justice League members are, strategists too they could probably pull something off.

Batman is physically useless here but he could observe people and then give instructions to the others.

Is Martian Man hunter the only one who has any kind of Hax?

Green Lantern can produce energy shields and beams but I don't know how powerful they would be compared to say Android 17.
It depends on the Green Lantern being used. Though I don't think he would be allowed to participate, since the ring is a weapon, it's literally catchphrased as "the most powerful weapon the universe", good luck bending the rules to accept that.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:31 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) Providing my interpretation of how the Justice League would get slaughtered in the Tournament of Power in both canon and non-canon scenarios.
The topic is on the Justice League and how their involvement would be effected in the Tournament of Power , not on whatever fanfiction you're cooking up. Stay on topic.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:02 am

Kanassa wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) Providing my interpretation of how the Justice League would get slaughtered in the Tournament of Power in both canon and non-canon scenarios.
The topic is on the Justice League and how their involvement would be effected in the Tournament of Power , not on whatever fanfiction you're cooking up. Stay on topic.
I have known from the very start about Bullza's questions, Kanassa. Which I have answered, but only after mentioning what I would have done if given the opportunity. My interpretation is also not a fanfiction, as I have not really introduced anything or anyone outside of the metaseries of Dragon Ball. My previous posts have also swayed out of topic by only a slight amount.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:41 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Someone with identical powers to the Flash was killed by a normal old man with a knife, he is not an unstoppable force.
And Super Saiyan Blue Goku can be killed with a ring laser that's only strong enough to break rocks, so Aquaman can easily kick his ass

Context matters.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Kanassa wrote:Maybe Batman would have a chance if he got Dr Gero or Bulma to make him a battle suit...
Batman already has a bunch of battle suits. He even has one that was made with the help of the justice league, forged in the sun, nano machine cape that can shape shift, fly, energy blast, enhance strength, speed, and durability. He beat Kalibak with it and took some hits from Darkseid. It does take a toll on him though so maybe they could help with that, infinite energy would help.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:21 pm

dario03 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Maybe Batman would have a chance if he got Dr Gero or Bulma to make him a battle suit...
Batman already has a bunch of battle suits. He even has one that was made with the help of the justice league, forged in the sun, nano machine cape that can shape shift, fly, energy blast, enhance strength, speed, and durability. He beat Kalibak with it and took some hits from Darkseid. It does take a toll on him though so maybe they could help with that, infinite energy would help.
Guys, unless he cybernically augmented himself, no high-tech battle-suits would be allowed.

The only other feasible way I could possibly see Batman and the normal humans of the league participating, was if they took some super drug directly before the tournament(like the one in injustice), though that might be in conflict with potential performance enhancing rules(if such rules exist).

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:33 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:
Guys, unless he cybernically augmented himself, no high-tech battle-suits would be allowed.

The only other feasible way I could possibly see Batman and the normal humans of the league participating, was if they took some super drug directly before the tournament(like the one in injustice), though that might be in conflict with potential performance enhancing rules(if such rules exist).
Batman won't be able to contribute directly, but if Martian Manhunter can create a psychic link a la Young Justice, then Batman can contribute strategies to the relevant characters instantly

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:49 am

JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:

Yeah I know, just saying if for some reason he was allowed to use a suit he already has powerful ones. (like how some have talked about GL even though that's definitely a weapon).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:24 am

Yeah you can't include any special Batsuits for Batman nor can you include Green Lanterns ring, Wonder Woman's sword or lasso, Aquaman's Trident or Hawkgirl's Mace.

So of the 10, Batman, Green Arrow and Green Lantern couldn't really do much but offer strategic advice.

I don't know powerful Cyborg is compared to the Universe 7 Androids nor do I know how powerful Hawkgirl is supposed to be.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm

They would be disqualified because there are only 7 of them.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147