How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:51 am

Let's say the Justice League were summoned to this Tournament of Power in place of say Universe 2. The members being

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green lantern, Aqua man, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow and Hawkgirl.

All of them as they are sorta currently I suppose. How do they fare?

They'd have to have a severe advantage when it comes to intelligence, team work and experience. Would they have a power advantage? Would Batman and Green Arrow just be helpless or could they overcome stronger fighters with tactics?

Obviously the weapon rule would still apply though, that'd effect Batman and Green Arrow severly. Cyborg would be alright as his weapons are a part of him. Don't know if Green Lantern's ring would count though. Flight is also out of the question and most of these can fly.

Could they overcome people like Jiren, Goku, Toppo, Vegeta, Hit and Frieza etc to actually win it all? Would they come close to winning but fall short or would they just get stomped?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:37 am

Batman, Aquaman, Cyborg and Green Arrow would be screwed

Hit or Jiren would kick Flash's ass

Green Lantern has a good chance as his unique ability would wor well with the tournament rules.... Unless the Lantern ring counts as a weapon and thus he would be left powerless.

I know nothing about Martian Manhunter aside from him being a telepath that can go through walls.

Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl would do well, but get overwhelmed

And in this situation, wouldn't Superman be powerless? Like, doesn't his powers come from the fact that he's a kryptonian in Earth's atmosphere?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:27 am

Martian Manhunter has a big weakness when it comes to fire, Magetta would probably be a nightmare for him.

Would Hit's Time Skip actually work on The Flash? That's a good question.

Superman gets his power from the sun. There's a sun present in the Tournament of Power so he should be fine.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 am

Superman's recently been retconned into having his entire Post-Crisis continuity back along with bits and pieces of N52 and Pre-Crisis, meaning he's fairly close to the version Screw Attack used in the second Death Battle against Superman. That alone means everyone except the most powerful there like Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit and Toppo don't stand a snow balls chance in hell of lasting more than five adjacent seconds against him. Especially since Superman wouldn't dick around and has more then enough experience knocking people out who're far weaker then him.

MM would suffer problems from Magetta but otherwise, his telepathic abilities and intangibility would make him really tough for anyone to beat. Flash could probably murder everyone there if he went all out, the Speed Force is ridiculously OP.

The rest of the League don't last long but I could see several people getting disqualified for accidentally killing the likes of GA and Batman.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Superman's recently been retconned into having his entire Post-Crisis continuity back along with bits and pieces of N52 and Pre-Crisis, meaning he's fairly close to the version Screw Attack used in the second Death Battle against Superman. That alone means everyone except the most powerful there like Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit and Toppo don't stand a snow balls chance in hell of lasting more than five adjacent seconds against him. Especially since Superman wouldn't dick around and has more then enough experience knocking people out who're far weaker then him.

MM would suffer problems from Magetta but otherwise, his telepathic abilities and intangibility would make him really tough for anyone to beat. Flash could probably murder everyone there if he went all out, the Speed Force is ridiculously OP.

The rest of the League don't last long but I could see several people getting disqualified for accidentally killing the likes of GA and Batman.
"Hey, batman, we can win faster if we use you as meat shields! The'll be too afraid of accidentally killing you (Because you're so weak) to fight back!"

"And if they do kill me?"

"Oh com on, we're super heroes. We've all died before. You'll e back next week for coffee"

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Superman's recently been retconned into having his entire Post-Crisis continuity back along with bits and pieces of N52 and Pre-Crisis, meaning he's fairly close to the version Screw Attack used in the second Death Battle against Superman. That alone means everyone except the most powerful there like Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit and Toppo don't stand a snow balls chance in hell of lasting more than five adjacent seconds against him. Especially since Superman wouldn't dick around and has more then enough experience knocking people out who're far weaker then him.

I wonder if they are going to change everybody like they did Superman...If so that could give a pretty big power jump to all of them. Like MM could go back to only being affected by magic and pyrokinetic fire.
But as is, him and Flash and Superman could do a lot. I would think GL's ring wouldn't be allowed but if it was maybe he could protect GA and Batman. Then again the tourney did have prep time, and we all know what Batman can do with prep time :lol:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Bullza wrote:Let's say the Justice League were summoned to this Tournament of Power in place of say Universe 2. The members being

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green lantern, Aqua man, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow and Hawkgirl.

They'd have to have a severe advantage when it comes to intelligence, team work and experience. Would they have a power advantage? Would Batman and Green Arrow just be helpless or could they overcome stronger fighters with tactics?

Obviously the weapon rule would still apply though, that'd effect Batman and Green Arrow severly. Cyborg would be alright as his weapons are a part of him. Don't know if Green Lantern's ring would count though. Flight is also out of the question and most of these can fly.

Could they overcome people like Jiren, Goku, Toppo, Vegeta, Hit and Frieza etc to actually win it all? Would they come close to winning but fall short or would they just get stomped?
The real question would be if they could challenge their limits against even the likes of the Universe 9 Fighters?
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Then I suppose I would have competed in this hypothetical Tournament of Power myself,
UH, why? Nothing about this topic has anything to do with you personally.

Kanassa wrote:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Bullza wrote:Let's say the Justice League were summoned to this Tournament of Power in place of say Universe 2. The members being

Then I suppose I would have competed in this hypothetical Tournament of Power myself, but I would have needed for Goku to read my mind first and then with permission from Piccolo, use the powerful Black Star Dragon Balls to wish for myself to have reincarnated as Trunks from Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout before then asking Goku, Piccolo, and Future Videl, who I would have saved from dying by using the Black Star Dragon Balls upon collecting them just before they would have scattered across the Universe, to help in mentoring me in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for the nearly two years given by the Grand Priest Soju wanting those competing in the Tournament of Power to be ready within 40 hours, after which I had caught the Black Star Dragon Balls again to return them to the Lookout. With myself promising Goku, Piccolo, and Future Videl to help them save both of their timelines from destruction.

The four of us would improve dramatically. Far more than most of the Pride Troopers could handle. As Son Goku had read my mind, he would have achieved enough control over Super Saiyan Blue to ascend beyond the form, either obtaining the Super Saiyan Blue 2 and Super Saiyan Blue 3 forms or in simply mastering to perfection his Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken. As Piccolo would have Goku, Trunks, and Future Videl as three powerful sparring partners, he would have become stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan from the Universe Survival Saga, especially since Goku and I would help him in truly cleansing his psyche from King Piccolo's influence, which had been responsible for Piccolo not improving as much as he should have. As I would have been reborn with access to the Great Ape and Super Saiyan forms from my rebirth, I would have worked my ass off to impress Goku, Piccolo, and Future Videl by catching up to them in only hours, before gaining complete control over my ability to become a Great Ape, Super Saiyan, Golden Great Ape, and finally Super Saiyan 4, but I would have strived to perfectly master my four forms, so as to gain the abilities to transform into my Great Ape form at will, evolve my Super Trunks form into Super Saiyan Blue, be able to make my Golden Great Ape form just powerful enough to manipulate any form of heat and energy, and keep the durability and damage tolerance of my Super Saiyan 4 form even when I am not in the actual form itself. As Future Videl would start off slightly weaker than Master Roshi, she would have applied herself to the same training regiment as I would take under Goku and Mr. Piccolo.

However, after the first year in the Room of Spirit and Time, she would have been, by far, the strongest out of all the Earthlings, having surpassed by leaps and bounds, even the Human and Cyborg members of the same Z Fighters Goku had recruited before entering the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. With her current power being equal to the Full Power Super Saiyan forms of Goku and myself upon completing the many months left before the beginning of the Tournament of Power. Before having rose to slightly surpass Super Saiyan Blue Goku, Piccolo without Weighed Clothing, and me as a Super Saiyan 4, once the Tournament of Power would commence. Then as soon as Goku, Piccolo, I, and Future Videl had left the Room of Spirit and Time, both Vegeta and Gohan would have been replaced by me and Future Videl, considering Vegeta would have been busy taking care of Bulma and the Shadow of the real Gohan would have been slacking off like usual. Xeno Bardock would have been recruited to replace Mr. Buu after having been saved by me and my Instant Transmission. But the former Time Breaker would had murdered Frieza's Soul in cold blood before filling in for Good Buu. The full team of Universe 7's strongest warriors would then arrive and also participate in the Tournament of Power. Meanwhile, a favor I would have asked from both the Present Zeno and Future Zeno would be completed with the annihilation of the Universe I came from, which I would have asked for upon meeting everyone following Goku fighting Toppo.

Now with both the Omni-Kings having destroyed an entire timeline, the Grand Priest would have personally began this variation of the Tournament of Power.

1) Because of all the Z Warriors going after them for a much needed savage beatdown, the Justice League and the DC Multiverse would have took the place of the infamous Universe 9 in being the first to be erased from existence. By the hands of the two Omni-Kings.

2) If they had competed in the original Tournament of Power, then Frieza and Frost would have bonded by torturing the Justice League for over thirty minutes.

3) Green Arrow and Batman would have needed stretchers after receiving several Death Beams and Chaos Beams to their whole bodies by Frieza and then Frost.

4) Everyone making up the Justice League would feel like how Vegeta did against Final Form Frieza while they are put through the very same torturous methods.

5) More like being punctured through the very heart and slowly die a horrible death from severe blood loss.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Kale would go through Superman's heat vision, scream "CLARK! CLAAAARRRK!!!!", smash him into the ground and then say "puny journalist".
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Then I suppose I would have competed in this hypothetical Tournament of Power myself,
1) I have a bone to pick with all of those killed by the two Omni-Kings in my variation of the Tournament of Power.

2) This has everything to do with me. For murdering those I have hatred for would be a dream come true.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Cetra wrote:Kale would go through Superman's heat vision, scream "CLARK! CLAAAARRRK!!!!", smash him into the ground and then say "puny journalist".
Let`s hope none of the fighters know anybody called Martha...

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
1) I have a bone to pick with all of those killed by the two Omni-Kings in my variation of the Tournament of Power.

2) This has everything to do with me. For murdering those I have hatred for would be a dream come true.
So, nothing then? Just off-topic bullshit? Cool.

Kanassa wrote:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 pm

I know people like Aquaman and Hawkgirl are powerful but not to what extent. Do they even have super speed?

Would Lavenders poison work on Superman and Wonder Woman?

Do any of them have the martial arts skills to actually stand up to these people or would they mostly have to rely on sheer strength.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:18 am

Maybe Batman would have a chance if he got Dr Gero or Bulma to make him a battle suit...

Kanassa wrote:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:06 am

Unless Jiren can lift infinity, he has no chance against Superman.
Batman wouldn't get far even with his tech, which isn't allowed. Green Arrow and Hawkgirl are on the same level
Wonder Woman may be able to give as good as she can get in the tournament, she'd go far, but I'd wonder about the characters faster than her. Same with Aquaman and Cyborg
The Flash like Superman would take everyone down. He's fast enough to warp reality. The best Hit can do is travel a portion of a second into time.
Green Lantern Ring is fueled by Willpower. Depends on where that willpower is in relation to an opponent's chi.
Manhunter is Superman but can also shapeshift, increase/reduce density, and phasing, abilities none of the other fighters can do.

So in conclusion
Batman, Green Arrow and Hawkgirl shouldn't compete
Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg have the power to compete, but can only go so far
Superman, Flash, and Manhunter will take down all comers.
Green Lantern can be anywhere on the spectrum.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:32 am

They'd clean house. Flash could ring out pretty much everyone before any of them have a chance to react.

Even if he couldn't, Martian Manhunter could mindwhammy them into just walking off.

The biggest hurdle would be that the Justice League don't want to get the other universes erased

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:51 am

All of these series are sufficiently inconsistent that anyone could beat anyone with obvious exceptions (e.g. Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, and Hawkgirl can't do jack). It would depend on the whims of whoever's writing this story.
Bullza wrote:I know people like Aquaman and Hawkgirl are powerful but not to what extent. Do they even have super speed?

Would Lavenders poison work on Superman and Wonder Woman?

Do any of them have the martial arts skills to actually stand up to these people or would they mostly have to rely on sheer strength.
Aquaman is ludicrously inconsistent. Sometimes he can trade blows with Superman and lift a continent, other times he can't. But at the end of his day his main rival is still just a guy in a glorified wet suit with a laser beam guns. This extends to a lot of characters. Such as how Wonder Woman will sometimes be depicted as strong and fast enough to trade blows with Clark "fly to the sun and back in seconds, shrug off a supernvoa to the face" Kent, but also slow and weak enough that guys with guns are a threat to her. Or how the Flash will sometimes be depicted as thousands of times faster than light and strong enough to punch out Superman, but then five minutes later be seriously challenged by a guy with a flamethrower and a guy with boomerangs, or outright defeated by a guy whose power is "I have a gun that shoots bullets." To an extent that inconsistency is inherent to their powers, like how guys with power armor and exposed faces like Cyborg and Luthor don't have their brains instantly turned to jelly by the acceleration of supposedly fighting at relativistic speeds.

Films, shows, games, and various non-comic media tend to go for the low end interpretations of these characters btw, for a plethora of reasons.
ekrolo2 wrote: MM would suffer problems from Magetta but otherwise, his telepathic abilities and intangibility would make him really tough for anyone to beat. Flash could probably murder everyone there if he went all out, the Speed Force is ridiculously OP.
Flash got stomped into the dirt by Professor Zoom, who was then killed by a normal man with a sword.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:49 am

Well Superman could be possibly be stronger than them all, that's not a given in any way considering I doubt he can throw a punch with enough force to threaten a universe but physical strength alone might not necessarily be enough for him to win.

Flash is very quick but I don't know how the others really compare but if they have anything like the speed that Beerus displayed in Episode 2 then it might not be as vast as you might think.

And again I don't know if it would work against Hit or not. If Hit is more powerful than Flash then could stop him couldn't he?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:22 am

If following tournament rules, a lot of the characters would be nerfed.

GL would be completely screwd, since the Green Lantern ring is weapon, one of GL's famous motto's is how he possesses the "most powerful weapon in the universe", so there's that.

So Batman, since he would have to go ordinary fisticuffs with guys who can at least destroy planets. Green Arrow would also be useless since he actually can't use his Bow or any trick arrows.

Aqua-man, Wonder-Woman and Hawk-Girl would all be weaponless, meaning that they would need to actually be creative to take out their opponents(I think WW would still be extremely dangerous though, even without any of her arsenal).

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter(who is insanely OP) and Cyborg to a lesser extent would probably be the major players for the Justice League. If they were to win or not, would be determined by these 5(the rest or just completely out of their element).

Could they win? Maybe. Depends on who the writer wants to suck off. :lolno: