How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: How would the Justice League fare in the Tournament of Power?

Post by dario03 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
dario03 wrote:
Not really. The league has skill and also plenty of experience, including experience fighting people with those types of abilities.

Also they made it sound like a big deal that Dyspo was faster then light and sound. So bit confusing there and a point for lowballing others.
Dyspo was also predictable because he moved in a straight line when using his super speed. The Flash learned not to do that a long time ago (in most continuities at least).
I still think someone like Hit could take out the Flash pretty simply. The only reason Dyspo was a threat was because he could predict the exact moment in which to attack(not to mention the fact he was already really strong and durable, while the Flash is more like a glass canon), I don't think the Flash has the ability to do that, and against someone who can basically stop time and can make themselves intangible, I don't see the Flash being able to overcome that kind of powerset.

The main advantage of the Justice League would be teamwork(they would probably all stay in a group), and the diversity of different abilities. If they each gunned on to fight on there own however, they wouldn't be that hard to take out.
Well like I said he has fought time manipulators before (and has time travelled himself), and he can phase (though with a different method). Also I don't think Hit totally stops time, couple of things make it seem different. But it would also come down to just how fast they are. Like I said that episode gives us a statement that can be used to lowball DB since they make it sound like a big deal that Dyspo can move faster than light, if you highball flash he is trillions of times or even unmeasurably fast. Of course then you get into the whole well this statement and that statement make it so this guy is really only this and this guy is actually that so....could really just go any way.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Dyspo was also predictable because he moved in a straight line when using his super speed. The Flash learned not to do that a long time ago (in most continuities at least).
I still think someone like Hit could take out the Flash pretty simply. The only reason Dyspo was a threat was because he could predict the exact moment in which to attack(not to mention the fact he was already really strong and durable, while the Flash is more like a glass canon), I don't think the Flash has the ability to do that, and against someone who can basically stop time and can make themselves intangible, I don't see the Flash being able to overcome that kind of powerset.

The main advantage of the Justice League would be teamwork(they would probably all stay in a group), and the diversity of different abilities. If they each gunned on to fight on there own however, they wouldn't be that hard to take out.
Well like I said he has fought time manipulators before (and has time travelled himself), and he can phase (though with a different method). Also I don't think Hit totally stops time, couple of things make it seem different. But it would also come down to just how fast they are. Like I said that episode gives us a statement that can be used to lowball DB since they make it sound like a big deal that Dyspo can move faster than light, if you highball flash he is trillions of times or even unmeasurably fast. Of course then you get into the whole well this statement and that statement make it so this guy is really only this and this guy is actually that so....could really just go any way.
The question of whether Hit can beat Flash can be paraphrased to can the Flash defeat a time-stopping Superman.
Also, going off the most recent continuity, the speed of light in DC is at the very least inconsistent(with Wally West going into the speed force after travelling 7000 miles in 6 and quarter seconds, he was the fastest Flash in the current Rebirth continuity and he performed this feat at his peak). In the tournament of power, characters like the Flash who would probably get knocked out due to being caught off-guard by an opponent. I mean, if someone with B class strength and speed like Mammoth can knock out the Flash easily, then someone that is basically time-stopping Superman should be more than capable of knocking him out of the ring. I really don't think it's that hard to comprehend.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I still think someone like Hit could take out the Flash pretty simply. The only reason Dyspo was a threat was because he could predict the exact moment in which to attack(not to mention the fact he was already really strong and durable, while the Flash is more like a glass canon), I don't think the Flash has the ability to do that, and against someone who can basically stop time and can make themselves intangible, I don't see the Flash being able to overcome that kind of powerset.

The question of whether Hit can beat Flash can be paraphrased to can the Flash defeat a time-stopping Superman.
Also, going off the most recent continuity, the speed of light in DC is at the very least inconsistent(with Wally West going into the speed force after travelling 7000 miles in 6 and quarter seconds, he was the fastest Flash in the current Rebirth continuity and he performed this feat at his peak). In the tournament of power, characters like the Flash who would probably get knocked out due to being caught off-guard by an opponent. I mean, if someone with B class strength and speed like Mammoth can knock out the Flash easily, then someone that is basically time-stopping Superman should be more than capable of knocking him out of the ring. I really don't think it's that hard to comprehend.
Well sure, if you use the lower-end showings... but that's true of anything.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:45 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I still think someone like Hit could take out the Flash pretty simply. The only reason Dyspo was a threat was because he could predict the exact moment in which to attack(not to mention the fact he was already really strong and durable, while the Flash is more like a glass canon), I don't think the Flash has the ability to do that, and against someone who can basically stop time and can make themselves intangible, I don't see the Flash being able to overcome that kind of powerset.

Its also not very hard to comprehend that characters have different showings and vary greatly in feats depending on what you look at. Hence the whole last part of my earlier post. Don't think anybody would think CW's Flash would do much (well unless we get into some time travel stuff) but comic Flash back when he could evacuate entire cities in some absurdly small fraction of a second and outrun teleportation is a different story.

And speaking of CW's Flash time travelling, he did that and has been to the speed force by running at low mach speeds. They never said anything about him hitting light speeds when doing either of those feats, so in that version he just does that as part of his power, it had nothing to do with light speed. I haven't read the comics that you are talking about with the 7000 miles in 6.25 seconds but are you sure its not the same thing happening there?
But even if it isn't that wouldn't change the examples I used. The Trillions of times light speed thing isn't stated, its just the minimum speed he would need to do the city evacuation feat.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:47 pm

dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:
Its also not very hard to comprehend that characters have different showings and vary greatly in feats depending on what you look at. Hence the whole last part of my earlier post. Don't think anybody would think CW's Flash would do much (well unless we get into some time travel stuff) but comic Flash back when he could evacuate entire cities in some absurdly small fraction of a second and outrun teleportation is a different story.
To be fair there are many different Flashes and versions of the same character in the comics.

Some are insanely beyond the others.

You might as well put Dragonball kid Goku against SSJB Kaio-ken x10 Goku as compare some of them.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The question of whether Hit can beat Flash can be paraphrased to can the Flash defeat a time-stopping Superman.
To be fair there are many different Flashes and versions of the same character in the comics.

Some are insanely beyond the others.

You might as well put Dragonball kid Goku against SSJB Kaio-ken x10 Goku as compare some of them.
Well yeah, that's a big part of what I'm saying.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 am

dario03 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
dario03 wrote:

And speaking of CW's Flash time travelling, he did that and has been to the speed force by running at low mach speeds. They never said anything about him hitting light speeds when doing either of those feats, so in that version he just does that as part of his power, it had nothing to do with light speed. I haven't read the comics that you are talking about with the 7000 miles in 6.25 seconds but are you sure its not the same thing happening there?
But even if it isn't that wouldn't change the examples I used. The Trillions of times light speed thing isn't stated, its just the minimum speed he would need to do the city evacuation feat.
The comic I mention literally has the main Villain stating his enchanting time and light to keep up with Wally, so yes. I'm using Rebirth since it's the most recent continuity and in they make it pretty clear that a speedster travelling too much faster than light will get them trapped into the speed-force.

I'd like to re-iterate that I don't think the Justice League couldn't win, I'm just pointing out that they would be up against other warriors which are more than capable of defeating them.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am

JazzMazz wrote:they make it pretty clear that a speedster travelling too much faster than light will get them trapped into the speed-force.
They've actually been quite a bit inconsistent about that ever since the concept was introduced. There have been stories where going faster than light was considered super dangerous, and others where it's a casual, everyday thing. At one point they tried to say that if a speedster has an emotional "lightning rod" to keep them rooted to the current world (i.e. a loved one they can focus on) then they can go as fast as they want without any risk of being absorbed by the speedforce. Knowing DC and its retcons though, this concept was not applied consistently at all.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:they make it pretty clear that a speedster travelling too much faster than light will get them trapped into the speed-force.
They've actually been quite a bit inconsistent about that ever since the concept was introduced. There have been stories where going faster than light was considered super dangerous, and others where it's a casual, everyday thing. At one point they tried to say that if a speedster has an emotional "lightning rod" to keep them rooted to the current world (i.e. a loved one they can focus on) then they can go as fast as they want without any risk of being absorbed by the speedforce. Knowing DC and its retcons though, this concept was not applied consistently at all.
I think the general thing we can get out of this discussion is both comics and Super are inconsistent as all balls, and whoever were to win in this situation, would win because they written to win.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 pm

When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:14 am

Martian Manhunter is actually stupidly strong in the comics, but in that show his actual trash tier.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:18 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Martian Manhunter is actually stupidly strong in the comics, but in that show his actual trash tier.
Yeah, he's stupidly strong, but in both comics and the shows he jobs so much that he looks down right incompetent.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:15 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
I think the general thing we can get out of this discussion is both comics and Super are inconsistent as all balls, and whoever were to win in this situation, would win because they written to win.
Such can be said for most of these hypothetical crossovers.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Don't forget, stopping Time isn't Hits only ability. The Time Storage is pretty hard to get around as well, makes him completely intangible.

Then he has Invisible Ki blasts which would be advantageous considering the Justice League can't sense Ki. Though maybe they could hear or feel the air move around so they could still dodge it that's way but maybe not all.

Never mind the Flash. What could Aquaman do against Hit? With no Trident, no Water or no Fish to use.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Bullza wrote:Never mind the Flash. What could Aquaman do against Hit? With no Trident, no Water or no Fish to use.
It depends if Hit's species evolved from aquatic ancestors or not. If they did, he can do quite a lot.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Bullza wrote:Don't forget, stopping Time isn't Hits only ability. The Time Storage is pretty hard to get around as well, makes him completely intangible.

Then he has Invisible Ki blasts which would be advantageous considering the Justice League can't sense Ki. Though maybe they could hear or feel the air move around so they could still dodge it that's way but maybe not all.

Never mind the Flash. What could Aquaman do against Hit? With no Trident, no Water or no Fish to use.
Aquaman is super strong.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Aquaman is super strong.
He is but physical strength alone doesn't mean too much in Dragon Ball. Is he fast enough to even hit him? Is he skilled enough to hit a master level martial artist? Could he figure out how to get around the Time Skip/Storage? Does he have a means of hitting people from a range?

Vegeta is super strong but he still got beat down like a punk.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Bullza wrote:
He is but physical strength alone doesn't mean too much in Dragon Ball. Is he fast enough to even hit him? Is he skilled enough to hit a master level martial artist? Could he figure out how to get around the Time Skip/Storage? Does he have a means of hitting people from a range?

Maybe not. He can do hypersonic leaps at Mach 10, but Hit could likely dodge him. He has trained with the Atleantean army, so yeah, you could say that he's skilled enough. He once had a magical hand that allowed him to shoot jets of either scalding or freezing water.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:51 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:

Maybe not. He can do hypersonic leaps at Mach 10, but Hit could likely dodge him. He has trained with the Atleantean army, so yeah, you could say that he's skilled enough. He once had a magical hand that allowed him to shoot jets of either scalding or freezing water.
None of that stuff will really matter against the stronger fighters. His real ace is his telepathy.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... 004_10.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... 004_11.jpg

Of course like I said it only works on creatures that evolved from aquatic ancestors.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:

None of that stuff will really matter against the stronger fighters. His real ace is his telepathy.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... 004_10.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... 004_11.jpg

Of course like I said it only works on creatures that evolved from aquatic ancestors.
I guess it's safe to say that even his telepathic powers won't work on Hit, unless Hit has aquatic ancestors.