Rise of Black [Movie/Manga/Style Future Trunks Arc]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Rise of Black [Movie/Manga/Style Future Trunks Arc]

Post by thegamer23 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Good evening everyone. :D :D

I just released the first clip of a my Movie Cut of the Goku Black/Future Trunks Arc, called "Rise of Black".

I wanted to give a more cinematographic feel to it: various scenes have different montage/cut vastly different cut, different sound effects, some different OST's, more dramatic feel to it & some entire different scenes will come later in the project.
At the same time i'm trying to stay as much close as possible to the manga. So you won't see Goku vs Zamasu (but you'll see Zamasu knowing Goku after seeing Gowasu watching GodTube) or Goku vs Black on Earth. Plus, i'm getting rid of some back & forth time travels by Goku & Co, plus working on brand new scenes. (one regarding Trunks Flashback of the fight against Dabura, one regarding Goku Black stabbing Gowasu).

Also i'll try to have Goku Black turning SSJ before going Rosè.

Lot of work to do, little time to work on it, so lot of time will be needed in order to have a decent result.
But for the moment here it is the very first 10 minutes! :D

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9djEBD1Kuo

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Rise of Black [Movie/Manga/Style Future Trunks Arc]

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Not a big fan of the filter, but I like the idea and how it has turned out so far. I think cutting Goku vs Zamasu takes a lot out of the story, but it's your decision.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Quick question, are you going to try to add the Zamasu vs Kibito fight from the manga?
Caulifla best girl! :)

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Quick question, are you going to try to add the Zamasu vs Kibito fight from the manga?
We never saw Kibito fighting previously, so that kind of thing would be pretty much impossible for me to re-create as i'm not an animator.
But i'm trying doing something about the Trunks Flashback, with some proper fighting scenes against Kaio Shin & Trunks!

Regarding the removal of Goku vs Zamasu on his planet. I have to think about the implications for the rest of the movie, so not decided yet!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Not a fan of the filter, I would prefer it if you removed it. I get why you want to cut Goku vs Zamasu but you could still keep Goku vs Black in the present as it's a great fight and it doesn't cause any paradox without Goku vs Zamasu.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:18 pm

emperior wrote:Not a fan of the filter, I would prefer it if you removed it. I get why you want to cut Goku vs Zamasu but you could still keep Goku vs Black in the present as it's a great fight and it doesn't cause any paradox without Goku vs Zamasu.
I could mantain the Goku vs Black fight on Earth, while showing Zamasu knowing about Goku on GodTube.

But than Goku wouldn't know who Zamasu is when he appears in a ray of light at the end of Episode 56. Yeah, it's difficult :lol:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm

thegamer23 wrote:
emperior wrote:Not a fan of the filter, I would prefer it if you removed it. I get why you want to cut Goku vs Zamasu but you could still keep Goku vs Black in the present as it's a great fight and it doesn't cause any paradox without Goku vs Zamasu.
I could mantain the Goku vs Black fight on Earth, while showing Zamasu knowing about Goku on GodTube.

But than Goku wouldn't know who Zamasu is when he appears in a ray of light at the end of Episode 56. Yeah, it's difficult :lol:
Yeah it makes Zamasu's appearance meaningless as the characters and the audience already know who he is. I would keep both Goku vs Black and Goku vs Zamasu but cut some thing here and there to make them faster.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:39 pm

You can keep Goku vs Zamasu as a thing, just don't show the same fight later when Black explains his backstory.

The problem in the anime isn't that Zamasu and Goku fight, it's that the fight is the exact same in both timelines when in one of them, Goku has no reason to seek Zamasu out without Trunks there to start the investigation.

Have the fight happen in the main timeline but don't show it in the later info dump and you've more or less dodged the paradox bullet.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks for the advices, i'll see what to do.

In the meantime, i had to split the first video in two clips. It was too long & Toei took it down.

Clip 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xN5FwuvCQ

Clip 2 coming tomorrow

I did some tweaks on it as well.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 am

Clip 2 was removed by Toei. Basically it was about Trunks & Future Bulma, and her death, where i added some stuff. A shame

But that's the Clip 3: To the past!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKSWc1I3ZQ

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Had to remove the videos, two takedown strikes in a week is enough :D
I'm going to upload the finished product (or splitted in 20 minutes parts) somewhere else. Any ideas?

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 am

DailyMotion. I hope you'll upload it in full quality somewhere (maybe Mega?) without subs impressed in the video.