Mr. Popo Pixel Art W.I.P. (looking for input!)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Mr. Popo Pixel Art W.I.P. (looking for input!)

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:16 am

I've been working on this a little bit and I had gotten it to a point that I was comfortable posting it on DeviantArt. I have plans for it as well (see below).

And here's what I plan to do. This is basically just a copy/paste from the image page:
CheddarSword wrote:This what I have done so far. If it looks a little odd/familiar, there's a reason for that. I'm using Mayor Scuttlebutt's sprite from Shantae: Risky's Revenge as the base. I intend to make this a full body image in the end, and I plan to remove the collar from the vest, change it from blue to red, add gold outlines and lengthen it.

Also, I noticed that in the anime, Popo's body isn't "shaded". Rather, it has grey light reflections. I've already started to add that (look at his ear).

Not sure if i should alter the shading on the clothes though. Anytime you see Popo in the anime, he has little to no shading on his clothes either. I'm going to look at that a bit more. Also, i'm very much considering changing the color of "white" areas too, as they're beige when they should indeed be white.

The blue gem on the turban is actually unchanged from the base sprite. Scuttlebutt had the same thing as Popo there. He had a red feather coming from it though, which i removed.