Spoiler titles and thumbnails: Which Youtubers?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Spoiler titles and thumbnails: Which Youtubers?

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Oh and PS, the reason why myself and MANY OTHER Youtubers give you a spoiler warning IN THE VIDEO as well as in the title, is because people will STILL complain about spoilers despite it being in the title.

This isn't a Dragon Ball exclusive thing - VARIOUS Star Wars and Movie content creators deal with the same thing.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Oh and PS, the reason why myself and MANY OTHER Youtubers give you a spoiler warning IN THE VIDEO as well as in the title, is because people will STILL complain about spoilers despite it being in the title.

This isn't a Dragon Ball exclusive thing - VARIOUS Star Wars and Movie content creators deal with the same thing.
There are really common in super hero movies,is simple if you want to avoid spoiler,don't spell nothing related to it,I haven't watch spider man homecoming or wonder woman yet I didn't see a single spoiler
Mostly active on discord.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:50 pm

The gr wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Oh and PS, the reason why myself and MANY OTHER Youtubers give you a spoiler warning IN THE VIDEO as well as in the title, is because people will STILL complain about spoilers despite it being in the title.

There are really common in super hero movies,is simple if you want to avoid spoiler,don't spell nothing related to it,I haven't watch spider man homecoming or wonder woman yet I didn't see a single spoiler
THANK YOU! I haven't seen a single episode of Game of Thrones and ONLY Season 1 of Walking Dead AND Breaking Bad and somehow I'm able to avoid the spoilers. People should take personal responsibility sometimes.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:06 pm

I feel it should be relatively easy to avoid spoilers. I can't speak on personal experience since I've never cared about being spoiled, but there are people on this very forum, a forum that is filled to the brim with Spoilers, who keep up with Super and still manage to avoid spoilers.

Youtubers should avoid having spoiled images in their thumbnails, but if you want to take extra measures on not getting spoiled then you're probably going to have to remove yourself from anything related to reviews, or the like. It may cut you off from the content you want to support but I don't know a single person who talks about dragonball on Youtube who doesn't discuss the spoilers. Even if they didn't they're vids may pop a spoiler in your recommended videos.

It's probably best just to unfollow, unsubsribe from all of it if that's what one is looking for. I know friends who avoided their social medias for sometimes an entire week so they wouldn't be spoiled for Starwars or game of thrones or whatever it was they wanted to see. The difference is of course that you're probably going to do that for much longer than a week. Like, forever. Or just get really good at ignoring certain videos.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:17 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:I [...] knew it would de-evolve into this. There's no real respectable "discussion" here, at least not without insults being flung.
If you knew it was going to come to "this" and that there would be insults flung, why exactly did you bother coming in and posting? :think: No offense, of course, and I don't mean any hostility by this, but it's not like there's someone forcing you to come in and post in every YouTube thread on the board.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I [...] knew it would de-evolve into this. There's no real respectable "discussion" here, at least not without insults being flung.
If you knew it was going to come to "this" and that there would be insults flung, why exactly did you bother coming in and posting? :think: No offense, of course, and I don't mean any hostility by this, but it's not like there's someone forcing you to come in and post in every YouTube thread on the board.
You're absolutely right. In fact I've been advised by several people to not even bother to post here anymore, including people who have posted here since the early 2000s and don't anymore because of it. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment - who knows!?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:06 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
To insult the site? *Shrugs*
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:53 am

Geekdom101 wrote:You're absolutely right. In fact I've been advised by several people to not even bother to post here anymore, including people who have posted here since the early 2000s and don't anymore because of it. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment - who knows!?
(Took a cursory glance through the other thread, which I initially wasn't considering in my responses here, but am adding now.)

If you aren't interested in this audience — as in not wanting their viewership and not valuing their opinions in the first place — and if you additionally don't feel the need to respond to their questions and criticisms (regardless of how they phrase these opinions), then I again question the motivation and intent behind your continued reading and responding.

Look, two wrongs don't make a right. If you feel that someone's post does not live up to the spirit of our community guidelines, report it. There WERE reports and there WAS moderation intervention in the previous thread (dare I say) "on many sides". Quite frankly, you didn't make a good showing in the previous thread, you aren't making a good showing of yourself here, and you're consistently not giving anyone a good reason to take what little points you make as honest and sincere and comprehensive.

We know we don't change opinions and inform through defensive combativeness. Kill with kindness. Answer the questions with grace and humility. Maybe you'll change one mind. Maybe you won't. At least you'll have tried.

If you don't want this audience, that's fine. However, when you're thrust into a position of authority and social-omnipresence in the extended community, consider how you conduct yourself when you flail said position back in their face. As someone who's been doing this for coming on 20 years and made a lot of mistakes as a kid, I can tell you from personal experience that people gain reputations based on an iota of truth, which can take a lot to overcome. It seems some of these folks have already made up their mind. Maybe you lost them, but again, maybe you haven't. I guess it's up to you to decide if you want them.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:18 am

I'm not subscribed to any Dragon Ball Youtubers besides Ajay, MistareFusion and TeamFourStar (all of which take a long time to post any video) and yet I'm still bombarded by videos of the "big" Youtubers on my recommended page simply because I've searched for Dragon Ball clips/OST in the past. This happens despite the fact that I never search for or click on the videos by these Youtubers. And yes, most of the thumbnails and titles are full of spoilers. If I cared about DBS spoilers or wasn't a member of Kanzenshuu, I would be furious. You can't avoid them. Youtube is one of the biggest sites on the internet, asking someone to simply stop using it is absolutely ludicrous.

Drellz26
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Drellz26 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:yay another "Let's trash Youtubers thread" yippee!

I love your page but he's not lying. At first you were really good with spoilers but lately(like last month or so), I've really had to cut back on your material unfortunately because there's tons of thumbnail spoilers and in the videos you'll be like "I'm not going to spoil and say Goku is going to die in this episode but if you read the spoilers then you know what's up", for example. Might as well just state the spoiler at that point, it's basically the same thing. Again, no hate I love the page but it's a legit complaint

Now spoiler videos, I completely stay away from and have yet to have anything huge spoiled by you. Nothing more than swaying towards the spoiler in your non spoiler videos.

99% of the spoilers lie anyway :lol:

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:18 am

I'd just like to point out that if a video shows up in your front page recommendations on YouTube, there's a "not interested" option if you click the three dots next to the video title, and clicking that prompts a question box where you can say that you're just not interested in this specific channel at all. This only works on the front page mind you (trying the same thing in the sidebar during an actual video will not give you said question box and will only block that specific video), but it's a way to avoid people whose content you don't want to see.

...Not that this is foolproof, being that there is a certain (non-Dragon Ball related) YouTuber whose content I've wanted to block for literally months now but somehow their videos only ever show up in the related videos sidebar and never on the front page...

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:55 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:You're absolutely right. In fact I've been advised by several people to not even bother to post here anymore, including people who have posted here since the early 2000s and don't anymore because of it. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment - who knows!?
(Took a cursory glance through the other thread, which I initially wasn't considering in my responses here, but am adding now.)

If you aren't interested in this audience — as in not wanting their viewership and not valuing their opinions in the first place — and if you additionally don't feel the need to respond to their questions and criticisms (regardless of how they phrase these opinions), then I again question the motivation and intent behind your continued reading and responding.

Look, two wrongs don't make a right. If you feel that someone's post does not live up to the spirit of our community guidelines, report it. There WERE reports and there WAS moderation intervention in the previous thread (dare I say) "on many sides". Quite frankly, you didn't make a good showing in the previous thread, you aren't making a good showing of yourself here, and you're consistently not giving anyone a good reason to take what little points you make as honest and sincere and comprehensive.

We know we don't change opinions and inform through defensive combativeness. Kill with kindness. Answer the questions with grace and humility. Maybe you'll change one mind. Maybe you won't. At least you'll have tried.

If you don't want this audience, that's fine. However, when you're thrust into a position of authority and social-omnipresence in the extended community, consider how you conduct yourself when you flail said position back in their face. As someone who's been doing this for coming on 20 years and made a lot of mistakes as a kid, I can tell you from personal experience that people gain reputations based on an iota of truth, which can take a lot to overcome. It seems some of these folks have already made up their mind. Maybe you lost them, but again, maybe you haven't. I guess it's up to you to decide if you want them.
I'm interested in an audience that is respectful and non judgmental, regardless of whether or not its here or elsewhere. I don't think one person's comment is reflective of the entire audience here because there are a lot of good people here that I've met. There are people here with fair criticisms as well that I have addressed and responded to and taking accountability for (see above). The issue is with the people who expect me to respect them when they don't respect me. Calling me names or assuming I'm greedy or judging me (or any content creator for that matter) is disrespectful and ignorant and there was a handful of folks in the last thread (RichardKing being one of them) who took it there and attacked not only my character, but that of some of my friends.

Some of these folks HAVE already made up their mind. Some haven't. Same goes for you as well. All of us. The people who haven't made up their minds or are unsure but understanding, I'll take them. People like the gentleman above who chose to make a judgment call on me that he invented entirely in his head? nah... i don't need those people in my life or watching my content. Feel me?

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
I'm interested in an audience that is respectful and non judgmental, regardless of whether or not its here or elsewhere. I don't think one person's comment is reflective of the entire audience here because there are a lot of good people here that I've met. There are people here with fair criticisms as well that I have addressed and responded to and taking accountability for (see above). The issue is with the people who expect me to respect them when they don't respect me. Calling me names or assuming I'm greedy or judging me (or any content creator for that matter) is disrespectful and ignorant and there was a handful of folks in the last thread (RichardKing being one of them) who took it there and attacked not only my character, but that of some of my friends.

Some of these folks HAVE already made up their mind. Some haven't. Same goes for you as well. All of us. The people who haven't made up their minds or are unsure but understanding, I'll take them. People like the gentleman above who chose to make a judgment call on me that he invented entirely in his head? nah... i don't need those people in my life or watching my content. Feel me?

You don't need to respect me. It would be helpful however, if you did less spoiler themed thumbnails. Which several other users have pointed out. This would benefit the community a lot more. But by posting blatant title+thumbnail spoilers, you make a part of the audience(and other people outside your audience) angry. Yes, other people do it but that doesn't mean you should do the same.

In the thread I mentioned the "tool" comment, it was right after I had just found out about the new form..thanks to your video which popped up in my side bar. So in those moments, I was extremely frustrated. If you look at the thread, another poster provides an opposing viewpoint to me. don't think about you all day. But it's annoying when I'm looking through a video and then I see your video with thumbnail spoiler. The second time I was spoiled a form relating to DBS...thanks to your video popping in my recommended. I don't see why it's difficult to just put a silhoutte over the form. Or something to cover it.

And honestly, I don't know why you're making a big deal about what I or others say in Kanzenshuu. Kanzenshuu is one of the most professional places when it comes to DB info with one of the best DB communities in all honesty. It's the perfect place for anyone to put out their viewpoints and people are told to do this in a professional manner. If I came and completely cursed you out with no points , I'd be targeted by the members of the community and even banned. In other communities, if you went there a lot more people would be even more hostile due to the lack of good moderation and forum structure .

As far as judging youtubers, I disagree with your viewpoint. I do have a right to express my viewpoint on certain youtubers, whether you know them or not. You are a public figure in the DB community, and as such this means people will exist who won't like your content. I can't recall attacking your friends from memory , but I did call you out in that other thread because I had gotten spoiled from DBS thanks to your thumbnail. And it's not just the form in general, but the principle of the matter and the precedent you set. If you would do this with a new form, what's to say you won't do this about a future important plot point about the show?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:51 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

You don't need to respect me. It would be helpful however, if you did less spoiler themed thumbnails. Which several other users have pointed out. This would benefit the community a lot more. But by posting blatant title+thumbnail spoilers, you make a part of the audience(and other people outside your audience) angry. Yes, other people do it but that doesn't mean you should do the same.

In the thread I mentioned the "tool" comment, it was right after I had just found out about the new form..thanks to your video which popped up in my side bar. So in those moments, I was extremely frustrated. If you look at the thread, another poster provides an opposing viewpoint to me. don't think about you all day. But it's annoying when I'm looking through a video and then I see your video with thumbnail spoiler. The second time I was spoiled a form relating to DBS...thanks to your video popping in my recommended. I don't see why it's difficult to just put a silhoutte over the form. Or something to cover it.

And honestly, I don't know why you're making a big deal about what I or others say in Kanzenshuu. Kanzenshuu is one of the most professional places when it comes to DB info with one of the best DB communities in all honesty. It's the perfect place for anyone to put out their viewpoints and people are told to do this in a professional manner. If I came and completely cursed you out with no points , I'd be targeted by the members of the community and even banned. In other communities, if you went there a lot more people would be even more hostile due to the lack of good moderation and forum structure .

As far as judging youtubers, I disagree with your viewpoint. I do have a right to express my viewpoint on certain youtubers, whether you know them or not. You are a public figure in the DB community, and as such this means people will exist who won't like your content. I can't recall attacking your friends from memory , but I did call you out in that other thread because I had gotten spoiled from DBS thanks to your thumbnail. And it's not just the form in general, but the principle of the matter and the precedent you set. If you would do this with a new form, what's to say you won't do this about a future important plot point about the show?
Thank you for coming at me without insulting me or attacking me this time. Its more constructive to do it without calling me a tool or assuming I'm in it for "money" over integrity or whatever. You can express your opinion on anybody's content you want, but I feel its wrong to judge people whom you don't know AS PEOPLE. Saying that you feel that my video spoiled you on the side bar is understandable and something that happens a lot, but trying to read my character and saying I did it for the "money" or whatever and that I have no integrity is ridiculous. You and I have never spoken and you don't know who I am or how I am outside of my videos that you yourself said you don't watch (which are not even a true reflection of who I am). THAT is the problem with your original post.

Now, onto the issue at hand.

My video was suggested in the sidebar. I can't really help that. Now, as far as including a picture in the thumbnail of the new form or whatever - the reason it was done is because it was the perfect thumbnail at the time for two reasons: #1 - it was 100% authentic and not fan art, and thus people weren't "tricked" into clicking with nonsensical "Super Saiyan Green" clickbait crap and #2 - because its official promotional material from a magazine. Toei WANTS YOU to know about the form (at least what it looks like). If you didn't see it from me, I ASSURE YOU that you would see it somewhere on the internet - perhaps not even on Youtube. It was a big deal that Toei wanted people to know about and its my duty to report on things. Could I have done like a silhouette or something? Yeah perhaps, but I wasn't thinking about that at the time. And it had nothing to do with money. I just saw it as breaking news and reported on it as such since SOOOOO many people have talked about it endlessly for months.

That particular video got about 14,000 likes, which is a record for my channel. The vast majority of my audience, new and old, didn't care and were excited. They are there for me and are viewers and thus, they get priority and if they don't mind, then that's what's important. That being said, I have been VERY VERY VERY careful with my titles and thumbnails lately, changing them and making adjustments based upon constructive criticism. So I'm sorry that the visual spoiled the form for you, but I assure you that you would've seen it.

Like VegettoEX said earlier, Japan treats their spoiler stuff differently than we do. Its about getting people hyped. All I do is report on what they release. If you disagree with how I do things, then I respect that, but there's no need to have hatred towards me - specially since the entire community is better now because of the changes we've made in the Youtube spectrum (watch videos pre-2015 and you'll see it). At the very least there's people now reporting accurate news who have familiarity with the Japanese series vs it just being a 90% pro-Dub casual crowd.

You absolutely have a right to express viewpoints, but I also have a right to not respond to you if I feel you're going personal, which you sort of did. This time you didn't, which is good.

My goal when I got in this thing was to bridge the Kanzenshuu people with the Youtubers because I realized that there are good people on both sides. Unfortunately, there is still an Anti-Youtuber bias in here (and understandably so at times although I wish some people got a chance) and there is still an Anti-Kanzenshuu bias elsewhere (I've stuck up for this site more than people here will ever know). You weren't the one to attack my friends, someone else did, which irritated me at the time.

I come back because I want people to enjoy both. It may never happen though for some.

Anyways, I have taken constructive criticism into account and I will take yours as well, but understand, if Japan reveals something, it'll be out there. This "new form" may not happen until November or December. Can you avoid it for 4 more months?

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
RichardKing2 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Thank you for coming at me without insulting me or attacking me this time. Its more constructive to do it without calling me a tool or assuming I'm in it for "money" over integrity or whatever. You can express your opinion on anybody's content you want, but I feel its wrong to judge people whom you don't know AS PEOPLE. Saying that you feel that my video spoiled you on the side bar is understandable and something that happens a lot, but trying to read my character and saying I did it for the "money" or whatever and that I have no integrity is ridiculous. You and I have never spoken and you don't know who I am or how I am outside of my videos that you yourself said you don't watch (which are not even a true reflection of who I am). THAT is the problem with your original post.

My video was suggested in the sidebar. I can't really help that. Now, as far as including a picture in the thumbnail of the new form or whatever - the reason it was done is because it was the perfect thumbnail at the time for two reasons: #1 - it was 100% authentic and not fan art, and thus people weren't "tricked" into clicking with nonsensical "Super Saiyan Green" clickbait crap and #2 - because its official promotional material from a magazine. Toei WANTS YOU to know about the form (at least what it looks like). If you didn't see it from me, I ASSURE YOU that you would see it somewhere on the internet - perhaps not even on Youtube. It was a big deal that Toei wanted people to know about and its my duty to report on things. Could I have done like a silhouette or something? Yeah perhaps, but I wasn't thinking about that at the time. And it had nothing to do with money. I just saw it as breaking news and reported on it as such since SOOOOO many people have talked about it endlessly for months.

That particular video got about 14,000 likes, which is a record for my channel. The vast majority of my audience, new and old, didn't care and were excited. They are there for me and are viewers and thus, they get priority and if they don't mind, then that's what's important. That being said, I have been VERY VERY VERY careful with my titles and thumbnails lately, changing them and making adjustments based upon constructive criticism. So I'm sorry that the visual spoiled the form for you, but I assure you that you would've seen it.

Like VegettoEX said earlier, Japan treats their spoiler stuff differently than we do. Its about getting people hyped. All I do is report on what they release. If you disagree with how I do things, then I respect that, but there's no need to have hatred towards me - specially since the entire community is better now because of the changes we've made in the Youtube spectrum (watch videos pre-2015 and you'll see it). At the very least there's people now reporting accurate news who have familiarity with the Japanese series vs it just being a 90% pro-Dub casual crowd.

You absolutely have a right to express viewpoints, but I also have a right to not respond to you if I feel you're going personal, which you sort of did. This time you didn't, which is good.

My goal when I got in this thing was to bridge the Kanzenshuu people with the Youtubers because I realized that there are good people on both sides. Unfortunately, there is still an Anti-Youtuber bias in here (and understandably so at times although I wish some people got a chance) and there is still an Anti-Kanzenshuu bias elsewhere (I've stuck up for this site more than people here will ever know). You weren't the one to attack my friends, someone else did, which irritated me at the time.

I come back because I want people to enjoy both. It may never happen though for some.

Anyways, I have taken constructive criticism into account and I will take yours as well, but understand, if Japan reveals something, it'll be out there. This "new form" may not happen until November or December. Can you avoid it for 4 more months?
Yo Geekdom101, I haven't really followed this thread but I appreciate the responses (I'll have a read of them all later). You're one of the biggest, if not the biggest, DBZ youtubers so you have a large influence on what and how the fanbase sees things related to Dragonball. Fans look to people like you (and Kanzenshuu) for everything Dragonball. If you and the other youtubers said DBZ/GT/DBS sucked, many fans would treat it as popular opinion. If you created a video and put spoilers in the titles and thumbnails, you can be absolutely sure that your videos will show up in the Youtube home pages of everyone who's searched for anything DB related. Keep that in mind. The official news from the magazine is 1) for the Japanese audience and 2) for anyone in Japan who actually buys the magazine. I agree that Japan handles their spoilers differently but it's clear that every single person outside of Japan isn't their target demographic for the spoilers. It gets some people hyped but other fans want to be surprised. DBS IS the first new DBZ content we've had in decades and they may never get a chance to experience a game-changing moment like a new transformation again like a SSJ or a SSJ4.

There's no hatred towards any youtubers but you can understand why fans are disappointed/frustrated that the biggest DBZ youtubers are inconsiderate towards those who DON'T want to be spoiled, which is a huge amount of people compared to those 14,000 likes you got. You talk about broadening the Youtube spectrum but you're only catering to the spoiler crazed sub fans. The Dubs fans are even further behind (just finished the RoF saga).

Imo, all you have to do is not have explicit spoilers and you'd be pleasing both sides. Maybe instead of showing Goku's full transformation in the thumbnail, crop an image of his eye showing his eye color (yes, this was spoiled as well). Maybe use a spoiler that isn't the complete reveal. Then in the actual video, do whatever you want. 1) It's still a genuine spoiler from the promotional material and 2) Anyone who wants spoilers can watch those videos and the rest of us can still watch your videos (and browse your video list for your other content - episode reviews, discussions, gaming videos, etc) without fear of being spoiled. Can we avoid it for 4 more months? Probably not. Youtube is a career for some people and so "money" is factor. Just because one Youtuber wants to spoil things that doesn't mean everyone should follow them.

Just my two cents. I haven't watched your videos in a while because of the spoiler stuff. I'm sure MANY people share the same opinion.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Timetraveller wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
RichardKing2 wrote:

Yo Geekdom101, I haven't really followed this thread but I appreciate the responses (I'll have a read of them all later). You're one of the biggest, if not the biggest, DBZ youtubers so you have a large influence on what and how the fanbase sees things related to Dragonball. Fans look to people like you (and Kanzenshuu) for everything Dragonball. If you and the other youtubers said DBZ/GT/DBS sucked, many fans would treat it as popular opinion. If you created a video and put spoilers in the titles and thumbnails, you can be absolutely sure that your videos will show up in the Youtube home pages of everyone who's searched for anything DB related. Keep that in mind. The official news from the magazine is 1) for the Japanese audience and 2) for anyone in Japan who actually buys the magazine. I agree that Japan handles their spoilers differently but it's clear that every single person outside of Japan isn't their target demographic for the spoilers. It gets some people hyped but other fans want to be surprised. DBS IS the first new DBZ content we've had in decades and they may never get a chance to experience a game-changing moment like a new transformation again like a SSJ or a SSJ4.

There's no hatred towards any youtubers but you can understand why fans are disappointed/frustrated that the biggest DBZ youtubers are inconsiderate towards those who DON'T want to be spoiled, which is a huge amount of people compared to those 14,000 likes you got. You talk about broadening the Youtube spectrum but you're only catering to the spoiler crazed sub fans. The Dubs fans are even further behind (just finished the RoF saga).

Imo, all you have to do is not have explicit spoilers and you'd be pleasing both sides. Maybe instead of showing Goku's full transformation in the thumbnail, crop an image of his eye showing his eye color (yes, this was spoiled as well). Maybe use a spoiler that isn't the complete reveal. Then in the actual video, do whatever you want. 1) It's still a genuine spoiler from the promotional material and 2) Anyone who wants spoilers can watch those videos and the rest of us can still watch your videos (and browse your video list for your other content - episode reviews, discussions, gaming videos, etc) without fear of being spoiled. Can we avoid it for 4 more months? Probably not. Youtube is a career for some people and so "money" is factor. Just because one Youtuber wants to spoil things that doesn't mean everyone should follow them.

Just my two cents. I haven't watched your videos in a while because of the spoiler stuff. I'm sure MANY people share the same opinion.
Agreed, and thank you. I respect everything you just said. I don't think the silver eyes is that big of a deal but I see your point completely! We still don't know (as of this post) what or how Goku gets this form.