Which Marvel characters would fight in ToP if they had to, and how would they fare?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Which Marvel characters would fight in ToP if they had to, and how would they fare?

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:02 am

Inspired from this thread

Scenario 1: Pre secret wars Marvel 616
Scenario 2: Current 616 Marvel

Characters like Galactus and higher are not allowed due to being similar to God of destruction, and gods like Odin, Zeus and other skyfathers are not allowed due to being similar to gods of creation.

Same rules as ToP
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Bullza
Banned

Re: Which Marvel characters would fight in ToP if they had to, and how would they fare?

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:27 am

I can only really pick from the current version of characters.

There's so many characters to choose from it'd take forever to even consider who the members would be. I think that's why I singled them out to make it easier.

Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Professor X, Iron Man with his best armour, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch perhaps?

How they would fare? I'm not familiar enough with them all to say, Professor X couldn't control the machines which would be his downfall. Would the others even have the speed necessary to do well? Thor for example with all his strength had trouble with Wolverine because of how fast and agile he was. Hulk had trouble with Spider-man for the same reason and they're snails in comparison to even Roshi.

Thor couldn't use his hammer either.

Doctor Strange could probably cause problems, I'm too familiar with him.

I really just don't know how Sentry and Silver Surfer would do in something like this, if they've got the speed and martial arts skill to do well or not.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: Which Marvel characters would fight in ToP if they had to, and how would they fare?

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 am

Bullza wrote:I can only really pick from the current version of characters.

There's so many characters to choose from it'd take forever to even consider who the members would be. I think that's why I singled them out to make it easier.

Thor, Hulk, Sentry, Professor X, Iron Man with his best armour, Black Bolt, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch perhaps?

How they would fare? I'm not familiar enough with them all to say, Professor X couldn't control the machines which would be his downfall. Would the others even have the speed necessary to do well? Thor for example with all his strength had trouble with Wolverine because of how fast and agile he was. Hulk had trouble with Spider-man for the same reason and they're snails in comparison to even Roshi.

Thor couldn't use his hammer either.

Doctor Strange could probably cause problems, I'm too familiar with him.

I really just don't know how Sentry and Silver Surfer would do in something like this, if they've got the speed and martial arts skill to do well or not.
There is no Sentry in current Marvel, and current Thor doesn't have his hammer.

Professor X has controlled and shut down fully Robotic androids

Iron Man's armor IMO counts as a weapon, not sure though. Also, Spiderman should be faster than Roshi.

Silver Surfer is quite fast, faster than light by quite a lot. His board is not a weapon, but a part of his body. He can create new board out of nowhere with pure energy and use that to fly. Would that be allowed? I don;t know.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

Dr Doom would take control over Universe 3 and gain the support of Universe 9 and 4 trough his charisma. Then, trough some mambo jambo would steal the Daishinkan's powers while everybody is fighting amongst eachother. He'd then kill the Gods and the Pride Troopers. Universe 6 would stay out of this all. Universe 10 will swear to him out of fear. Universe 7 would be the only resistance left and, if Goku's Limit Breaking form is not stronger than the Grand Priest, the place would end up as an example to the others.

He'll then use the Super Dragon Balls to become immortal and keep them under surveilance in order to merge all the universes at a later date, after which he'd turn this megaverse into an amazing utopia.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 am

Well I'm figuring there would probably be a big debate on who got to participate, because there are a lot of potential characters not just on Earth but on other planets too.

Would Silver Surfer be allowed to use his board? It's not really a weapon...

Thor would also be at a huge disadvantage without Mjolnir.

Depending on which version of the Hulk he could be too savage and uncontrolled to participate.

Black Bolt would definitely be a contender.

Doctor Strange relies on a lot of magical artifacts and such, so I'm not sure how he would do without them.

Professor X would just be cheap - the rest of the team only has to defend him and he could knock out every opponent in seconds. That wouldn't be any fun. After all, this is a martial arts tournament, not a 'shut down your mind' tournament. BTW, he actually can control and influence machines, as he has used his powers on Sentinels before. So yeah.

Sentry was overrated and I never really liked him that much. So no comment.

Iron Man's armor would classify as a weapon I'm pretty sure. Unless he built it into his body cyborg style (which he could do, but would he want to?)

Jean Grey is in a similar boat as Professor X, especially if she uses Phoenix powers. But she also has more conventional ways of fighting.

Assuming this is not the House of M version, Scarlet Witch might be interesting, as her powers are kind of random and can't really be predicted - by her opponents or her allies.

Quicksilver might also be a good competitor... some versions of him are faster than others but I can see his fastest versions being sort of like Dyspo.

Another candidate is the Vision, his ability to become intangible by lowing his density and to become super heavy could lead to a lot of opportunities to knock out fighters (imagine someone charging at him only to pass right through him and fall off the edge of the ring).

Spider-Man isn't really so tough to hit because he's fast (not that he isn't fast - he is) but because of his spider sense which is like precognition, it alerts him of danger before it happens. Still, that would only get him so far in a tournament like this.

Doctor Doom would also have trouble since most of his powers come from his armor, which wouldn't be allowed. Though he can still do a Captain Ginyu style brain switch if he has to.

Someone like Thanos might be a good contender... he has many dangerous powers.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well I'm figuring there would probably be a big debate on who got to participate, because there are a lot of potential characters not just on Earth but on other planets too.

Depending on which version of the Hulk he could be too savage and uncontrolled to participate.

Doctor Strange relies on a lot of magical artifacts and such, so I'm not sure how he would do without them.

Professor X would just be cheap - the rest of the team only has to defend him and he could knock out every opponent in seconds. That wouldn't be any fun. After all, this is a martial arts tournament, not a 'shut down your mind' tournament. BTW, he actually can control and influence machines, as he has used his powers on Sentinels before. So yeah.

Iron Man's armor would classify as a weapon I'm pretty sure. Unless he built it into his body cyborg style (which he could do, but would he want to?)

Jean Grey is in a similar boat as Professor X, especially if she uses Phoenix powers. But she also has more conventional ways of fighting.

Assuming this is not the House of M version, Scarlet Witch might be interesting, as her powers are kind of random and can't really be predicted - by her opponents or her allies.

Quicksilver might also be a good competitor... some versions of him are faster than others but I can see his fastest versions being sort of like Dyspo.

Another candidate is the Vision, his ability to become intangible by lowing his density and to become super heavy could lead to a lot of opportunities to knock out fighters (imagine someone charging at him only to pass right through him and fall off the edge of the ring).

Spider-Man isn't really so tough to hit because he's fast (not that he isn't fast - he is) but because of his spider sense which is like precognition, it alerts him of danger before it happens. Still, that would only get him so far in a tournament like this.

Doctor Doom would also have trouble since most of his powers come from his armor, which wouldn't be allowed. Though he can still do a Captain Ginyu style brain switch if he has to.

Silver Surfer wouldn't really need the board. He can fly without it.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

I think he can levitate without it (although that would be against the rules) but he can't go faster than light without it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well I'm figuring there would probably be a big debate on who got to participate, because there are a lot of potential characters not just on Earth but on other planets too.

I guess the board should be allowed since it is basically a part of Silver Surfer and he can recreate that board out of nothing just by his energy.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Iron Man's armor would classify as a weapon I'm pretty sure. Unless he built it into his body cyborg style (which he could do, but would he want to?)
Tony already has a couple of nanotech suits that are directly connected to his mind and stored in his body. The majority of it moves to the outside when in use but I would think that would be good enough to loophole it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:46 pm

Vision's ability to phase has never been seen or used in the series. He can use the ability to run out the clock, and rematerialize when his foes get desperate and distracted, and hit them off the arena.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:

I guess the board should be allowed since it is basically a part of Silver Surfer and he can recreate that board out of nothing just by his energy.
But going by that logic, wouldn't that mean that someone like Piccolo would be allowed to create weapons with magic materialization?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote: Silver Surfer wouldn't really need the board. He can fly without it.
But going by that logic, wouldn't that mean that someone like Piccolo would be allowed to create weapons with magic materialization?
Well, if 90% of the characters can create weapons out of energy constructs, then I don't see why creating his board would be disallowed for surfer.

As for Piccolo, his ability to create materials is mostly forgotten and rarely seen in the series. I guess we should ask grand priest if he is allowed or not.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:52 am

I can see Silver Surfer, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Doom, Proff X and Doc Strange would be the only useful people on here, mostly thanks to their magic & telepathic abilities most of which DB characters have no real counters too, especially Proff Xs mental abilities that would let him drop a shit load of people like bricks without much trouble.

The others are irrelevant, Hulk, at his strongest can only sink the Eastern sea board of America which is a far cry from Roshi blowing up the moon in the SECOND ARC of the series. Spider-Man's useless too, as are Black Bolt and Quicksilver. They might take some people by surprise but once people figure out how strong they are, they'll get picked off very easily.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:45 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I can see Silver Surfer, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Doom, Proff X and Doc Strange would be the only useful people on here, mostly thanks to their magic & telepathic abilities most of which DB characters have no real counters too, especially Proff Xs mental abilities that would let him drop a shit load of people like bricks without much trouble.

The others are irrelevant, Hulk, at his strongest can only sink the Eastern sea board of America which is a far cry from Roshi blowing up the moon in the SECOND ARC of the series. Spider-Man's useless too, as are Black Bolt and Quicksilver. They might take some people by surprise but once people figure out how strong they are, they'll get picked off very easily.
Hulk has better feats. I'm not sure but I don't even think the Eastern seaboard thing was an attack, he just stepped. Also Gray hulk (who afaik is supposed to be a weaker form than green) destroyed an asteroid twice the size of earth while using some anti magnetic thing to get there (though the tech burnt up in the atmosphere). Hulk and Red She Hulk destroyed a planet with shockwaves. And one time while in another dimension he reflected an attack with a thunderclap that destroyed the dimension.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Hulk and Black Bolt both actually have statements that give them infinite power, much like Superman. But only extreme fanboys take those seriously.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I can see Silver Surfer, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Doom, Proff X and Doc Strange would be the only useful people on here, mostly thanks to their magic & telepathic abilities most of which DB characters have no real counters too, especially Proff Xs mental abilities that would let him drop a shit load of people like bricks without much trouble.

Haven't some versions of Spidey beaten the Hulk?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: The others are irrelevant, Hulk, at his strongest can only sink the Eastern sea board of America which is a far cry from Roshi blowing up the moon in the SECOND ARC of the series. Spider-Man's useless too, as are Black Bolt and Quicksilver. They might take some people by surprise but once people figure out how strong they are, they'll get picked off very easily.
You're selling Hulk way too short. Considering that in recent issues he was capable of not being instantly crushed to death when he was pierced by a spear that weighed as much as a star. And heck considering that Marvel is essentially one big time line that means what he was capable in earlier issues should apply too, so lighting up the entirety of a dark dimension with a single clap, overpowering the gravitational pull of a star, etc. And hell if he goes World Breaker in the ToP he'll badly ruin it, and probably push off a majority of the fighters in a single go. Before he gets taken out by Jiren.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: The others are irrelevant, Hulk, at his strongest can only sink the Eastern sea board of America which is a far cry from Roshi blowing up the moon in the SECOND ARC of the series. Spider-Man's useless too, as are Black Bolt and Quicksilver. They might take some people by surprise but once people figure out how strong they are, they'll get picked off very easily.
You're selling Hulk way too short. Considering that in recent issues he was capable of not being instantly crushed to death when he was pierced by a spear that weighed as much as a star. And heck considering that Marvel is essentially one big time line that means what he was capable in earlier issues should apply too, so lighting up the entirety of a dark dimension with a single clap, overpowering the gravitational pull of a star, etc. And hell if he goes World Breaker in the ToP he'll badly ruin it, and probably push off a majority of the fighters in a single go. Before he gets taken out by Jiren.
Or he might just break the arena completely and end up causing everyone to fall off at once, resulting in a tie.

...And thus no universes are destroyed. The Hulk just inadvertently saved everyone, just as he so often does! :mrgreen:

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 am

Doctor. wrote:

Haven't some versions of Spidey beaten the Hulk?
The Hulk is usually not that strong, more in line with his film counterpart than the ridiculous planet-cracking interpretation that only shows up in either very special events or internet VS debates. Officially Hulk is normally a 95-tonner hence why he has trouble with Spider-Man villains like Rhino on occasion, why Spider-Man has beaten him, and why Punisher has beaten him.

Anyway, while I said in the "Justice League in the tournament of power thread" that shit was sufficiently inconsistent that you can just write whatever result you'd think would make a good story, in this case I feel fairly confident in saying that everyone on this list is weaksauce even by Saiyan arc standards. Except for the haxx characters, who are just too slow to matter (not to mention we've seen ki provide defense against telekinesis, mind-reading, and mind-control before, so that's not even a sure thing). Personally, I don't know how somebody could read Marvel Comics and seriously think in good faith that if a casual planet buster came to Earth he wouldn't be considered a borderline unstoppable monster by virtually everybody there. They constantly have epic struggles over much less, and the big gun heroes like Thor and Hulk don't display anything above it, and only really match it sparingly.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 am

I'd just like to point out that the Marvel strength classes make no sense, even people like Spider-Man have feats that come out to way more than 100 tons.