Tree of Saiyan Might (Plus Kaioken and Ultimate)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Tree of Saiyan Forms (Plus Kaioken and Ultimate)

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:35 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Tell me what you think of my changes to:

Super Saiyan Berserker
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Super Saiyan Rosé
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Which one of the Ultimates looks best to you? I don't want to make his hair too dark because part of the lines become ruined.

Ultimate Version 1
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ultimate Version 2
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ultimate Version 3
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Your Berserker looks better, maybe you should make Goku even taller?
As for Rosè, it's better now, but it should be less bright, like it is here: https://pm1.narvii.com/6318/ff67eb293ef ... 002_hq.jpg

About the Ultimate one, I think the first one works better!
Really? The first one? After a lot of thought I had been interested in the second one. I was trying to find that perfect blend of black hair, while keeping the lines that Super Saiyan comes with. I felt the first one was more dark gray than black.

Ahhhh, yes, I will try to make it less bright.

Ummm, so this is awkward, but part of the reason I never made Goku taller is because I have had extreme trouble in Photoshop molding the body to be different. I am still new at it, so I don't know how to add height or muscle mass without it looking warped. My SS1Grade2 and SS1Grade 3 are not so good because of this problem.
I don't know if it could work or not, but you could try increasing the image's dimension to work around your issues.
I thought the first Ultimate is better because it looks more like how I feel it would look in the show, but the 2nd one is also fine!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:56 am

emperior wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote:
Your Berserker looks better, maybe you should make Goku even taller?
As for Rosè, it's better now, but it should be less bright, like it is here: https://pm1.narvii.com/6318/ff67eb293ef ... 002_hq.jpg

About the Ultimate one, I think the first one works better!
Really? The first one? After a lot of thought I had been interested in the second one. I was trying to find that perfect blend of black hair, while keeping the lines that Super Saiyan comes with. I felt the first one was more dark gray than black.

Ahhhh, yes, I will try to make it less bright.

Ummm, so this is awkward, but part of the reason I never made Goku taller is because I have had extreme trouble in Photoshop molding the body to be different. I am still new at it, so I don't know how to add height or muscle mass without it looking warped. My SS1Grade2 and SS1Grade 3 are not so good because of this problem.
I don't know if it could work or not, but you could try increasing the image's dimension to work around your issues.
I thought the first Ultimate is better because it looks more like how I feel it would look in the show, but the 2nd one is also fine!
I trust your judgement, so I am going to go with the Version 1. :)

Hmmmm, I had not thought of changing the dimensions. I'll see how that works.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:15 am

emperior wrote: I don't know if it could work or not, but you could try increasing the image's dimension to work around your issues.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

URL for reference: https://orig00.deviantart.net/d464/f/20 ... bssf2b.jpg

UPDATED: I changed the hair color in Super Saiyan Rosé to look more like Toriyama's original drawing i.e. much pinker and softer. I also reduced the bluish color in SSBerserker's hair to make it more yellow-green. I bulked up SSGrade2, SSGrade3, SSGreen, and SSBerserker. Their bodies look as though they have more muscle mass now. I also added height to SSBerserker, since this is a component to the transformation. Lastly, I changed Ultimate entirely. I removed the aura and changed the hair style to SS1 Goku's, but with black hair and eyebrows.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:27 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote: I don't know if it could work or not, but you could try increasing the image's dimension to work around your issues.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

URL for reference: https://orig00.deviantart.net/d464/f/20 ... bssf2b.jpg

UPDATED: I changed the hair color in Super Saiyan Rosé to look more like Toriyama's original drawing i.e. much pinker and softer. I also reduced the bluish color in SSBerserker's hair to make it more yellow-green. I bulked up SSGrade2, SSGrade3, SSGreen, and SSBerserker. Their bodies look as though they have more muscle mass now. I also added height to SSBerserker, since this is a component to the transformation. Lastly, I changed Ultimate entirely. I removed the aura and changed the hair style to SS1 Goku's, but with black hair and eyebrows.
It looks much better, though I now notice that Ultra Instinct hair is wrong - the bang on the left side (Goku's right side) shouldn't be lifted upwards.
I also suggest you to remove the Majin forms, I don't think it makes sense to include those as they don't bring any significant difference look wise apart from the Majin mark.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:38 am

emperior wrote: It looks much better, though I now notice that Ultra Instinct hair is wrong - the bang on the left side (Goku's right side) shouldn't be lifted upwards.
I also suggest you to remove the Majin forms, I don't think it makes sense to include those as they don't bring any significant difference look wise apart from the Majin mark.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

URL for reference: https://orig00.deviantart.net/dc3e/f/20 ... bt3md4.jpg

I added in Kale's new full power version of Super Saiyan Berserker. It looks just like her regular Super Saiyan form (Super Saiyan Green) with slightly bigger muscle mass than Goku's Super Saiyan, but this full power has the green hair of SSBerserker. Essentially it is Super Saiyan Green, but with Berserker's hair color. I also moved the right side of the tree around to create a better feel, thus keeping it condensed.

I am also not sure which bang you are speaking of. The absolute farthest left bang in the picture?

I know I should probably remove the Majin forms, but, for some reason, I like them so much. I felt that since I have SSRosé in there, then I should have the Majin forms too.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:10 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote: It looks much better, though I now notice that Ultra Instinct hair is wrong - the bang on the left side (Goku's right side) shouldn't be lifted upwards.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

URL for reference: https://orig00.deviantart.net/dc3e/f/20 ... bt3md4.jpg

I added in Kale's new full power version of Super Saiyan Berserker. It looks just like her regular Super Saiyan form (Super Saiyan Green) with slightly bigger muscle mass than Goku's Super Saiyan, but this full power has the green hair of SSBerserker. Essentially it is Super Saiyan Green, but with Berserker's hair color. I also moved the right side of the tree around to create a better feel, thus keeping it condensed.

I am also not sure which bang you are speaking of. The absolute farthest left bang in the picture?

I know I should probably remove the Majin forms, but, for some reason, I like them so much. I felt that since I have SSRosé in there, then I should have the Majin forms too.
Yes, I was talking about Ultra Instinct Goku's farthest left bang, which shouldn't be lifted upwards.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:17 am

emperior wrote: Yes, I was talking about Ultra Instinct Goku's farthest left bang, which shouldn't be lifted upwards.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Okay, so this bang? And how would you change it?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:32 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote: Yes, I was talking about Ultra Instinct Goku's farthest left bang, which shouldn't be lifted upwards.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yes. I would bring it down, it should be like it is in base Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:31 pm

emperior wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just so I completely understand (I apologize, just trying to make this right), you want this bang:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

to look like this bang

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just so I completely understand (I apologize, just trying to make this right), you want this bang:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

to look like this bang

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No problem, sorry if I'm hard to understand but English is not ny primary language.
You are correct, thosd bangs should be there instead of the single uplifted bang you gave UI Goku.
Look here: https://i1.wp.com/omnitos.com/wp-conten ... C594&ssl=1

UI Goku's hair isn't much different from base Goku's.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:09 am

emperior wrote: No problem, sorry if I'm hard to understand but English is not ny primary language.
You are correct, thosd bangs should be there instead of the single uplifted bang you gave UI Goku.

Oh, please don't worry about your English. I would not even have guessed it was not your primary language. You speak it beautifully. I have always wished to learn a new language. :)

Ahhhhhh, yes, that problem. So I came to a point where I had left those bangs in, but it looked very weird on the Goku I have made.

This was an earlier one I did. It looked weird with the hair on the side:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote: No problem, sorry if I'm hard to understand but English is not ny primary language.

Oh, please don't worry about your English. I would not even have guessed it was not your primary language. You speak it beautifully. I have always wished to learn a new language. :)

Ahhhhhh, yes, that problem. So I came to a point where I had left those bangs in, but it looked very weird on the Goku I have made.

This was an earlier one I did. It looked weird with the hair on the side:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Thanks man!

You could try adding one or two more bangs and see how it turns out. In my opinion the picture you just posted looks better :lol:
The one in your tree looks a little weird, and is also uncorrect. For what has been shown, UI Goku's hair isn't much different from his normal hair. You also forgot that Goku's eyes are fully outlined when using Ultra Instinct.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:19 am

emperior wrote: Thanks man!

You could try adding one or two more bangs and see how it turns out. In my opinion the picture you just posted looks better :lol:
The one in your tree looks a little weird, and is also uncorrect. For what has been shown, UI Goku's hair isn't much different from his normal hair. You also forgot that Goku's eyes are fully outlined when using Ultra Instinct.

Hey, there! So I have been having some trouble fixing the Ultra Instinct hair. ... Sigh ... hopefully I can get it to work eventually.

Anyways, I am considering getting rid of the two Majin forms, but I feel like if I do that I should get rid of Rosé. Can you explain to me why you feel Rosé is a new form, but the Majins aren't new forms?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:17 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
emperior wrote: Thanks man!

Hey, there! So I have been having some trouble fixing the Ultra Instinct hair. ... Sigh ... hopefully I can get it to work eventually.

Anyways, I am considering getting rid of the two Majin forms, but I feel like if I do that I should get rid of Rosé. Can you explain to me why you feel Rosé is a new form, but the Majins aren't new forms?
I think Rosè is much more meaningful because it was something exclusive to Saiyans, while the Majin mark was something every Babidi minion had.
Rosè is also very different as it is an entirely new color and hair style, and the manga suggested it was the true godly version of Super Saiyan Blue. Majin Vegeta was just SSJ/SSJ2 Vegeta under Babidi’s spell.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:24 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Anyways, I am considering getting rid of the two Majin forms, but I feel like if I do that I should get rid of Rosé. Can you explain to me why you feel Rosé is a new form, but the Majins aren't new forms?
Rose isn't exactly "new," since it's just Goku Black's variation of SS Blue... but in that sense at least it's still actually a Saiyan form, since SS Blue in the first place is Super Saiyan powered by godly ki. The Super Saiyan part of both Blue and Rose obviously makes them both each an inextricably Saiyan thing.

On the flipside, "Majin" is not a Saiyan form or in any way exclusive to Saiyans. Literally anybody with evil in their hearts could get their minds jacked by Bobbidi and start sporting that "M" on their foreheads (and maybe also a power boost if Bobbidi so chooses). Spopovich, Yamu, Pui-Pui, Yakon, and Dabra are not Saiyans.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am

emperior wrote: I think Rosè is much more meaningful because it was something exclusive to Saiyans, while the Majin mark was something every Babidi minion had.
Rosè is also very different as it is an entirely new color and hair style, and the manga suggested it was the true godly version of Super Saiyan Blue. Majin Vegeta was just SSJ/SSJ2 Vegeta under Babidi’s spell.
Kaboom wrote: Rose isn't exactly "new," since it's just Goku Black's variation of SS Blue... but in that sense at least it's still actually a Saiyan form, since SS Blue in the first place is Super Saiyan powered by godly ki. The Super Saiyan part of both Blue and Rose obviously makes them both each an inextricably Saiyan thing.

On the flipside, "Majin" is not a Saiyan form or in any way exclusive to Saiyans. Literally anybody with evil in their hearts could get their minds jacked by Bobbidi and start sporting that "M" on their foreheads (and maybe also a power boost if Bobbidi so chooses). Spopovich, Yamu, Pui-Pui, Yakon, and Dabra are not Saiyans.
Hmmm, okay, so if I understand what you both are saying, the Majin basically modifies Vegeta instead of his SS forms. SSRosé is a new form itself, despite being a copy of SSBlue.

Okay, I can get behind this. I will make the appropriate changes. :)

I was going to add Kefla's Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 forms to my tree as well. I was not sure how to do this: 1) Have the green Kale branch and the SS forms merge in the middle to show Kefla's forms are a combination of the two; 2) Have parentheses on the side of the SS1 and SS2 forms being Kefla's green forms.

Kaboom

Re: Tree of Saiyan Might (Plus Kaioken and Ultimate)

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:18 am

It's weird that Kale and Kafla even have that green tint to their hair and ki in the first place. There's no reason for that other than just to copy Broli, but the only reason Broli seemed to have it in Movie 8 was as a side-effect of Paragus' restraint device. By the time of Movie 10, Broli's Super Saiyan hair and energy (aside from his attacks) were the same golden color as on anyone else.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Kaboom wrote:It's weird that Kale and Kafla even have that green tint to their hair and ki in the first place. There's no reason for that other than just to copy Broli, but the only reason Broli seemed to have it in Movie 8 was as a side-effect of Paragus' restraint device. By the time of Movie 10, Broli's Super Saiyan hair and energy (aside from his attacks) were the same golden color as on anyone else.
Broli's green coloring seemed to be due to Movie 8's quirky lighting. Even Goku was sporting greenish hair at one point.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:54 am

Kaboom wrote:It's weird that Kale and Kafla even have that green tint to their hair and ki in the first place. There's no reason for that other than just to copy Broli, but the only reason Broli seemed to have it in Movie 8 was as a side-effect of Paragus' restraint device. By the time of Movie 10, Broli's Super Saiyan hair and energy (aside from his attacks) were the same golden color as on anyone else.
We all "know" why. As you say it's to copy Broly and Broly himself got more and more ridiculous green hair in videogames and other media, because that's among other things, what he's iconic for. Freaking Sparking Neo/Budokai Tenkaichi 2 had his SS form as sky blue, if memory serves.
So I wouldn't say it's weird, it's entirely expected.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:59 am

I think a different tint is fine, the same way SS4 had different tints of red, and also SSGod in the manga. Some nice diversity, even if it is to copy Broly. After the whole Red, Blue, Pink, Green hair thing Super's been going for, I'm less and less critical about it :D would be actually cool if every saiyan had a unique tint of yellow just because.