Nostalgia Critc's Dragonball Evolution Review

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Nostalgia Critc's Dragonball Evolution Review

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Opening was pure cringe. Also Masako got Goku's character wrong. He's not someone who doesn't like fighting unless he has to. He loves fighting and really only shows restraint when he knows he can effortlessly win, and just wants the lackeys to just give up sooner. It was fine overall I guess.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Opening was crap but it was supposed to be.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:37 pm

This video was pretty bad. I found it boring and unfunny. I wish Doug review the movie on his own because it would be interesting to see a non fan point of view on the movie. I doubt anyone would care if Doug is not a fan of the series and hates the movie.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Opening was pure cringe. Also Masako got Goku's character wrong. He's not someone who doesn't like fighting unless he has to. He loves fighting and really only shows restraint when he knows he can effortlessly win, and just wants the lackeys to just give up sooner. It was fine overall I guess.
Haven't seen the video yet but as someone who's subbed to Masako and watches most of his videos I'm surprised he'd say that. He's gotten Goku's character down pretty accurately in his videos, and always brings up how Goku only cares about fighting whenever and wherever.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:25 am

I do not enjoy Nostalgia Critic, but I'll watch anything MasakoX touches and I did find this review pretty humorous and enjoyable. Seeing them all get high af to cope with the film was perfect.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:05 am

"The original Goku, who hated fighting"

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Putting aside that weird line about Goku hating fighting, the review was ok. It wasn't really breaking any new ground, and everything that was addressed in the video has already been said elsewhere. Still, it was nice seeing all those people come together just to review the pile of filth that is DBE. Kyle Hebert's parts were particularly funny, so props to Nostalgia Critic for getting him on board.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:The guy has ran out of ideas years ago.
I think he's just running out of movies but otherwise he's as entertaining as before.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:02 am

Ah; seems someone asked MasakoX about the "Goku hates fighting" line. Turns out he had an explanation for that.
MasakoX wrote:I believe it was probably a fault in my intonation. Meant to sound sarcastic.
So, that's probably what happened. Original twitter post is here: https://twitter.com/MasakoX/status/930786719032586240
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Doug and Rob first viewing of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVquPsbejQM
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/