Removing BGM from Dragon ball Z Kai Final Chapters episodes?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KentaZX

Removing BGM from Dragon ball Z Kai Final Chapters episodes?

Post by KentaZX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:20 pm

So I've decided to try making one of those videos of a Dragon Ball Z Kai: Final Chapters scene with the music being replaced with something else. My only problem is that is I'm having trouble of getting rid of the background music only.

so after ripping episode 133 from my Blu-Ray copy, I've been using Adobe premiere CC and Audition CC to edit it out, and I've watched a video explaining how you can get rid of the music (or reduce it greatly) by using the audition's "Center Channel Extactor" effect and changing the frequency range to male or female voice. I've tried changing that to male voice, but it didn't really do anything at all.

I've heard something about the "ani-mation" method around here that was used to get the job done(?) But the post for that was made like back in 6 years ago, and considering that the Blu-Ray pf Dragon Ball Z Kai: Final Chapters Part 2 came out this year, I'm not sure if that will still work.

So I just want to know is what is the best recent, latest (or whatever still works to this day) method to remove the Background music.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Removing BGM from Dragon ball Z Kai Final Chapters episodes?

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Did you rip the episode in stereo or in 5.1? Because you need the center track from the 5.1 audio to isolate the voices and sound effects.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

KentaZX

Post by KentaZX » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:39 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:Did you rip the episode in stereo or in 5.1? Because you need the center track from the 5.1 audio to isolate the voices and sound effects.
UPDATE: So I said earlier I wasn't sure because I was reading an article (how to geek i believe), on how to convert MKV to MP4 because adobe doesn't accept MKV for some reason. I converted the MKV again but making sure both audio channels are 5.1 and stereo. File properties of the MP4 doesn't show the audio track, but it saids stereo so it should be okay now...

but just in case I still can't get the center tack from 5.1 audio from that MP4 I just made for whatever reason. I might have to use MakeMVK and rip the blueray again, because I only selected one thing from that whole menu of what to rip.

So my question is, thinking that maybe you ripped from the blu-ray before (IF you ever did), what did you selected in the makeMKV menu before you ripped?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 am

KentaZX wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:Did you rip the episode in stereo or in 5.1? Because you need the center track from the 5.1 audio to isolate the voices and sound effects.
UPDATE: So I said earlier I wasn't sure because I was reading an article (how to geek i believe), on how to convert MKV to MP4 because adobe doesn't accept MKV for some reason. I converted the MKV again but making sure both audio channels are 5.1 and stereo. File properties of the MP4 doesn't show the audio track, but it saids stereo so it should be okay now...

but just in case I still can't get the center tack from 5.1 audio from that MP4 I just made for whatever reason. I might have to use MakeMVK and rip the blueray again, because I only selected one thing from that whole menu of what to rip.

So my question is, thinking that maybe you ripped from the blu-ray before (IF you ever did), what did you selected in the makeMKV menu before you ripped?
Uh... Would it be bad if I said I don't remember? I just learned how to rip my BDs over the summer, and I only ever did it with my Kai sets so it's been a while.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

KentaZX

Post by KentaZX » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

I see. I guess I'll just re-rip again if I have to once I try editing again later on tonight.