Good, Bad or Memorable Dragon Ball Crossover Fanfiction

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Good, Bad or Memorable Dragon Ball Crossover Fanfiction

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:18 pm

What were some of the best, worst or just memorable crossover fanfiction you've ever come across.

For me there was Freddy Krueger vs Dragon Ball Z. This is from many years back. It was a fairly typical for this kind of thing looking back on it. About 5 chapters long, each chapter was not long and while far from unreadable had spelling and structer issues. In hind sight is should have been titled Vegeta vs Freddy.

The rough outline is that Trunks and Goten have not been sleeping well lately, they are having nightmares about a burnt man in a red & green sweater, with a dirty hate and blades on his fingers. It's gotten pretty bad as the usually upbeat kids are genuinely scared and it gets worse when they find out the dream man can hurt them. Not long after Kuririn starts to suffer similar dreams and is forced to face Freddy. Exactly how Freddy got to the DB universes I cannot remember now but he apparently haunted Kuririn for a time when he was a kid. This, as always, do not go well for Kuririn and he is killed by the dream demon while the awake #18 is helpless to stop it. While everyone is in shock of what happened and are trying to piece it all together the kids fall asleep again but this time Freddy is tired of playing with them. The kids fight back, even fusing into Gotenks but they are beaten. With Vegeta being the only one on hand at the time, he enters a meditative state and goes to help the boys. Vegeta has his own fight with Freddy but dose not do any better however he's able to escape the dream world with the Trunks and Goten. My memory is a bit fuzzy as to some of the details around the events of the ending exactly but they eventually us Shenron to wish Krueger back to life, I vaguely recall Vegeta trying to get King Yemma to deal with the problem but due he was unable to due to Freddy's unique state of being at the time which strips him of his powers. They then kill him which sends him to Otherworld were he is judged and sentence to burn in a ring of fire all eternity.

As I've said this was far from perfect and amateurish but I've always remembered it because it was fun, dark, the basic plot points were well written although the author seemed to struggle righting long action scenes and best of all most of the characters were pretty on point.

Probably the highlight for me was Freddy's general piss taking during the later chapters. From wondering is he's ended up in some crazy kung fu universe (which lets be fair is not far off the make) to mocking Super Saiyan by transforming into Super Freddy (basically him just getting a red aura) and then Super Freddy 2 (His aura becomes a darker red and he gets a big 2 on the front of his sweater).

Edit: If anyone was wondering if Freddy can fight....

I rest my case.