Favorite Fanartists

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Favorite Fanartists

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 am

I'm a big fan of fan created content and I'm looking for notable artist from the DB fandom. I used to follow quite a few artists a few years back, but I've long since lost them, specifically Japanese fan artists whose sites closed down.

Any recommendations? Wish I could give some myself, but as I said, don't have any anymore :/

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Re: Favorite Fanartists

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Oh boy, this is definitely one for me. If Japanese doujinshi artists are what you're looking for, there are literally thousands. The most notable ones of the top of my head are Toyotaro (formerly Toyble) who worked on the original DBAF series and now draws the Dragon Ball Super manga. Then you've got equally famous artists like Young Jijii who drew a different DBAF, as well as DB After, DB Bardock After, and Super DBGT. There's also DragonGarowLee, who worked on the DB Sai series, as well as the DB x Saitama series.

After those, there's IRONTONIC, who draws gag/yaoi doujin of the past Dragon Ball villains in Hell, the Yokoshima sisters who published the infamous HEAD-CHA-LA series and many more I can't name.

There's plenty of fan artists in the west as well, Dave-X from France draws the DB Kame series, which let's the younger cast take center stage. Then the DB Multiverse team, as well as Malik, who draws a GT continuation called DB New Age.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 am

Thank you! :thumbup:

Doujinshi and fan-comics are more than welcome, of course. The DB fandom boasts some of the best fanwork out there, so I'll definitely be checking out these artists too.

Also thanks for clearing up the DBAF thing, I always got Toyble and Young Jijii's work confused. (Knew that one Toyble was Toyotaro though)

I actually wanted to add Announcerguy too in my first post, but I'm pretty sure most already know about her.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

Pretty much most of the ones that I know and like have already been mentioned, but I'd also like to toss our very own Scarz's name into the mix. Her style may not be the 'match the Toriyama look as closely as possible' one that a lot of artists employ (sometimes well, othertimes not), but she still pulls off some really great facial expressions and comedy like a master. :thumbup:

I suppose I should give the fair warning though that probably 90% of her output, at least that I've seen, is ecchi/hentai related, so if you're not into or okay with that, tread cautiously, but beyond that, she definitely ranks up there in the fan artist category.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Pretty much most of the ones that I know and like have already been mentioned, but I'd also like to toss our very own Scarz's name into the mix. Her style may not be the 'match the Toriyama look as closely as possible' one that a lot of artists employ (sometimes well, othertimes not), but she still pulls off some really great facial expressions and comedy like a master. :thumbup:

I suppose I should give the fair warning though that probably 90% of her output, at least that I've seen, is ecchi/hentai related, so if you're not into or okay with that, tread cautiously, but beyond that, she definitely ranks up there in the fan artist category.
I know Scarz, of course. Odd that I haven't seen her post here in a while. A lot of users I used to know around here disappeared :(

Anyway, thanks a lot for the suggestion. :thumbup: