MasakoX's YouTube Channel - ft. DBS Episode Reviews, Analysis & More

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

MasakoX's YouTube Channel - ft. DBS Episode Reviews, Analysis & More

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 am

MasakoX's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLKkPZ ... HCP_5ADtxg
MasakoX's Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/MasakoX

Hello! I'm here to share MasakoX's YouTube channel since he makes some excellent and extremely informative videos. If you don't know who MasakoX is, he's the voice of Goku, Gohan, and Master Roshi in TeamFourStar's "Dragon Ball Z Abridged". He makes reviews for every new episode of Dragon Ball Super, usually the day after the episode airs. He also does Dragon Ball analysis and discussion, "What if?" videos, and more. But hey, I'll just let the man speak for himself:

WELCOME TO THE CHANNEL! | MasakoX

Here are some more of his videos:

Dragon Ball Super Episode 114 REVIEW | KAFLA ON THE SHORE

WHAT IF SENZU BEANS NEVER EXISTED? | A Dragonball Discussion

WHAT IS A ZENKAI BOOST? | A Dragonball Discussion

SUPER SAIYAN COLORS - SOLVED? | A Dragonball Discussion

WHAT IF VEGITO STAYED FUSED? | A Dragonball Discussion

Black Hawk
Regular

Re: MasakoX's YouTube Channel - ft. DBS Episode Reviews, Analysis & More

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 am

I follow Mr. Simpson's work and I enjoy it quite a bit; he's very entertaining and has a lot of personality. It's especially amusing when he, as Gokū, makes comical comments with regard to the topic, as well as when he gives his signature war cry of "MARKETING!!"
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I've always enjoyed his content, even thought i lost some interest in reviews since i joined Kanzenshuu, he always has some fun topics to talk and i love all the "Goku answers your questions".

Off topic, how did you do that? i didn't knew we could share videos in this way.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:04 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:I've always enjoyed his content, even thought i lost some interest in reviews since i joined Kanzenshuu, he always has some fun topics to talk and i love all the "Goku answers your questions".

Off topic, how did you do that? i didn't knew we could share videos in this way.
I downloaded the videos off of YouTube using a converter to the webm format, and then re-uploaded it to Mixtape.moe. You can then use the [webm] tags inbetween the URL to turn it into an embedded video.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:27 am

Asura wrote:Episode 121 Review
Why are you linking it? What's interesting about it? What are your thoughts on its content?

A link in and of itself is not a worthwhile post.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Asura

Post by Asura » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Asura wrote:Episode 121 Review
Why are you linking it? What's interesting about it? What are your thoughts on its content?

A link in and of itself is not a worthwhile post.
That’s... weird. I don’t really understand what happened to the rest of my post. I wrote that I was going to provide links to each episode review going forward in that post and I would just edit it every week to update it when the latest review comes out.

If that’s okay, that is...

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:30 am

One of my favourite things about Masako's channel is the fan-art it produces. From the cool what-if scenarios to the fanart challenges he's been doing in his reviews lately, it's bringing out some imaginative works. I'm loving the current crop of stuff from this week's ToP Cowboys hashtag.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm

MasakoX Put Up a Top 10 List Video I found Interesting;

TOP 10 B-TIER FIGHTERS | A Dragon Ball Discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq0I_Lx9N_k&t=0s

I Give Credit that I found His list Interested and he made some Good Comments about characters that I like, espically ones form U2 Rabanra, Zarbuto and Zirloin!

However like he asked I have a Few views about the list.

What are his other Rankings besides B?! I was hard to grasp the importance for B-Listers when I am not what his other higher rankings are, is their only A-Rank or is their a higher one like S-Rank?

It be nice if he did another such list and said that A-List is his highest and then why some where not on it?

He also asked about making our Own Lists, well then I will and I would go by not just B-List but also include other Ranks as well that I thought he should do so as well;

S-Rank ~~~ The Highest, Main/Prime Characters that are essential Ingrained to the Story/Arc.

A-Rank ~~~ Also Important Characters that had important Roles, important character development, New Debuts that where important. Not 100%, but where just under essential

B-Rank ~~~ Ones not thought of as Important, Side Characters but they had a impact and had good development to them to make then better then thought.

C-Rank ~~~ Most underdeveloped characters, Still good but needed allot more time to get to know or care about.

A Few Quick things about these Rankings would be I think Importance to the Story, Character Development and Level of Impact are the most important elements in Ranking. Power Levels are bonuses but not as important as the other.

C-Rank DOES NOT = Fodder characters, they are just all the other characters we go that Toei did not give time to shine for and Fodder IMO does not exist in this ToP.

I will give my list later on today, but I wanted to state it as a beginning example that I have rather MasakoX state his ranking levels and that way get a better idea of how important in his view a B-Rank is.

Also for MasakoX's opinions in the Video that I did not agree with ~~~ NO the MasakoX Kamikaze Fireballs where Not Forgetable, you said they where good yourself back in your 102 review so I suggest remebering that and the fact their are fans of theirs that found them Very Likable.

Also, No Ribrianne did Not Overstay her welcome, that is a View by some fans but not all, many of us Like all she did and wanted even more.

Finally, The Trio De Dangers with all their important to the beginning plot and developments makes them IMO A-Rank over B-Rank as the very least.

Again this will fully come out when I post my full list later. :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:42 pm

That's not a bad list of B-tier fighters. My list would be very similar (I think I had a few of them on my "Top 10 disappointments list" haha) albeit with a few placements changed. I'd probably moved the Trio and Obuni up and Ganos and the Namekians down.

I assume he was just going by a straight "A=important, B=non-important" thing for his rankings. So A is everyone from Universe 7, most of Universe 6, the big three from Universe 11 and the three girls from Universe 2. While B is everyone who is...not them. It wouldn't be hard to add a "C-tier" for characters who basically showed up to die, but I figure he wanted to keep it simple. You could also take it a step further and create an "S-tier" for characters with major importance spanning multiple episodes. My picks for that would be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Jiren, Toppo, Hit, Caulifla and Kale.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Kataphrut wrote:That's not a bad list of B-tier fighters. My list would be very similar (I think I had a few of them on my "Top 10 disappointments list" haha) albeit with a few placements changed. I'd probably moved the Trio and Obuni up and Ganos and the Namekians down.

I assume he was just going by a straight "A=important, B=non-important" thing for his rankings. So A is everyone from Universe 7, most of Universe 6, the big three from Universe 11 and the three girls from Universe 2. While B is everyone who is...not them. It wouldn't be hard to add a "C-tier" for characters who basically showed up to die, but I figure he wanted to keep it simple. You could also take it a step further and create an "S-tier" for characters with major importance spanning multiple episodes. My picks for that would be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Jiren, Toppo, Hit, Caulifla and Kale.
That is a Nice Post and a Nice way to break down S-Tier.

Honestly I came-up with the ideal of S-Tier from Comic Books, IMO the Characters that are Supremes, they are in Everthing and You Expect them to be nearly in Everything. Ones like Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Wolverine, Captain America, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, ones like those that they are so Important it is impossible to see them no in something or have a base to want to see them in a story.

For Be S-Tier for the ToP is allot harder cause we have so many new characters, but I just round it down to the ones we Knew would not only be in this by the start but ones that would indeed be in at the finals cause of who they where and knew their Importance.

Before that My A-Tier is REALLY Important characters and ones that got good story and development, they are just one league under the expected ones to do good and be important.

So here is Mine;

S-Tier~~ToP:

U7 ~ Goku, Vegeta & Frieza
U11 ~ Jiren & Toppo

A-Tier~~ToP:

U2 ~ Ribrianne, Rozie & Kakunsa
U6 ~ Hit, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, Frost
U7 ~ EVERYONE ELSE!
U9 ~ Trio De Dangers
U11 ~ Dyspo & Kahseral

B-Tier~~ToP:
U2 ~ Jimeze, Vikal, Hermila, Rabanra, Zarbuto and Zirloin
U3 ~ Katopesla, Paparoni, Maji Kayo, Narirama, Viara, Bollarator, Koitsukai, and Panchia
U4 ~ Ganos, Damon, Shantza, Monna
U6 ~ EVERYONE ELSE!
U10 ~ Obuni
U11 ~ EVERYONE ELSE!

C-Tier~~ToP
EVERYONE ELSE Not yet Mentioned!
My #1 in DB!

Angrist Hand

Post by Angrist Hand » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 pm

#EmotionalJiren haha

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 am

I'm glad so many people are submitting joke entries to #EmotionalJiren (like they'll take a stock image of him and scribble some tears on it or whatever) because the ones playing it straight disturb me. Jiren with any other facial expression is some Uncanny Valley shit and I don't ever want to see it happen in the show.

CASE IN BLOODY POINT:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 am

Kataphrut wrote:I'm glad so many people are submitting joke entries to #EmotionalJiren (like they'll take a stock image of him and scribble some tears on it or whatever) because the ones playing it straight disturb me. Jiren with any other facial expression is some Uncanny Valley shit and I don't ever want to see it happen in the show.

CASE IN BLOODY POINT:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Their was Emotional~Jiren before this too, rare but around and as of now This one below is STILL My Favorite #EmotionalJiren I have seen that has been around for a few weeks and I am guessing many know why! :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
My #1 in DB!

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 pm

Masako's latest video 'I Have Problems With Dragon Ball Super' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIbOI1wt14&t=0s) is a pretty good watch and a look into the issues with the series. As a fan of Super, it sucks to see so many previously positive critics of the show turning sour on it, but honestly? I agree with pretty much all of it. It's undeniable that the production issues that have plagued the show for so long are coming to a head, and this last section of the Universe Survival arc has been in free-fall.

Really, there are only two things I disagree with him on. First of all, while he shares the concerns I have with Vegeta's treatment in the ToP, he seemed to come to the conclusion that episode 126 redeemed it. I disagree, I personally think that episode did a poor job of showcasing Vegeta's growth and was let down by sloppy writing and the fact that he'd already had two prior episodes of the same resolution. But, that's just my opinion.

Other thing I disagree on is him saying he's afraid the Tournament of Power will end on a predictable note, when he was hoping for one of the big, crazy theories to come true like the Grand Priest being evil or Zamasu coming back or something. I can understand the excitement for stuff like that, but I feel like the show has tried to do something unexpected with nearly every arc and I'd honestly rather we conclude on a straightforward happy ending. The subversive ending worked in Battle of Gods and arguably U6, but Resurrection F and Future Trunks endings? No thanks. Just have Goku master Ultra Instinct, beat Jiren and wish back the erased universes, I'm fine with that.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 am

Kataphrut wrote:Masako's latest video 'I Have Problems With Dragon Ball Super' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aIbOI1wt14&t=0s) is a pretty good watch and a look into the issues with the series. As a fan of Super, it sucks to see so many previously positive critics of the show turning sour on it, but honestly? I agree with pretty much all of it. It's undeniable that the production issues that have plagued the show for so long are coming to a head, and this last section of the Universe Survival arc has been in free-fall.

Really, there are only two things I disagree with him on. First of all, while he shares the concerns I have with Vegeta's treatment in the ToP, he seemed to come to the conclusion that episode 126 redeemed it. I disagree, I personally think that episode did a poor job of showcasing Vegeta's growth and was let down by sloppy writing and the fact that he'd already had two prior episodes of the same resolution. But, that's just my opinion.

Other thing I disagree on is him saying he's afraid the Tournament of Power will end on a predictable note, when he was hoping for one of the big, crazy theories to come true like the Grand Priest being evil or Zamasu coming back or something. I can understand the excitement for stuff like that, but I feel like the show has tried to do something unexpected with nearly every arc and I'd honestly rather we conclude on a straightforward happy ending. The subversive ending worked in Battle of Gods and arguably U6, but Resurrection F and Future Trunks endings? No thanks. Just have Goku master Ultra Instinct, beat Jiren and wish back the erased universes, I'm fine with that.
You and me both.

If Super had been longer, I wouldn't have minded seeing the Grand Priest thing touched on, but as it is, I will be fine with the erased universes coming back, and some of them visiting one another in films, manga, and anime to come.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Oh damn, this thread is pretty broken. I gave up on it after realizing I couldn't edit my post that I wanted to do with all the episode reviews (because I forgot that you can't edit your posts after a specific amount of time), and now all of the videos in the OP are broken. I'll have to try working to fix that but I don't think I have any of those videos downloaded anymore : /