Goku Vs Vegeta First Fight (Ends at Kaioken X3 transformation), but it's remastered (English dub), kai 1080p, custom fx

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deidaros

Goku Vs Vegeta First Fight (Ends at Kaioken X3 transformation), but it's remastered (English dub), kai 1080p, custom fx

Post by Deidaros » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Hey guys, so recently I was taking a look at the old Dragon Ball Z fights, Goku vs Vegeta in particular. I love Dragon Ball, but I wish there was a way to just watch a quick version of the fight versus seeing a minute of action and then five-ten minutes of dialogue revolving around the other characters (launch in dbz and bulma etc). I know the scenes can be skipped, but it personally ruins my immersion. For first time viewers, I would recommend the original versions to fully enjoy the Dragon Ball experience, but for longtime fans I wanted a minimal dialogue version that cut straight to the action. So, that's where this video comes in. It's still a work in progress, but I just wanted to post this to see to see if anyone was as interested in this idea as I am. I plan on trying to have the entire fight done by the end of the month (in celebration of fighterz being released).
Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://youtu.be/NkbadQGJD20

The audio used is the remastered audio from the Dragon Ball Z Funimation Dub. The actual animation itself is from Dragon Ball Z Kai, and in case someone was wondering, it's as simple as placing the dialogue over the mouths. Finally, the music used is from Dragon Ball Super, and going forward I plan to use a variety from all series.

TL;DR
I wanted a minimal dialogue Goku vs Vegeta fight, but without the annoying cut caused by the background ost music. So, I've started to work on one using the remastered English Dub, and Kai 1080p quality. I wasn't able to get my hands on all the original sound effects used , so it has different effects used throughout super, kai, and Z. Hope you guys enjoy!