My Bardock Continuation Arc...

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokukarot88

My Bardock Continuation Arc...

Post by Gokukarot88 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 am

So, I'm new to the forum and this will be my first post, so here goes nothing. Disclaimer: Yes, I'm aware that there are hundreds of threads on here that deal with fan-fiction and Bardock, but I feel like I have a fresh take on the character and how to better incorperate him into a db super arc without getting too far out in left field. Read for yourself and let me have the feedback, be it positive or critical. Disclaimer part 2: Don't really care if you dislike the character, it is my storyline, afterall...To set the stage, let's revert to Bardock: The Father of Goku (forget The Episode of Bardock altogether.) We see Frieza's ship hovering over Planet Vegeta and a small sparkling dot in between the ship and planet. The camera zooms in on Bardock as he finishes his defiant speech and hurls a ki blast at Frieza, only to have it absorbed by the giant super nova before it crashes through him and into the surface of Vegeta.

Bardock awakens in hell to discover that his body is intact, and a halo hovers fixed over the crown of his head. Taken aback by his revelation of being killed along with the rest of his race, he begins to search for the other saiyans who were killed in the blast. After days of exhausting searches through the bizarre maze of hell, Bardock is met by an old decrepit beggar in rags with very few teeth who tells him that he was the only saiyan in hell that was allowed to keep his original body because of his selfless act of defiance in stranding up for his people when he gave his life in battle. The old man introduces himself as "Pyua" (Japanese for "angel",) and tells Bardock that if he could beat him in a fight that he would share with Bardock the secret to reaching his full potential and help him get out of hell and make a difference in the universe. Bardock initially laughs off the thought of someone so frail looking issuing him any type of challenge, much less a fight. Pyua answers Bardock's cynicism with a light 2 finger tap on the forehead that leaves him completely immobilized for several seconds. Pyua takes his turn to laugh and mocks Bardock's naivety. As he's freed from paralysis, Bardock abruptly agrees to train with Pyua. In a nutshell the next 27 years go by with Pyua breaking Bardock down to nothing and rebuilding him into a force that would rival that of the son he never met. Bardock became a super saiyan by year 10, by year 18 he broke through every power barrier imaginable to attain a perpetual super saiyan form, meaning that the transformation became permanent and that he could sustain it and retain it with no effort as long as he had his body. In year 27, Bardock was granted access to snake way, years after his own son made the same trip up the winding, endless path to King Kai's planet. After months of journeying, coming across ruins of a once splendid snake palace along the way, Bardock is confronted by Pyua once he is within sight of King Kai's. Pyua transforms into an angel with attire similar to Whis and reveals his true identity to Bardock before making him an offer to be the next God of Destruction.

*More to come*