How Toei Animation Should Have Made Dragon Ball GT

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: How Toei Animation Should Have Made Dragon Ball GT

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:55 am

They should've waited a few years after Z as that would've given them time to throw around ideas which may have resulted in a better product.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:13 am

sintzu wrote:They should've waited a few years after Z as that would've given them time to throw around ideas which may have resulted in a better product.
I just watched MasakoX's new video when he suggested Super doing a few month breather after the movie to bounce ideas off of each other for a few months

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 am

shadowmaria wrote:
sintzu wrote:They should've waited a few years after Z as that would've given them time to throw around ideas which may have resulted in a better product.
I just watched MasakoX's new video when he suggested Super doing a few month breather after the movie to bounce ideas off of each other for a few months
They'll be able to do that and more with this break they're taking. I know it'll suck not to have super for the rest of the year and maybe part of 2019 but I'm sure this will result in a very strong product once it returns as no one's rushed to come up with story ideas.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:10 am

sintzu wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
They'll be able to do that and more with this break they're taking. I know it'll suck not to have super for the rest of the year and maybe part of 2019 but I'm sure this will result in a very strong product once it returns as no one's rushed to come up with story ideas.
True, that's very true

Did you enjoy this video? :thumbup:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:50 am

shadowmaria wrote:Did you enjoy this video? :thumbup:
I didn't watch it past him saying they should've left Goku as a kid and the first arc as is because that's what most likely killed GT.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 am

sintzu wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Did you enjoy this video? :thumbup:
I didn't watch it past him saying they should've left Goku as a kid and the first arc as is because that's what most likely killed GT.
Sounds like you didn't give it enough of a watch to learn his whole perspective :o

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:51 am

sintzu wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
With the Dragon Ball Room they could literally spend the next months brainstorming ideas for what and where to improve, where to go next, what colors and designs work better/the fans like better. They must have gotten a lot of feedback from Super thanks to the fans. Let's hope they will be able to come up with something good and that they start pre-production for a new show as soon as possible so that we get the very strong product we all wish for.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:55 pm

emperior wrote:With the Dragon Ball Room they could literally spend the next months brainstorming ideas for what and where to improve, where to go next, what colors and designs work better/the fans like better. They must have gotten a lot of feedback from Super thanks to the fans. Let's hope they will be able to come up with something good and that they start pre-production for a new show as soon as possible so that we get the very strong product we all wish for.
True, but this off-topic

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:45 am

I figure it's been long enough that I can make another post without it being considered double posting

Does anybody else have any thoughts, feedback, comments, critiques, etc.? :think:

The reason I ask is that I actually made this video. :silent:

In my experiences, people are usually more honest if they don't believe they're talking to the content creators. :problem:

This went through a lot of drafts and a lot of back and forth, cutting stuff, re-adding in stuff, changing ideas, and so on. I worked really hard to put this together, so was really hoping for honest feedback or thoughts on this little project :thumbup:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

Honestly I agree. Only thing I would change is 1) have Goten go into space with the main trio. 2) Goku becomes an adult again at the end of the Baby saga

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Honestly I agree. Only thing I would change is 1) have Goten go into space with the main trio. 2) Goku becomes an adult again at the end of the Baby saga
And have Pan become a Super Saiyan.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Honestly I agree. Only thing I would change is 1) have Goten go into space with the main trio. 2) Goku becomes an adult again at the end of the Baby saga
Thank you!

1. I struggled with this for quite some time during the drafting process. In the end, I felt that Pan's character development for a character we (as the audience) hadn't spent much time with in the franchise to date was more important to the overarching story than Goten receiving more development in later saga's. It also gave Pan the opportunity she needed to transform into a Super Saiyan.

2. I struggled with this too. I did a lot of reading and weighed up the options, but in the end determined (as I said) that the consequences of the establishing conflict needed to be present. Also, my understanding is that the wish of a lower Dragon (such as Shenron or Porunga) wouldn't be able to overwrite the magic of Ultimate Shenron, which means there would be no way to return Goku to his adult body without using the Black Star Dragon Ball's.
Jackalope89 wrote:And have Pan become a Super Saiyan.
My biggest pet peeve with GT aside from the lack of Gotenks. Thankfully, I was able to incorporate both

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:45 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Thank you!

1. I struggled with this for quite some time during the drafting process. In the end, I felt that Pan's character development for a character we (as the audience) hadn't spent much time with in the franchise to date was more important to the overarching story than Goten receiving more development in later saga's. It also gave Pan the opportunity she needed to transform into a Super Saiyan.

2. I struggled with this too. I did a lot of reading and weighed up the options, but in the end determined (as I said) that the consequences of the establishing conflict needed to be present. Also, my understanding is that the wish of a lower Dragon (such as Shenron or Porunga) wouldn't be able to overwrite the magic of Ultimate Shenron, which means there would be no way to return Goku to his adult body without using the Black Star Dragon Ball's.
Jackalope89 wrote:And have Pan become a Super Saiyan.
My biggest pet peeve with GT aside from the lack of Gotenks. Thankfully, I was able to incorporate both
I think that Goku staying as a kid really wasn't that interesting for me to watch. It started to make lose interest in show. I still finished it but it was not as funny as watching Dragon Ball, Z, or even Super. (Though I think that Super is much better than people give it credit for.)
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.