"Dragon Ball: El manga legendario" Translation (15/50)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dagon
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball: El manga legendario" Translation (15/50)

Post by Dagon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:51 am

Nafno wrote:
Dagon wrote:Is it ok for me to revive this thread?
I'm interested in a translation from a native Spanish speaker such as yourself. I can use Google Translate but it is not always accurate. I hope you continue translating this.
Hi.

Thanks for being interested in this project. The hiatus is due to two reasons:

1. I despise spoilers. I love enjoying narrative without knowing a thing. Nowadays, society seems to think otherwise and they shove any minimal detail up your *ss, so avoiding spoilers is VERY HARD. That is why, since Broly's first trailer was released, I entered full bunker mode and I don't see Dragon Ball nor anime related media. I am here because a friend told me about your message.

2. My job has taken most of my time lately, which would have slowed down my translation, but not completely stopped it.

So, as soon as I manage to see the film (and sadly I don't know when will that be, considering that there's no official release date in Spain, and we can't even say for sure that is going to be released on theaters) I will come back with more translations.
I understand your reasons. However, if you have seen all of the Dragon Ball, Z, and DB Super series up to now, El Manga Legendario would not spoil anything from the new Broly movie.
I found an online copy of the whole El Manga Legendario so I can use Google Translate for the time being. It seems to work well. You can take your time.
TheRed259 wrote:
Nafno wrote:As far as I know, these magazines were only released in Spanish and French
This collection has also come out in Italy and Greece.
In my searching I have only found links to scans of the Spanish version. I haven't yet found any for the other languages. I'd even buy a physical copy if I could. I'd like to compare different translations. If anyone can help me find either an online album or a way to buy them, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:38 am

Dagon wrote: I understand your reasons. However, if you have seen all of the Dragon Ball, Z, and DB Super series up to now, El Manga Legendario would not spoil anything from the new Broly movie.
That's not what I meant. What I meant is that I don't visit any Dragon Ball forum, any Dragon Ball news website, I am as careful as possible with Youtube thumbnails, and so on, in order to avoid movie spoilers.

So I haven't been visiting this forum, since at any moment someone could post here making a reference to the trailer, or having an avatar with a gif from the trailers' footage, or having a quote from them...

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 am

Nafno wrote:
Dagon wrote: I understand your reasons. However, if you have seen all of the Dragon Ball, Z, and DB Super series up to now, El Manga Legendario would not spoil anything from the new Broly movie.
That's not what I meant. What I meant is that I don't visit any Dragon Ball forum, any Dragon Ball news website, I am as careful as possible with Youtube thumbnails, and so on, in order to avoid movie spoilers.

So I haven't been visiting this forum, since at any moment someone could post here making a reference to the trailer, or having an avatar with a gif from the trailers' footage, or having a quote from them...
In that case I understand. Even Toei themselves spoil Dragon Ball incessantly. Toei would give away almost everything because they don't care about spoilers either. I hope you avoid spoilers!