[WIP] Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Re: [WIP] Dragon Ball Kai The Final Chapters Kikuchi Revival

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Alright guys I have completed episodes 141, 142, 143, 144, and 145 and I will be uploading them right now
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:24 pm

Alright guys episodes 141, 142, 143, 144, and 145 have been uploaded and can now be downloaded as of 3/15/18

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Alright guys I'm releasing 146, 147, 148, 149 sometime this week because there are sfx that are really quiet so I will be remaking those sfx

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:51 am

Just watched the Saiyaman Saga, good work! Do you have any plans to do the rest of Kai after this, or just TFC?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:18 am

PremiumSalt wrote:Just watched the Saiyaman Saga, good work! Do you have any plans to do the rest of Kai after this, or just TFC?
OK KBABZ wanted to do a Kikuchi revival as well so I was wondering of doing a kikuchi revival with him, I do have the very first episode done because why not

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:25 am

PremiumSalt wrote:Just watched the Saiyaman Saga, good work! Do you have any plans to do the rest of Kai after this, or just TFC?
Also I'm glad that you're liking it, episodes will have to come slower though because some of the sfx are quiet as hell

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:40 pm

Episodes 146, 147, 148, 149, and 150 have been finished and I will be uploading them now, I would also like to know how I did on remaking the sfx on episode 149

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Episodes 146, 147, 148, 149, and 150 are now uploaded and can now be downloaded as of 3/23/18

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:57 am

Looking at the files I'd like to say that if you intend to continue to the first kai episodes you may want to switch over to MEGA since drive I believe only takes 15gb of space unless you pay for more, wheras Mega gives 50 for free.

By the way, have you thought of exporting the non-flac files to a different format, say AC3 or AAC? Simply because those lossy formats are higher quality and play better on stereo/surround systems.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:48 am

Diccolo-420 wrote:Looking at the files I'd like to say that if you intend to continue to the first kai episodes you may want to switch over to MEGA since drive I believe only takes 15gb of space unless you pay for more, wheras Mega gives 50 for free.

By the way, have you thought of exporting the non-flac files to a different format, say AC3 or AAC? Simply because those lossy formats are higher quality and play better on stereo/surround systems.
Yeah I was thinking of going to mega instead because it looks organized to me, I'll give a shot to ac3 and re render the files today, looks like I have a lot of work to do

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:31 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:Looking at the files I'd like to say that if you intend to continue to the first kai episodes you may want to switch over to MEGA since drive I believe only takes 15gb of space unless you pay for more, wheras Mega gives 50 for free.

Yeah I was thinking of going to mega instead because it looks organized to me, I'll give a shot to ac3 and re render the files today, looks like I have a lot of work to do
No rush, for AC3 I recommend 320 kpbs because that quality is pretty much seamless to what is used regularly, plus it's about the same size of the files you're uploading now.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:

No rush, for AC3 I recommend 320 kpbs because that quality is pretty much seamless to what is used regularly, plus it's about the same size of the files you're uploading now.
So I'm rendering to ac3 on sony vegas but it is only giving me 196kbps and that is the only bit rate that it gives me but I can render mp3 in 320 kbps so I'm deciding whether I should render in ac3 still

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:03 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:
So I'm rendering to ac3 on sony vegas but it is only giving me 196kbps and that is the only bit rate that it gives me but I can render mp3 in 320 kbps so I'm deciding whether I should render in ac3 still
Hmm that's strange. In that case you might want to stick with mp3, unless it offers it in AAC as well.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
Hmm that's strange. In that case you might want to stick with mp3, unless it offers it in AAC as well.
It doesn't give me the option to AAC so I guess Ill go back to 320 kbps mp3 but I will also have FLAC for those who want that higher bitrate though

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:
It doesn't give me the option to AAC so I guess Ill go back to 320 kbps mp3 but I will also have FLAC for those who want that higher bitrate though
Yeah flac is easy enough to convert aac/ac3 through audacity

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 pm

I made episode 88 for the hell of it but it isn't complete if anyone wants to check it out it can be downloaded

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Well I decided to make the very first episode of DBZ Kai, I'm seriously considering doing the first 98 episodes but there are many tracks from dragon ball that are unreleased and I don't know if you guys would be okay with substitutes

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:Well I decided to make the very first episode of DBZ Kai, I'm seriously considering doing the first 98 episodes but there are many tracks from dragon ball that are unreleased and I don't know if you guys would be okay with substitutes
Try finding the unreleased files on youtube and download them via jdownloader 2.

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:15 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:Well I decided to make the very first episode of DBZ Kai, I'm seriously considering doing the first 98 episodes but there are many tracks from dragon ball that are unreleased and I don't know if you guys would be okay with substitutes
Try finding the unreleased files on youtube and download them via jdownloader 2.
I have a few unreleased dragon ball bgm but I have a lot of the unreleased dbz movie bgms

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Either way ,since kai is edited differently you probably will have to make changes, and that's ok because no score is perfect and it can always be improved, whether on tracks being repetitive or whether a better bgm fits the scene, let alone how kai moves faster and moves frames around.