Dragon Ball Super(Rewritten)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soul Breaker

Dragon Ball Super(Rewritten)

Post by Soul Breaker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 am

I notice a lot of people else where complain about the way Super is written from pure storytelling to Power Scaling. I've created my own version, what's yours?

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super(Rewritten)

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Can you give a little more detailed as to your rewritten version?

I would make SSGod more prevalent throughout the early episodes.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 am

Well I haven't seen the US arc but

- There is no Super Saiyan Blue, Royal Blue, Rage. There is no "absorbed SSG base form".

- At "My Bulma!" Vegeta enters a sort of powered up SSJ2, let's call it SSJ2+, with more violent lightning.

- When Goku's SSG wears off against Beerus, he loses most of the power but is remarked to be doing a lot better than he did before getting the power up. He taps into the SSG power again for a second to prevent the Earth being destroyed, like he did in the movie.

- RoF might not even happen. The only reason to have it is to power up Freeza so he can come back later, and the U6 tournament is a great natural continuation of Goku and Vegeta beginning to train with Champa.

- Caulifla tajes Cabba's place in the U6 tournament, and is already a Super Saiyan. She's Universe 6's equivalent to Goku, the first Super Saiyan of the generation, in the same way the Frost is Freeza's counterpart. While Goku and Freeza were predestined enemies, Caulifla and Frost are partners and famous heroes. Freeza was the evil Emperor of Universe 7, Frost is the (outwardly) benevolent President of Universe 6.

- When we see Universe 6's ruined Earth, it has the same land structures as real life Earth. The implications of that are pretty clear. While Universe 7 is a universe of simple good and evil, Universe 6 is a murkier universe ruled by a corrupt politician with a false media image who sets up his own enemies. The implications are still clear.

- Goku and Vegeta are still using only their base and SSJ forms. After fighting Caulifla as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta shows her SSJ2/SSJ2+ and defeats her.

- During Goku's fight with Hit, where he originally revealed SSB+Kaioken, here he reveals he can now turn Super Saiyan God at will and starts stomping, even being immune to time leap, until Hit improves even further and begins using time leap within time leap.

- After the tournament and hearing about the possibility of an all-universe tournament, Champa asks Caulifla to train more Saiyans, and she selects Cabba and Kale as her students.

- When Trunks returns from the future, he shows Goku he can use SSJ2+ like Vegeta did earlier. Instead of rage, he just accesses a sort of SSJ2++.

- There are only 2, not 3, trips to the future. Going backwards and forwards so many times was really unnecessary and undervalues the whole thing.

- Rose is Black's equivalent of SSG. The second time Vegeta fights him, he reveals he can now also turn SSG. Vegeta and Goku are now equal until Goku gets UI.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Fizzer wrote:Well I haven't seen the US arc but

- There is no Super Saiyan Blue, Royal Blue, Rage. There is no "absorbed SSG base form".

- At "My Bulma!" Vegeta enters a sort of powered up SSJ2, let's call it SSJ2+, with more violent lightning.

- When Goku's SSG wears off against Beerus, he loses most of the power but is remarked to be doing a lot better than he did before getting the power up. He taps into the SSG power again for a second to prevent the Earth being destroyed, like he did in the movie.

- RoF might not even happen. The only reason to have it is to power up Freeza so he can come back later, and the U6 tournament is a great natural continuation of Goku and Vegeta beginning to train with Champa.

- Caulifla tajes Cabba's place in the U6 tournament, and is already a Super Saiyan. She's Universe 6's equivalent to Goku, the first Super Saiyan of the generation, in the same way the Frost is Freeza's counterpart. While Goku and Freeza were predestined enemies, Caulifla and Frost are partners and famous heroes. Freeza was the evil Emperor of Universe 7, Frost is the (outwardly) benevolent President of Universe 6.

- When we see Universe 6's ruined Earth, it has the same land structures as real life Earth. The implications of that are pretty clear. While Universe 7 is a universe of simple good and evil, Universe 6 is a murkier universe ruled by a corrupt politician with a false media image who sets up his own enemies. The implications are still clear.

- Goku and Vegeta are still using only their base and SSJ forms. After fighting Caulifla as a Super Saiyan, Vegeta shows her SSJ2/SSJ2+ and defeats her.

- During Goku's fight with Hit, where he originally revealed SSB+Kaioken, here he reveals he can now turn Super Saiyan God at will and starts stomping, even being immune to time leap, until Hit improves even further and begins using time leap within time leap.

- After the tournament and hearing about the possibility of an all-universe tournament, Champa asks Caulifla to train more Saiyans, and she selects Cabba and Kale as her students.

- When Trunks returns from the future, he shows Goku he can use SSJ2+ like Vegeta did earlier. Instead of rage, he just accesses a sort of SSJ2++.

- There are only 2, not 3, trips to the future. Going backwards and forwards so many times was really unnecessary and undervalues the whole thing.

- Rose is Black's equivalent of SSG. The second time Vegeta fights him, he reveals he can now also turn SSG. Vegeta and Goku are now equal until Goku gets UI.
- The incredible stakes of the Universe Survival arc should be done justice. I'd rather see something like an arena with a ten-mile radius and more features, or even an entire small planet for the arena, for a Hunger Games-esque tactical aspect and some really dynamic battles. The gods can watch everything that's happening because god reasons. The no killing rule should be removed, there should be extensive visible battle damage and a lot of drama. This should be a desperate battle for survival. I'm not against the light-hearted tone of the BoG and U6 arcs, but this isn't the time for that.

And some overall changes:

- Characters would continue to age as they always did before. Goten and Trunks should be approaching their EoZ appearances at this point.

- Characters would also have more variety in their outfits and (where applicable) hairstyles to show that time is actually progressing.

- More battle damage in general.

(My edit window has gone and I wanted to add these other points)