U7 vs U11 Staredown/Goku powering up to SSB in Jiren's face with Bruce Falconer soundtrack. SO MUCH MORE EPIC!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

U7 vs U11 Staredown/Goku powering up to SSB in Jiren's face with Bruce Falconer soundtrack. SO MUCH MORE EPIC!

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 am

https://youtu.be/kSrDL4uA3V4

People have such fond memories of growing up watching english DBZ with the Falconer soundtrack.

The Falconer soundtrack was so epic and really was the perfect missing piece to epic DBZ.

You had the works of 2 geniuses coming together, Toryiama and Falconer. It was literally perfect

People dont realise how important music is. Music is everything. Sets the tone/atmosphere/adds emph

My point is when you rewatch Super scenes with the Falconer soundtrack, Super literally becomes epic classic DBZ. Its exactly like your watching classic DBZ.

Watch that scene and tell me it isnt so much more epic with the Falcomer soundtrack

I'm now convinced that that missing piece has always been the Falconer music

Dont get me wrong, Super has had some memorable scores and has had much better music then Dragon Ball and Japanese DBZ......

But theres something incredible about the epic guitar riffs, synthesizer sounds, and voice modular sounds of Falconer's scores(that focused 100% on melody) that matched Dragon Ball so perfectly and took DBZ to a whole other level

The only scores in Super that give me chills like the Falconer soundtrack, are Jirens theme and the ultimate battle theme

While other scores in Super may sound "too classical" sounding imo

The WORST score ever in a Dragon Ball franchise was 100% Kai...those 1940s sounding horns were awful...Kai had such boring plain music that wasnt melodic at all

Super has 100% had a far superior score and soundtrack....but as you can see from the video I posted, nothing can beat that Falconer soundtrack. Something AS EPIC as Super needs the epic melodies to match

Would be awesome if Falconer scored the english dub of the torunament of power....imagine all those epic scenes with the epic music to match?

However they should still keep Jiren's theme and the ultimate batle theme...those are legit amazing and both always add a lot to Super every time they play - to either set the tone or give a scene that much more emph

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Re: U7 vs U11 Staredown/Goku powering up to SSB in Jiren's face with Bruce Falconer soundtrack. SO MUCH MORE EPIC!

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 am

Anyone have some favorites themes from Facloner's soundtrack or even from Super's soundtrack

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: U7 vs U11 Staredown/Goku powering up to SSB in Jiren's face with Bruce Falconer soundtrack. SO MUCH MORE EPIC!

Post by Asura » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:09 pm

It fit nicely, but Faulconer’s synth music just feels far outdated for 2018, and I think Sumitomo has done an amazing job with the soundtrack for this tournament, so I wouldn’t want to replace him with anyone right now.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Asura wrote:It fit nicely, but Faulconer’s synth music just feels far outdated for 2018, and I think Sumitomo has done an amazing job with the soundtrack for this tournament, so I wouldn’t want to replace him with anyone right now.
Jiren's theme and Ultimate battle theme are amazing. But other then that, the soundtrack isn't consistently memorable imo. Nothing beats the Falconer soundtrack. It just fits Dragon Ball so much better. It really adds so much more. That scene is perfect. When it first came out, it was epic on its own without doubt...but the Falconer soundtrack just kicks it up a notch

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Man that fit so well. Love it. Besides like 2 or 3 themes the Sumitomo score is just so bland.

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:40 pm

I like faulconer but I disagree completely. Sumitomo's tracks have been consistently fantastic since the U6 saga, and even some in the golden frieza saga. Faulconer feels utterly out of place in Super due to the difference in style, whereas it's great in Z.
Dbzfan94 wrote:Man that fit so well. Love it. Besides like 2 or 3 themes the Sumitomo score is just so bland.
LMFAO

So of the following:
Desparate Assault
Ultimate Battle
Clash of the Gods
Genki Dama
Limit Break X Survivor
Blue Super Saiyan
Birth of a God
Golden Frieza
Dystopian Future
The Terror of Frieza's Army
The Mysterious Duo
Unbreakable Determination
Super Saiyan Three

Only 2 or 3 of those aren't bland? And those are just the ones I have off the top of my head.

You have the right to your opinion, but to say the music is bland when you have a huge variation of both score, emotion, intensity, and instrument is somewhat laughable

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Note that this thread was moved to the "Fan-Created Works" sub-section.

I, too, find Sumitomo's score entirely "bland". I don't find his compositions particularly intricate, I don't care for the actual instrumentation behind them, and the overall tone of music before and during the Universe Survival arc has missed the Dragon Ball boat by a wide margin in my opinion. I don't hear Dragon Ball when I watch Dragon Ball Super. It sounds as foreign and lifeless to me as the American replacement score.

Additionally, I'd just like to challenge any and all Faulconer Productions replacement score fans to please, please, please find another word besides "epic" to use. It has lost all meaning when every single person says it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
Ultimate Battle
Genki Dama
Limit Break X Survivor
Blacks Theme
Birth of a God
Recap

You have the right to your opinion, but to say the music is bland when you have a huge variation of both score, emotion, intensity, and instrument is somewhat laughable
Excuse me? I have no interest in the score besides the ones listed above. It's very forgettable to me except for those. And no, my opinion is not laughable anymore than someone saying the Faulconer or Kikuchi score is terrible. The opening and an insert song doesnt even count either, but I left them there.

This could be because I have no interest in DBS as a whole, but to laugh off someones opinion like tht because it differs from yours is pretty immature.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 am

VegettoEX wrote:Note that this thread was moved to the "Fan-Created Works" sub-section.

I, too, find Sumitomo's score entirely "bland". I don't find his compositions particularly intricate, I don't care for the actual instrumentation behind them, and the overall tone of music before and during the Universe Survival arc has missed the Dragon Ball boat by a wide margin in my opinion. I don't hear Dragon Ball when I watch Dragon Ball Super. It sounds as foreign and lifeless to me as the American replacement score.

Additionally, I'd just like to challenge any and all Faulconer Productions replacement score fans to please, please, please find another word besides "epic" to use. It has lost all meaning when every single person says it.
It pobably does get annoying hearing the word epic all the time lol. Sorry lol. But honestly theres no better word to describe Falconer's soundtrack

I will give it a shot though lol: )

Uptempo, high energy, very melodic

And one thing that doesnt get brought up enough, Falconer's scores always did a fantatsic job of conveying the emotion the scene was going for - and just taking everything to another level etc

I'm a music producer, so I really appreciate great melody and everything Falconer was going for

Falconer's use of guitar riffs with all kinds of synthesizer sounds and voice modular sounds really created something awesome, different for "TV production", something very melodic, and something just very fitting for Dragon Ball Z - or at least something always giving DBZ that extra emph

On another note, what was the score playing during tonights episode (127) durring the 3 way battle? I actually really liked it. It sounded modern and was melodic.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:53 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
Ultimate Battle
Genki Dama
Limit Break X Survivor
Blacks Theme
Birth of a God
Recap

Excuse me? I have no interest in the score besides the ones listed above. It's very forgettable to me except for those. And no, my opinion is not laughable anymore than someone saying the Faulconer or Kikuchi score is terrible. The opening and an insert song doesnt even count either, but I left them there.

This could be because I have no interest in DBS as a whole, but to laugh off someones opinion like tht because it differs from yours is pretty immature.
Good post