Asking For Direct Help To Finish DBZ Re-cut

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spyro Chris

Asking For Direct Help To Finish DBZ Re-cut

Post by Spyro Chris » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:17 am

Hello, everyone. As the title says, I've been working hard on a DBZ Re-cut this past month. I've been cutting out all the fillers (or at least as many as I possibly can) to create a manga-like experience that surpasses Kai. If you are a fan of the original Japanese score in its entirety, that is.

However, I've ran into a snag. It seems that I am unable to merge episodes together, first of all. And secondly, since I am a complete amateur, there are some episodes that need fine-tuning.

Here's where you come in: is there any good soul out there who can directly help me with the project? Obviously I am not asking for a profit. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and it started as a project for my own personal use, but I saw some people out there wanted it. If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details. Thank you for your time!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Asking For Direct Help To Finish DBZ Re-cut

Post by sangofe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Spyro Chris wrote:Hello, everyone. As the title says, I've been working hard on a DBZ Re-cut this past month. I've been cutting out all the fillers (or at least as many as I possibly can) to create a manga-like experience that surpasses Kai. If you are a fan of the original Japanese score in its entirety, that is.

However, I've ran into a snag. It seems that I am unable to merge episodes together, first of all. And secondly, since I am a complete amateur, there are some episodes that need fine-tuning.

Here's where you come in: is there any good soul out there who can directly help me with the project? Obviously I am not asking for a profit. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and it started as a project for my own personal use, but I saw some people out there wanted it. If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details. Thank you for your time!
Are you recutting the japanese version?

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am

My source material is the Dragon Box version (at least that's what I think, given the image quality), which includes double audio (Japanese and English, with the ability to switch on the fly). It has the original Japanese broadcast audio synced on top of it, which results in far superior audio quality than the original Dragon Box version.

Here's an example of what I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLBEzJQU9M

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:36 am

You appear to be working with pirated material and have limited technical knowledge about how to actually go about working with said material. My personal advice would be to learn the basics of video and audio editing before committing to any kind of significant, announced fan-project. Until then, I'm not entirely sure what it even is you'd be able to ask for "help" with in completing your project when you don't know what you don't know.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am

I'll just keep it as a personal project then. I don't see how it matters if it's pirated or not, since I haven't sent any links to anyone and the audio is objectively far superior than any official home release, which is what I am interested in, whether it's pirated or not.

As I said, the main problem is merging episodes together, which is why I asked for help. In any case, I guess this was not the place to ask for help about this. You can go ahead and delete the thread.
Last edited by Spyro Chris on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 am

I mention pirated material for a variety of reasons. For starters, when you work directly with material that you own, you can guarantee that you're working with what you believe to be what you're working with, and have more options of transcoding losslessly between formats if that integrity is something you're looking to do; pirated material is almost invariably going to be re-encoded by the time you receive it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:50 am

That 120GB torrent is currently the only way to have the original Japanese broadcast audio. If Toei somehow released an official version with this audio quality on DBZ, then I would buy and work on that. I've already uploaded a few episodes (which I will not share the links to, publicly) for people to give me their opinions on them and why not, directly compare them to the official material.

In other words, I went the pirated way simply because of the audio quality. No other reason, really. It's sad that Toei hasn't released/isn't interested on releasing such a high quality audio official version of DBZ.

Note: I am currently on episode 65.