A look back at the outstanding writing of Episode 128. The battle of Ideologies. Discussion/Analysis

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: A look back at the outstanding writing of Episode 128. The battle of Ideologies. Discussion/Analysis

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 pm

That's one of the worst videos I've ever seen. Over analytical garbage that reaches so incredibly far to try and find some deeper meaning behind the atrocious writing and paper thin tropes present in the arc.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Re: A look back at the outstanding writing of Episode 128. The battle of Ideologies. Discussion/Analysis

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Really good video. Enjoy: )

https://youtu.be/XnWwc2oHV_Q

128 was trash. Toshio dropped the ball, hence he got destroyed on Twitter and rightfully so.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:18 pm

supersaiyanZero wrote:That's one of the worst videos I've ever seen. Over analytical garbage that reaches so incredibly far to try and find some deeper meaning behind the atrocious writing and paper thin tropes present in the arc.

Goodness. Mods can we please do something about toxic posters like this guy (and others like shuby) who aren't even here to discuss, but just spew toxic negativity in an attempt to try and shut down any healthy debate.
MajinVegetaPD wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Really good video. Enjoy: )

https://youtu.be/XnWwc2oHV_Q

128 was trash. Toshio dropped the ball, hence he got destroyed on Twitter and rightfully so.
Try actually watching the video maybe?

Is this what things have come down to?

A great video offering actual intelligent analysis, and the only responses are legit troll like responses

"nope. 128 was thrash. Toshio sucks"...."Super sucks so there can't be any deeper discussion about it"

Where are the mods? Toxic negative behavior is allowed but anyone saying Suoer is great isn't?

The fact you are cheering about Toshio being attacked on Twitter just because your fav charcater Vegeta got eliminated shows how awful Vegeta fans are. Worst fanbase ever.

And btw, the vast majority of the responses were thanking Toshio, praising him, and calling 128 a fantastic episode....

In fact the Vegeta fanboys who were attacking him were absolutely mocked and thrashed for their pathetic behavior toward Toshio just because Vegeta was eliminated

The tweet calling Vegeta fans the worst or most annoying got well over 300 likes

It's a case of the vocal minority being loudest and most irrational, but the silent majority being far greater/rational

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:21 pm

If you ask for opinions on a piece of fan-created commentary/critique external to this website, you need to be able to accept what you receive back.

Furthermore, this is in fact a fan-created work, and does not belong here if you are not willing to actually add any substance/content of your own. A link in and of itself to a fan-created work belongs in the appropriate sub-section, which is where this will be moved.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm

Btw youtube videos belong in fanfic section at best.
Edit:VegettoEX has already warned.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If you ask for opinions on a piece of fan-created commentary/critique external to this website, you need to be able to accept what you receive back.

Furthermore, this is in fact a fan-created work, and does not belong here if you are not willing to actually add any substance/content of your own. A link in and of itself to a fan-created work belongs in the appropriate sub-section, which is where this will be moved.
Except they aren't willing to listen to any positive opinions about Super.

I thought healthy debate was encouraged?

Yet the responses are out right... "nope. Toshio sucks. Super sucks"

How is that healthy debate?

What insane double standards. Only negative toxic opinions are tolerated and protected.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:29 pm

It should go both ways.

The same way you say that we have to accept hateful and toxic responses, they should be forced to accept positive opinions and not just be able to brush it off as "you are an apologist"

Why is the toxicity not only allowed but encouraged? It's clear there's some kind of agenda going on.

It's ok to shoot down positive opinions about Super YET negative toxic opinions about Super can never be challenged and must be accepted

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Your responses about moderation are consistently cherry-picked and do not reflect actual account moderation/administration done both openly and behind-the-scenes. You, yourself, receive consistent warnings and account strikes and do not appear to earnestly want healthy conversation; rather, you take issue with any comment that does not reflect what your opening agenda is.

There is a common denominator here.

That is not to say that other responses are not equally unacceptable, but that you refuse to take any responsibility for your own failures in communication (antagonistic behavior, stubborn responses, needless double-posts, etc.) speaks volumes. We simply do not have the capacity to deal with this kind of behavior.

Please review the community guidelines. Toxic behavior is indeed dealt with for the overall betterment of the community.

There was never an attempt to add content of value from the opening post, and as such this thread is now closed.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:34 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Your responses about moderation are consistently cherry-picked and do not reflect actual account moderation/administration done both openly and behind-the-scenes. You, yourself, receive consistent warnings and account strikes and do not appear to earnestly want healthy conversation; rather, you take issue with any comment that does not reflect what your opening agenda is.

There is a common denominator here.

That is not to say that other responses are not equally unacceptable, but that you refuse to take any responsibility for your own failures in communication (antagonistic behavior, stubborn responses, needless double-posts, etc.) speaks volumes. We simply do not have the capacity to deal with this kind of behavior.

Please review the community guidelines. Toxic behavior is indeed dealt with for the overall betterment of the community.
I never ever received a warning from any other mod

You are the ONLY one who's ever given me warnings. And that says it all. From the start you had an agenda against me, and never gave me a fair shake. Just because I don't like the same characters you do and have different opinions to you.

Ajay doesnt have problem with me. Herms doesnt have a problem with me. Youre the only one who's ever had a problem with me. I've never done anything. You consistently try to pick on me

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:Just because I don't like the same characters you do and have different opinions to you.
This user managed to sneak in a post before the thread was locked.

Let it be clear that any scenario in which a user believes or reports that they are targeted for opinions on characters, story arcs, writing styles, animation preferences, etc. is entirely fictional and does not exist in reality. Moderation and administration of accounts (including free warnings, formal account strikes, and account bans) are conducted exclusively based on member behavior in line with the word and spirit of our community guidelines.