Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Geekdom101 : he's a reliable source for news and facts.

Teamfourstar : i enjoy their Dragon Ball abridged series and their gaming videos (they're hilarious)

Rhymestyle : i watch his dokkan battle videos.

Mistarefusion : probably the best dragon ball youtuber.

MasakoX : i love his bad fanfiction series.

Animeajay : i enjoy his animation breakdowns.
My English is poor .

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Geekdoom seems to make good videos but he only focuses on the English side of things so pretty irrelevant to me. Why would I watch a video about the Faulconer score, for example? Yep.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:42 pm

I used to be subscribed to Ajay but I found his intro's to be super cringey like I never signed up for some stupid skit channel, I don't like this silly meme culture in DB at all so, though if is video pops up in a recommend I sometimes check them out, skipping the first minute. I don't like how Geekdom's video are essentially him talking in front of a still, at least others make their video's visually appealing.

I am subscribed to a bunch of foreign DB channels though, all merch related, Marty Japan is the only one I remember off the top, he is pretty great even though I do not understand anything I get the jist of the reviews, and he gets reviews out pretty quick!

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:19 pm

They all annoy me in different ways. If TFS counts then DBAbridged is the only show I watch, I avoid all their non DBA content and channels

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:31 pm

OLKv3 wrote:They all annoy me in different ways. If TFS counts then DBAbridged is the only show I watch, I avoid all their non DBA content and channels
TFS said that their version of Episode 184 will only be released at the year of the year or somewhere around that, which is a shame because I'd really like to see their own interpretation of Gohan SSJ2's scene. That's it, I'd not care for anything else.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:23 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:They all annoy me in different ways. If TFS counts then DBAbridged is the only show I watch, I avoid all their non DBA content and channels
TFS said that their version of Episode 184 will only be released at the year of the year or somewhere around that, which is a shame because I'd really like to see their own interpretation of Gohan SSJ2's scene. That's it, I'd not care for anything else.
That's unfortunate. I guess it really is the end of DBZA

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 pm

*at the end of the year

But you know what I meant. TFS is becoming official and all that now.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:35 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:Geekdoom seems to make good videos but he only focuses on the English side of things so pretty irrelevant to me. Why would I watch a video about the Faulconer score, for example? Yep.
huh?

Ajay, Lance and I are the only dudes on Youtube who always refer to the Japanese version every single time including using Japanese terms.

Que?
Last edited by Geekdom101 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:36 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't like how Geekdom's video are essentially him talking in front of a still, at least others make their video's visually appealing.
Literally 75% of my content is heavily edited (I have two editors who help too). Maybe you should watch more of it before saying things like this. Thanks

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 am

Animeajay : The number-one DB animation youtuber, his videos are always incredibly interesting.

Geekdom101 : Even though I don't really like the guy's personality, he is the number-one source of information in the DB fandom.

TeamFourStar : The number-one source of fun in the DB fandom.

MastarMedia : Horrible, arrogant guy IMO. He thinks he's the best fan-animator in the fandom even though 99% of his work is traced.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 pm

Firebolt wrote:Animeajay : The number-one DB animation youtuber, his videos are always incredibly interesting.

Geekdom101 : Even though I don't really like the guy's personality, he is the number-one source of information in the DB fandom.

TeamFourStar : The number-one source of fun in the DB fandom.

MastarMedia : Horrible, arrogant guy IMO. He thinks he's the best fan-animator in the fandom even though 99% of his work is traced.
Thanks for the kind words. You'll like me if you get to know me. A lot of my public personality is just me doing fake 80s pro wrestling jokes.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:42 pm

sorry double post - browser froze - my bad.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:45 pm

I appreciate the YT's as it gives me inspiration and provides me with great enjoyment, especially as someone slowly (slowly) developing an online profile (see my signature for reference)

Though I mainly watch MasakoX for his reviews and analysis' and Geekdom for his WWE spoilers and his musings on possible or previous events in DB media.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 am

I honestly haven't watched WWE (or pro-wrestling in general) since shortly after they consolidated the WCW.

Let that sink in.

I will say, I'm amazed some wrestlers, like Undertaker are still going at it, but yeah.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Didn't someone make a thread like this before? And then it got locked? I feel like there was some reason for keeping it that way.

Anyway, uhh...what DB youtubers do I subscribe to? Geekdom, Ajay, MistareFusion, Zeon, Qaaman, Blackenfist, ZeeHallums and MJxTV.

...huh. That's quite a lot when you add all that up.

In terms of pure content, the people I think I get most excited to see videos from are Zeon and MistareFusion. Well, not as much their 'critical' videos, just because watching videos where they're talking about how they dislike something I get enjoyment out of isn't exactly my cup of tea. You know, I don't really feel like going out of my way to watch content explaining why something I do enjoy is awful. That's probably what's stopped me from watching a lot of Dragon Ball Super content-related videos, to be honest. But they have interesting opinions and I never really feel like their points are nitpicking or biased or unintelligent.

Geekdom has some really interesting videos when he covers obscure topics or gets historical, although I think I'm far behind on the backlog for his stuff. I watch Qaaman, Blackenfist and MJ occasionally if they have a topic that sounds interesting. Ajay can get my award for 'most watchable DB Youtuber'. In that he provides the info, doesn't side-track too much, doesn't try to push his opinions onto everyone else, scripts things well and has really good production quality. And Zee makes DB music-related videos, which is a cool little niche that I'd want to see more of.

There's probably more people I like that I'm not subscribed to and can't think of, so don't consider this definitive.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:15 pm

I watch TeamFourStar since the year 2010 and have greatly enjoyed their abridged series. Not much to say what hasn't been said other than entertaining.

AnimeAjay is a great listen. I like hearing talk about production and art critique of the animation and earing about the technical stuff that goes into the art of anime has taught me a lot.

Geekdom101's myth debunking as well as history vids have been informative. The first time I came across Geekdom101 was by chance when I came across a video about Battle of Gods, debunking that Freeza killed the Saiyans on Beerus' orders, while in fact Freeza got to them before Freeza did. After watching several more vids such as talk of the Big Green Dub, he's been on my list of subscribed youtubers.

MasakoX's WhatIfs are fun. What If scenarios are actually fun in general.

I used to watch the Dragonball Dissection videos for a while but I stopped watching it a year ago.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm

MonkeyKing16 wrote:I watch TeamFourStar since the year 2010 and have greatly enjoyed their abridged series. Not much to say what hasn't been said other than entertaining.

AnimeAjay is a great listen. I like hearing talk about production and art critique of the animation and earing about the technical stuff that goes into the art of anime has taught me a lot.

Geekdom101's myth debunking as well as history vids have been informative. The first time I came across Geekdom101 was by chance when I came across a video about Battle of Gods, debunking that Freeza killed the Saiyans on Beerus' orders, while in fact Freeza got to them before Freeza did. After watching several more vids such as talk of the Big Green Dub, he's been on my list of subscribed youtubers.

MasakoX's WhatIfs are fun. What If scenarios are actually fun in general.

I used to watch the Dragonball Dissection videos for a while but I stopped watching it a year ago.
Unless you've seen those very what-if scenarios multiple times on fanfiction.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:36 pm

My favourites are :(in no particular order):
Anime Ajay: he's the number 1 when it comes to animation and show production info

MasakoX: His reviews are the only ones I enjoy, and sometimes his What If videos are very interesting

Team Four Star: DBZA is just awesome. And their gameplays are hilarious too.

Geekdom: I don't watch him nearly as much as the others, but when I di, he always gives legit info, so he's ok in my book

Totally Not Mark: I like his editing, and the fact that he takes times to make his videos, and he always talks about interesting things.

MistareFusion: While I don't usually agree with his opinions, I really enjoy watching his dissection videos. I can see that he puts a lot of work into them

Now, the youtubers I don't like very much...

UnrealEntGaming: he just drags his videos way too much... And he pumps like 10 videos a day of just him rambling on about nonesense theories... I pity anyone who watches them in their entirety.

MJxTV: He just talks about generic stuff, dragging things out, not adding anything interesting... He's just boring

HailZeon: Don't really know why, he just comes across as an arrogant snob. I'm fine with his opinions, but the way he expresses them bothers me.

AnimeLiveReactions: Same as MJxTV, he talks about Useless stuff with no useful commentary

MastarMedia: Same as the one above, + his traged animations
Get Fucked, C_unt

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:24 pm

I'm subbed to gaffer and I normally check out TFS and TFS Gaming every couple of months.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 am

I wanna shed some spotlight on channels that I think you all should check out that have not been mentioned yet:

World King Kanji - REALLY Fun series called the FUSION CHALLENGE. Me and Herms competed recently, other people in the fandom did, where its a little game show and we compete.

ZeeHallums: Music guy. Good content and fun edits.

Prince Vegeta: The best character channel and one of the funniest out there.

MozillaVulpix has the best DBS episode reviews and TFS reactions + Precure.