Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:11 am

batistabus wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Maybe if we give it a while to let it marinate?
I didn't mean to call you out specifically. What you do seems to work for you and your audience, and what I'm looking for isn't really suited to a chapter-by-chapter hot take format. If you're asking my advice, I say keep doing what you're doing, but when the Universe Survival arc is over, re-read the whole thing in one shot and do an arc review like you do with the anime.

You know what dude, you got it. I should've done it with the damn Trunks arc.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 am

I watch Geekdom101 of course :mrgreen:

Also MasakoX I fucking love his what if my least favourite being the one with Nappa.

As for the french fandom I also watch DBTimes if some people know them and LeChefOtaku.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I watch Geekdom101 of course :mrgreen:

Also MasakoX I fucking love his what if my least favourite being the one with Nappa.

As for the french fandom I also watch DBTimes if some people know them and LeChefOtaku.
How is the fandom in the french side? I know ya'll get EVERYTHING but is there a lot of clickbait or is most of it cool

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:

How is the fandom in the french side? I know ya'll get EVERYTHING but is there a lot of clickbait or is most of it cool
How is the French fandom ? Well I think we are kind of the same as the english fandom though I'll argue we are more prone to critics due to our history we are a literary nation more than a sport nation IMO but that's just my view, also we have more conservatism about the show since we were If I am correct the first nation to see Dragon Ball after japan thanks to ABprod and the famous Club Dorothée (A TV kid show program who ran betwenn 1987 and 1997).

In France Dragon Ball began its run in 1988, dubbed in French I watched it with my older brother who already watched anime such as Grendizer or Captain Harlock, at this time there was a show who struck an whole generation during its run called Club Dorothée, this French show was phenomenal for its audiance, because between 1987 and 1997, the Club Dorothée was watched by an average of 55% of 4-14 year olds and achieved up to 60% of audience on the whole public with peaks at 86%. A record never equaled since. At its peak, the show will have up to 26 hours of air time per week and more than 40 during the school holidays, Dorothée being, moreover, the program director of the TF1 (First channel in France) Youth Unit.

Mind you that at this time there was only 6 main channel in France and that cable television where quasi nonexistant !

The show was enough popular to create controversy by how violent the show were in the political class, controversy that were shared with Fist of the North Star and Saint Seiya among another. :crazy:

Today Dragon Ball have many layer in its fandom we have:
-The hardcore only manga fan
-The Dragon Ball z fan
-The scarce Dragon Ball GT fan
-The newly Dragon Ball Super fan
And we have the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan. As for Xenoverse/FighterZ/Fusions fandom we have some fan but they are scarce too. And me in all of that I am a rarity because I love Dragon Ball as a whole, and seek to find the synthesis of this beautiful work of art

Hope my answer have satisfy your curiosity :D

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:You know what dude, you got it. I should've done it with the damn Trunks arc.
Awesome, man. Looking forward to it.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:snip
Really interesting, thanks for explaining all of that!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

How is the French fandom ? Well I think we are kind of the same as the english fandom though I'll argue we are more prone to critics due to our history we are a literary nation more than a sport nation IMO but that's just my view, also we have more conservatism about the show since we were If I am correct the first nation to see Dragon Ball after japan thanks to ABprod and the famous Club Dorothée (A TV kid show program who ran betwenn 1987 and 1997).

In France Dragon Ball began its run in 1988, dubbed in French I watched it with my older brother who already watched anime such as Grendizer or Captain Harlock, at this time there was a show who struck an whole generation during its run called Club Dorothée, this French show was phenomenal for its audiance, because between 1987 and 1997, the Club Dorothée was watched by an average of 55% of 4-14 year olds and achieved up to 60% of audience on the whole public with peaks at 86%. A record never equaled since. At its peak, the show will have up to 26 hours of air time per week and more than 40 during the school holidays, Dorothée being, moreover, the program director of the TF1 (First channel in France) Youth Unit.

Mind you that at this time there was only 6 main channel in France and that cable television where quasi nonexistant !

The show was enough popular to create controversy by how violent the show were in the political class, controversy that were shared with Fist of the North Star and Saint Seiya among another. :crazy:

Today Dragon Ball have many layer in its fandom we have:
-The hardcore only manga fan
-The Dragon Ball z fan
-The scarce Dragon Ball GT fan
-The newly Dragon Ball Super fan
And we have the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan. As for Xenoverse/FighterZ/Fusions fandom we have some fan but they are scarce too. And me in all of that I am a rarity because I love Dragon Ball as a whole, and seek to find the synthesis of this beautiful work of art

Hope my answer have satisfy your curiosity :D
Dude thank you so much for this. Its not that different at all. You should make a mini documentary or something.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am

batistabus wrote:Really interesting, thanks for explaining all of that!
Geekdom101 wrote:D[ude thank you so much for this. Its not that different at all. You should make a mini documentary or something.
Lol I don't have the skill for that, but what I can do is show that Dragon Ball have a similar fandom as Star Wars and Sonic The Hedgehog. There is so much similiraties a story of Love and Hate for the three of them.

And each fandom can be contained into section.

Exemple the Extended Star Wars univers which definct now have a similar fandom have the Sonic The Hedgehog Archie fan which mirror kinda the Xenoverse/Online/Heroes stuff.

The Original Trilogy = Dragon Ball Manga = Sonic Genesis era similar fandom here etc etc etc...

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Sat May 19, 2018 12:35 am

I never really liked dragon ball youtubers until now, Geekdom101 has some entertaining videos that I have missed out on.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Tue May 22, 2018 11:13 pm

RichardKing2 wrote:are there any Dragon ball youtubers you like in particular? or content you see from DB youtubers that you're not really a fan of?

what are your overall opinions on dragon ball youtubers? good or bad?
I like Ajay and MistareFusion, vast majority of the rest of them are clickbaity idiots who add nothing

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:28 pm

I already talked about my favourite youtubers back then, so I'm gonna say that Hail Zeon, Mozilla Vulpix, Geekdom101,Deion (SeeReax) Qaaman's land , teamfourstars, Masakox,Ssj9k and Laughingstockmedia are pretty cool thought (with the exception of teamfourstars and Ssj9k) i pretty much stopped keeping track of them since 2017 and now i only watch some of their videos from time to time (and SeeReax got boring to me once he sttoped doing his funny sketches).

Currently the ones i follow are:
Animeajay: it's thanks to him that i kinda understand how animation works now (and i still have a long way to go).
Super eye patch wolf:who i follow because he makes some interesting videos about the franchise and it's appealing (thought he's not 100% a db youtber)
Totally not Mark, whose videos i simply find pretty enjoyable.
Jaxblade: (yes i know he's not a 100% db youtuber as well but damn it he's underrated) , who i follow not only because he makes some hilarious sketches but also because he offers plenty of anime inspired workouts, that actually work.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:38 pm

I watch quite a bit of Dragon Ball YouTubers, including Geekdom101, KaggyFilms, Seereax, Ndukauba, Masako, etc. I would have to say that my two favorite YouTubers are Geekeom101 and KaggyFilms.

Honestly, I started watching Geekdom101 whenever the first few episodes of Super came out (I believe early July of 2015?) and I think his videos had a hand in me going from a borderline-hardcore Dragon Ball fan to a complete hardcore fan. I watch WorldOfGeekdom too, especially for the Star Wars videos (I'm still mad about The Last Jedi :lolno: )

KaggyFilms is my other favorite mainly because his over the top reactions are hilarious, and the mods in the games he plays are really entertaining. The only criticism I would have is that his reactions aren't as funny now that he can't curse, though that's in no way his fault.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm

The only ones that I actually watch every/most of their videos are Masako and Geekdom. I watch some Qaaman sometimes and a little bit of Mastar even though he dabbles in a bit of plagiarism.

I just came across "Broku" and he has some interesting stuff I think so I have been binging a lot of his videos.

Seth The Programmer, Hail Zon, LaughingstockMedia, and Chuck the Cyber Cuck all make insufferable content. And in the case of Seth and Chuck they are just rude and disrespectful. LSM and Hail Zeon aren't necessarily rude or disrespectful but their content is really boring and they're too negative. Too many hot takes that don't make any sense.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Manchildren who take a cartoon made for 8 year old japanese boys way way way too seriously

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 pm

PFM18 wrote:The only ones that I actually watch every/most of their videos are Masako and Geekdom. I watch some Qaaman sometimes and a little bit of Mastar even though he dabbles in a bit of plagiarism.

I just came across "Broku" and he has some interesting stuff I think so I have been binging a lot of his videos.

Seth The Programmer, Hail Zon, LaughingstockMedia, and Chuck the Cyber Cuck all make insufferable content. And in the case of Seth and Chuck they are just rude and disrespectful. LSM and Hail Zeon aren't necessarily rude or disrespectful but their content is really boring and they're too negative. Too many hot takes that don't make any sense.

Broku makes quite a lot of interesting what ifs, he's another YouTuber I watch.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Don't like any of them, they all feel like clickbait-y content so if I want to check out Dragon Ball media or news then I'll do it myself.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I've never liked Ssj9k, just seems to be the same, repetitive, hollow humor that has a Dragon Ball paint job over it for some reason.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:53 pm

I guess you could say TotallyNotMark called out MaStar on his tracing, translations, and what not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTGAn9j1xk&t=208s

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:I guess you could say TotallyNotMark called out MaStar on his tracing, translations, and what not.

I've always wondered if the audio used in those videos were ever even close to what the character was actually saying
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:I guess you could say TotallyNotMark called out MaStar on his tracing, translations, and what not.

I've always wondered if the audio used in those videos were ever even close to what the character was actually saying
I am by no means fluent in Japanese, but even I could pick out a word here and there that didn't match up with what MaStar put in.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:27 am

Doesn't "Dragon Ball Hype." have his videos monetized? It's essentially trailers, clips, photos, games and so on about official Dragon Ball merchandise. I thought that was against the rules or something.

Never liked MaStar as he's a plagiarizer but neither Mark anyway, he thinks he's funny and made a video about how terrible the Bang Zoom dub of Dragon Ball Super which I completely disagree. I guess it's typical, YouTuber are clickbaiters who need videos, likes and shares to keep on the horse going.