Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Youtubers: What are your opinions on them?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:24 am

I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.

For perspective and breakdowns - GafferTape (Mistare Fusion) and Totally Not Mark- Fun, professional and to the point! what more can I say?

Runner Ups:

MasakoX : TeamFourStar has a huge influence on the casual DB audience, so much so that it sorta stained the american fanbase with constant, ghost Nappa, senzu bean and dodge jokes ( Which all suck in my opinion ). They are a talented bunch though, sense I do enjoy some of there work just not NEARLY as much as some others do. MasakoX is a runner up because while his insight is pretty interesting, his execution is still DB-Abridged style heavy, with a reference thrown in either directly or indirectly every thirty seconds

Super Eye Patch Wolf : Great, great, GGGRRREEEAT video content! His Dragon Ball videos are highly insightful and fun. I'll link them for those who don't know who he is. The only downside ( if you can call it that) is that he isnt Dragon Ball exclusive. He has quality videos on many other anime genres, series and tropes. DOPE channel overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFru4q_4H8 - WHY the "Z" Manga is Great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJK7oysHoMw - The Genius behind Dragon Ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh85_bCudk - What Shonen Jump was like pretty much before Dragon Ball redefined it!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:11 pm

When Plague of Gripes is in the mood, he can really talk in depth about Dragonball. My favorite video is how he explains Toei and Toriyama's bias against Tenshinhan.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

For info and Updates - Geekdom handsdown, everyone else is TRASH and dumb to smoke.
Thanks for the kind words, but I've never heard the term "dumb to smoke" lol.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:I almost don't see how anyone could be apart of this site and go anywhere else for info, especially youtube! :P However in the midst of the shit storm of DB Youtubers ( Channels that are heavily Dragon Ball based or DB exclusive) to me, there are at least 3 that are worth paying any attention too.

Well, phrases like "murder you to death" with things like video games are cropping up. So "dumb to smoke" is just another.

Did watch you "Mary Sue" video just a little bit ago. Good video with Chuck.

And I may have been one of those saying Rey has been a Mary Sue since she first appeared... Caulifla, well, I can see it either way.

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:22 am

I used to do review/reactions, but lost interest lately. Lot of the messages just got too creepy.

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:09 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIh85_bCudk - What Shonen Jump was like pretty much before Dragon Ball redefined it!
My favorite part is him describing the anatomy of the manga's sequential art. I really could do with more of that.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:27 pm

For perspective and breakdowns - GafferTape (Mistare Fusion) and Totally Not Mark- Fun, professional and to the point! what more can I say?

Runner Ups:

MasakoX : TeamFourStar has a huge influence on the casual DB audience, so much so that it sorta stained the american fanbase with constant, ghost Nappa, senzu bean and dodge jokes ( Which all suck in my opinion ). They are a talented bunch though, sense I do enjoy some of there work just not NEARLY as much as some others do. MasakoX is a runner up because while his insight is pretty interesting, his execution is still DB-Abridged style heavy, with a reference thrown in either directly or indirectly every thirty seconds

Super Eye Patch Wolf : Great, great, GGGRRREEEAT video content! His Dragon Ball videos are highly insightful and fun. I'll link them for those who don't know who he is. The only downside ( if you can call it that) is that he isnt Dragon Ball exclusive. He has quality videos on many other anime genres, series and tropes. DOPE channel overall.

All of whom provide me good mealtime videos. Especially Super Eye Patch Wolf, considering he breaks down various aspects of the history of anime and manga to go along with it.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Well, phrases like "murder you to death" with things like video games are cropping up. So "dumb to smoke" is just another.

Did watch you "Mary Sue" video just a little bit ago. Good video with Chuck.

And I may have been one of those saying Rey has been a Mary Sue since she first appeared... Caulifla, well, I can see it either way.
I really like Geekdom's video even if I don't agree with his opinions on things.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:44 pm

I guess I enjoy some of Hail Zeon's videos too.

But other than him and MistareFusion, I stay away from youtube channels that primarily talk about Dragon Ball.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:04 am

GamerSkull wrote:I guess I enjoy some of Hail Zeon's videos too.

But other than him and MistareFusion, I stay away from youtube channels that primarily talk about Dragon Ball.
I think it comes down to your opinion on Super, since they're the only two who generally express a dislike towards it, while the others usually like it more.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 pm

I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:15 am

Jackalope89 wrote:I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

Outside of their abridged series, I'm not enjoying their content (to keep it simple).
They're fine to me. I watch their content from time to time.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:33 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:I'll be honest, I'm about to take TeamFourStar off of my list.

I think their best content besides DBZA is their gaming videos, especially when they play games with multiple ways to fuck everything up, like Hitman for example
Get Fucked, C_unt

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

I think their best content besides DBZA is their gaming videos, especially when they play games with multiple ways to fuck everything up, like Hitman for example
I already have Achievement Hunter for that. 6 years of playing Minecraft, and most of them didn't know that a compass just points to your spawn (this after 20 minutes of yelling at each other, trying to follow the compass pointer).

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 pm

I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

Besides Them, every other db you tuber makes incredibly click-Baity videos(like geekdom and super Saiyan Paul) and they spread around misinformation and stupid fan theories that they treat as if they are facts.
Like I know people like videos like that but I cannot stand them. Masakox atleast makes it very clear when his videos are what ifs, fan theories, or speculation
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:21 am

Ajay and MasakoX are pretty much the only ones i watch. I dont really care about the ones that make a video everytime Herms translates something.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 am

vegetaslegacy15 wrote:I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

Besides Them, every other db you tuber makes incredibly click-Baity videos(like geekdom and super Saiyan Paul) and they spread around misinformation and stupid fan theories that they treat as if they are facts.
I've never done this even one time... I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:06 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
vegetaslegacy15 wrote:I watch anime ajay, tfs, and Masakox

I've never done this even one time... I think you have me mixed up with someone else.
Geekdom I appreciate that you come on the forums and defend yourself it's cool to see. For what it's worth I think your content is creative and for the most part 100% accurate. You've also done some really cool stuff like the Falconer interview and the Falconer productions doco. In all honesty I'm not a fan of the way you talk and your mannerisms, but the content is good enough that I'll watch despite that, you're a great source of info on YouTube. I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:34 pm

nato25 wrote:I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.
Anyone that doubts Big D's content is ignorant? He is not god, you know.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Cetra wrote:
nato25 wrote:I think most people also give you a hard time for your mannerisms and speech but anyone that doubts your content is just ignorant.
Anyone that doubts Big D's content is ignorant? He is not god, you know.
From what I've seen his information is always accurate and well researched. Sure a lot of it is taken from Herms translations but he collates the info and puts it into a good format. I know he's not God, I clearly had my criticisms of him.