I recut the Tournament of Power into 12 episodes! Enjoy!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thelastdragonball

I recut the Tournament of Power into 12 episodes! Enjoy!

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Hey all, this was my first MASSIVE fan edit.
I just got so SICK of the cutaways every 15 seconds to Krillin and Xeno oohing and explaining what we just saw like we were all blind.
The whole tournament is now cut to 12 30 minute videos!

Get the torrent here:
(link removed by administration)

I'll post more info just below in a moment!

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Re: I recut the Tournament of Power into 12 episodes! Enjoy!

Post by TheQuazz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to check this out, I was thinking about doing something similar, but I guess I might not need to anymore

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Here are the first 3 episodes streaming direct for those interested but not wanting to instantly download without seeing what I'm about:

(links removed by administration)

Okay, so here's the breakdown -

Now when revisiting the saga you can view THIS and be sure you didn't miss anything!
And now it's only 12 episodes instead of 34!
Get through all the action in under 6 hours!

What was cut -

Almost all of the peanut gallery / unnecessary explanations (IE He fired a kamehameha! Yeah!)
Any extended times where nothing happened (IE 5 seconds of smoke rising etc)
Looping animations within a few seconds
Unnecessary dialogue (IE I can't believe how strong he is! Yeah...he's getting even stronger!)

What I kept -

I tried to keep anything relevant to the plot.
If someone was jumping down in a prior scene you'll see them land in their next scene (continuity).
Tried to keep all the action.
Tried to keep all the best animation or even unique animation (buff Krillin in 129/130).
Kept all of the things that may have actually been worth explaining if they were explained well.

I hope everyone enjoys the recut!

Please be sure to support DoaneZone LiteWorks around the web if you like what you saw!

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:09 pm

I'll try to check back in here every little bit and answer/respond to you guys if any ?s/comments.
I have a few other fan edits, a few DBS AMVs and some other stuff on my youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCayxhZ ... 82dSbFM4Sg (My most recent 4 ups weren't DBS related but everything else on there is so far)

Anyways, I'm a HUGE FAN of the whole DB franchise! I still can't believe [spoiler]17 won it all!!!! STILL REELING! YESSS!!![/spoiler] and I hope you guys will enjoy my stuff and subscribe to my youtube and download and seed my Tourney recut! Enjoy! Much Love!

Nick Doane (DoaneZone LiteWorks)

[spoiler]PS: I started a Oatreon too but some people probably wouldn't like me mentioning it so I spoiler tagged it. If interested its - https://www.patreon.com/doanezoneliteworks[/spoiler]

Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diccolo-420 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:40 pm

As great as this sounds, this is probably gonna get taken down real fast here since Kanzenshuu is pretty strict on piracy. Even so, I applaud the effort to cut it down, it solves one of the biggest problems I have with ToP

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:59 pm

While an interesting project, the amount of licensed intellectual property used wholesale is not something that we can allow being directly linked to.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:15 pm

I do understand, if you could please message me though with some suggestions on what I can do to let fans know Id appreciate it; I've been stymied at every turn idk what to do.

Luffy123

Post by Luffy123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:20 pm

I assume by next year when the english dub catch up could they be an English version of this project?

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Luffy123 wrote:I assume by next year when the english dub catch up could they be an English version of this project?
I've definitely considered that. We'll see how it goes

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Looks like I can't link here. I do understand and dont want to step on any toes. IDK the proper way to share this but I'd like to if anyone is interested.

Luffy123

Post by Luffy123 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 pm

thelastdragonball wrote:Looks like I can't link here. I do understand and dont want to step on any toes. IDK the proper way to share this but I'd like to if anyone is interested.
u could make a a piracy website account or just send it there like DB Recut did. Also considering this is something that just came out and blue ray and dvd are out for this arc it fair to assume that Toei does not want people to do this. I think they are at fault, due to sheer pacing issues that this arc had, they should have either added more filler like naruto does as the slice of life elements work really well in super better than the fights tbh then pace urself naturally for the arc or just take a month break. If u have mega that might work, however i think a piracy website a good option.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Oh damn! A 12 episode version of the ToP might actually solve the problem of it being a slog to get through.

I assume a lot of the narration by the people sitting in the stands is also cut short since a lot of the time, they are just re-iterating stuff that we've seen?
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:53 pm

Something called "Dragon Ball Super "Kai" Tournament of Power fan edit (ep. 97-131)" was posted online today. Is this your edit?

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am

DHM211 wrote:Something called "Dragon Ball Super "Kai" Tournament of Power fan edit (ep. 97-131)" was posted online today. Is this your edit?
No, mine is called
"Dragon Ball Super Tournament of Power Saga - Recut - 720p EngSub"

thelastdragonball

Post by thelastdragonball » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 am

thelastdragonball wrote:
DHM211 wrote:Something called "Dragon Ball Super "Kai" Tournament of Power fan edit (ep. 97-131)" was posted online today. Is this your edit?
No, mine is called
and for what its worth it was posted on the same day as the finale

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:30 am

thelastdragonball wrote:
thelastdragonball wrote:
No, mine is called
So, it's more like 18 episodes? Since an episode is 20 minutes.

Luffy123

Post by Luffy123 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:40 pm

sangofe wrote:
thelastdragonball wrote:
thelastdragonball wrote:
No, mine is called
So, it's more like 18 episodes? Since an episode is 20 minutes.
I think so its kinda sad how Toei dropped the ball in this arc where the manga executed so well, the battle royale and fast nature. But where the manga does not work so well is the recruitment arc it should have been expanded on 1 more chapter at least.

If Toei can't handle battle royale and can only do like 2 v 2 .... they should have made this a regular tournament with stops and starts like the remaining tournament in the OG dragon ball saga.

But considering how cluttered this arc was being technical 18eps long seems reasonable even then that's long for a tournament arc however Toei is to blame on how they structured it. However its probably done in 30min... due to knowing the right place to stop an episode and it gives freedom. like One Pace does this quite often, they either go around 25-30min.