Trouble with ripping Dragon Ball Super Part 2 + 3. Help!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SupaSandwich

Trouble with ripping Dragon Ball Super Part 2 + 3. Help!

Post by SupaSandwich » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:15 am

Hi, new here. I just wanted to ask if anybody on the forum has have any problems ripping disc 2 of DBS Part 2 & 3 for projects? Everytime I use Makemkv with the discs in, they just don't want to load in the player. They are brand new, fresh of the box discs, my player is a LG, and have the latest version of Makemkv but just doesn't read for some reason. Can anybody help me here? Thanks

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Trouble with ripping Dragon Ball Super Part 2 + 3. Help!

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 am

Is this happening on only these discs? Is it Blu Ray or DVD? Did you register the new temporary beta key?
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

SupaSandwich

Post by SupaSandwich » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:32 am

Bruma rabu wrote:Is this happening on only these discs? Is it Blu Ray or DVD? Did you register the new temporary beta key?
Yes, I even when as far as to buy new copies of the disc since I thought it was a badly made disc (btw it's the blu ray versions) but I even got the beta key too and still doesn't rip. Have you had any trouble with these two disc? I don't think it's my drive, since I got it a month ago and every other disc I used rips perfectly.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:20 pm

I was able to rip from both disc. I didn't do the whole thing but i did the first episode on disc 2 of part 3 and the last episode of disc 2 on part 2. Thats weird that they don't load for you.

SupaSandwich

Post by SupaSandwich » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:06 am

Bruma rabu wrote:I was able to rip from both disc. I didn't do the whole thing but i did the first episode on disc 2 of part 3 and the last episode of disc 2 on part 2. Thats weird that they don't load for you.
I'm from the states, did you happen to use a region b madman release to test it out? I also can't rip my region a dbz season 4 disc 4 blu ray with has only two episodes on it but what ever I do, Makemkv can't read the disc, like the supers it was brand new also. I hope my drive is not going to crap. :x :x :twisted:

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:32 am

I'm using North American Funimation releases. Do you have any other blu ray releases that come with multiple disc? Give those a shot.

SupaSandwich

Post by SupaSandwich » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:53 am

Bruma rabu wrote:I'm using North American Funimation releases. Do you have any other blu ray releases that come with multiple disc? Give those a shot.
I did, I was able to successfully rip all my other NA DBZ seasons sets no problem (Expect for disc 4 of Season 4 (which itself has two episodes "138 Closing In" & "139 Unwelcome Discovery") & Disc 4 of Season 6, which didn't have any episodes on it so I skipped it), All my Kai Seasons sets, Part Sets, and even DBS Part 1 was able to rip flawlessly. I'm still want to know if the Madman Australian releases have the same problem as the NA releases too or not because if that is the case. I would have shell out for one and I don't want to take the risk on buying the same product a third time.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:48 am

I don't think the discs are the issue, I was able to rip those part just fine. I'm starting to think it might be your disc drive.

SupaSandwich

Post by SupaSandwich » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 am

Bruma rabu wrote:I don't think the discs are the issue, I was able to rip those part just fine. I'm starting to think it might be your disc drive.
I getting to think so too, hopeful if I get around to replace it, the disc can finally be read . :(