Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by WesMan23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

omegalucas wrote:
WesMan23 wrote: I'm impressed. That's a really good job, especially the shading. Piccolo came out a little better than Goku did, but they're both excellent. :thumbup:
Thanks. I based the shading style (and colors) on the Full Color releases of the manga.
Here's Gohan as well with the other two. He didn't turn out so well face-wise (he looks too much like his father). I'm thinking of doing Kuririn, Vegeta and Bulma as well as a Namekian landscape to finish.

Still looks pretty good. Are these freehanded or did you use a reference? Either way, I like it. It looks like a touch of personal style in there. Definitely distinguishable as DB art, but with a little bit of a unique flavor. I'd like to see how your Vegeta looks.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:01 pm

WesMan23 wrote: Still looks pretty good. Are these freehanded or did you use a reference? Either way, I like it. It looks like a touch of personal style in there. Definitely distinguishable as DB art, but with a little bit of a unique flavor. I'd like to see how your Vegeta looks.
Assuming you mean any kind of reference and not specific images of the characters using the same poses, I'd say yes, I used some.
I had to look at a few images of Piccolo to get the cape/turban and face right; same thing for Goku's kanji.
Other than that I did that without any references (including the poses, I used to have some trouble doing them, especially when doing it digitally but for some reason this time they came out easily).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 pm

omegalucas wrote:
WesMan23 wrote: Still looks pretty good. Are these freehanded or did you use a reference? Either way, I like it. It looks like a touch of personal style in there. Definitely distinguishable as DB art, but with a little bit of a unique flavor. I'd like to see how your Vegeta looks.
Assuming you mean any kind of reference and not specific images of the characters using the same poses, I'd say yes, I used some.
I had to look at a few images of Piccolo to get the cape/turban and face right; same thing for Goku's kanji.
Other than that I did that without any references (including the poses, I used to have some trouble doing them, especially when doing it digitally but for some reason this time they came out easily).
I did mean specific references, in the same poses, but just doing what you did, with a general reference, that really is pretty good.
"You haven't figured it out yet? I'm the Saiyan who came all the way from Earth for the sole purpose of beating you. I am the warrior you've heard of in legends, pure of heart and awakened by fury. That's what I am. I AM THE SUPER SAIYAN, SON GOKU!" - Goku, Dragon Ball Z Kai, The Angry Super Saiyan! Throw Your Hat in the Ring, Son Goku!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I thought this fan art was great. Not very complex to do but it''s cool IMO. Waste of 5$ though.....

WesMan23
Beyond Newbie

Post by WesMan23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:08 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Image

I thought this fan art was great. Not very complex to do but it''s cool IMO. Waste of 5$ though.....
I've seen that floating around on Facebook before. It is neat. I mean, if Lincoln can be imagined as a vampire hunter, why can't he be a Saiya-Jin in some other story as well? :lol:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Here it is! Finished it!
I called it "Go-Senshi to Buruma" :lol:

deviantART page here!
Here's a wallpaper-sized version if you want.
Last edited by omegalucas on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:56 pm

The characters look pretty stiff but it's good otherwise.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:16 pm

No Words...

It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:23 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:No Words...

:clap: Cutest thing I've seen all day, thanks for that.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Holy crap. That is just...ADORABLE. :shock:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 am

Close enough.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 am

Thaat's so cute. That's the best cosplay of Goku EVER! Wish he was in the Korean Dbz flim! SO cute...

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:51 am

I think this is a decent follow up to the image on the previous page lol.

I just realized, I freaking love this Vegeta and Bulla stuff XD.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:36 am

Just finished this little piece for a convention.

Follow me @ntrmssion on Instagram!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:28 am

Seems to....western or to aggressive.

Snail

Post by Snail » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:16 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Seems to.... to aggressive.
Really? It's dragonball z. You know, where fights escalate to the point of decapitation and mass genocide?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:38 am

Snail wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Seems to.... to aggressive.
Really? It's dragonball z. You know, where fights escalate to the point of decapitation and mass genocide?
Don't get livid. Through Dbz might be action. It still wasn't aggressive in terms of art work and animation :lol: . It was nice art. But it was kinda over the top aggressive.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:58 am

Snail wrote:Just finished this little piece for a convention.

*snip*

Follow me @ntrmssion on Instagram!
Wow, that was really awesome. I like the art style. Especially Gotenks looks malicious!

Snail

Post by Snail » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 am

[quote="Godo"
Wow, that was really awesome. I like the art style. Especially Gotenks looks malicious![/quote]

Much appreciated!
TheGmGoken wrote: Don't get livid. Through Dbz might be action. It still wasn't aggressive in terms of art work and animation :lol: . It was nice art. But it was kinda over the top aggressive.
Not sure how my comment constituted as livid. But yeah, dbz is totally not over the top aggressive. My apologies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aJd922EOuk

course it isn't. :clap:
Last edited by Snail on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:04 am

Wasn't really aggressive animation. Voice acting was maybe. But the animation wasn't........just saying. It's a good artwork. Just saying a little aggressive