Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Fan Works Explosion

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Spoilers, Beerus doesn't one-shot Freeza.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:58 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Said universe you can find here (cue shameless plug!): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11161847/1 ... Gods-Wrath
I haven't actually read the fic yet, but I don't see how this would be much more interesting. Goku and Vegeta lose, so Beerus comes in to oneshot Frieza? I suppose it could make Goku and Vegeta more humble.
You gotta read the fic to see why it's interesting :P
Honestly, I feel the need to gush over Vicious God's Wrath a bit more, but one detail I enjoyed enormously in the story was how Freeza unlocked the golden form. It's just such a creative way for him to unlock the form, that I love it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Said universe you can find here (cue shameless plug!): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11161847/1 ... Gods-Wrath
I haven't actually read the fic yet, but I don't see how this would be much more interesting. Goku and Vegeta lose, so Beerus comes in to oneshot Frieza? I suppose it could make Goku and Vegeta more humble.
You gotta read the fic to see why it's interesting :P
I was referring to the general idea of Beerus stepping in after Frieza wins rather than the fic itself. Surely the massive gap would result in a one hit KO which wouldn't be much better than what we got in the movie.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I was referring to the general idea of Beerus stepping in after Frieza wins rather than the fic itself. Surely the massive gap would result in a one hit KO which wouldn't be much better than what we got in the movie.
Depends on which version. For the Super anime and manga you'd be right but in the movies, Goku and Vegeta can apparently beat Beerus if they fought together, implying they aren't that far off from his maximum power. Since Freeza would be stronger than either of them to beat them into the dirt, it would stand to reason he could put up a good fight against Beerus.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I was referring to the general idea of Beerus stepping in after Frieza wins rather than the fic itself. Surely the massive gap would result in a one hit KO which wouldn't be much better than what we got in the movie.
Depends on which version. For the Super anime and manga you'd be right but in the movies, Goku and Vegeta can apparently beat Beerus if they fought together, implying they aren't that far off from his maximum power. Since Freeza would be stronger than either of them to beat them into the dirt, it would stand to reason he could put up a good fight against Beerus.
Given his Golden form's stamina drain even if he made record time against Goku and Vegeta he still wouldn't be anywhere close to full strength against Beerus.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: You gotta read the fic to see why it's interesting :P
Okay, I'm a couple chapters in, halfway through the current chapter right now and I have to say, Tagoma doesn't deserve this shit, man. Not only does he completely fail, I'm pretty sure the implication of Frieza seeing this light is that he's obtained his Golden form.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Okay, I'm a couple chapters in, halfway through the current chapter right now and I have to say, Tagoma doesn't deserve this shit, man. Not only does he completely fail, I'm pretty sure the implication of Frieza seeing this light is that he's obtained his Golden form.
Do you mean he doesn't deserve this new role? And Freeza doesn't get Golden until a few chapters past the halfway mark.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Do you mean he doesn't deserve this new role? And Freeza doesn't get Golden until a few chapters past the halfway mark.
I mean he doesn't deserve how badly his life got fucked up in an instant. It would have been really cool if he actually managed to kill Frieza, totally unconventional ending for something DB related but really cool.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:43 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I mean he doesn't deserve how badly his life got fucked up in an instant. It would have been really cool if he actually managed to kill Frieza, totally unconventional ending for something DB related but really cool.
Please, in the DBverse you can only die from punches, lasers or explosions, everyone knows that!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:I mean he doesn't deserve how badly his life got fucked up in an instant. It would have been really cool if he actually managed to kill Frieza, totally unconventional ending for something DB related but really cool.
Please, in the DBverse you can only die from punches, lasers or explosions, everyone knows that!
Also, the fact that this was all caused by Jaco deciding to waste time on a pirate ship that didn't even have any civilians on it is hilarious.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Can you guys stop spoiling ekrolo2's fanfic? I didn't start to read yet :P

Gog wrote:In an alternate reality, this was the finale of ROF and I'm sad that it wasn't us who got this ending.
Yea, BoG and RoF states that Beerus and Freeza had interactions in the past instead of the dumb shit we got in the actual movie/arc:
"Hey, show me some more respect, go fight somewhere else, there's dust in my ice cream"

We could actually have Beerus coming to Earth, not to save the day or anything else like that, but because he was interested in Freeza in someway
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Mostly active on discord.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

The gr wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What's up with Freeza's face? :shock:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:19 pm

I feel Frieza's way too smart in this fic, the real Frieza would be much more retarded. And I wonder about all of the soldiers in the PTO combined not reaching 60,000,000, does this mean they only have a few thousand soldiers?

Chopfe

Post by Chopfe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:20 am

Hi everyone! Just another long-time vistor, first time member posting some art here. A lot of the art I'm posting is old stuff, but still feel free to let me know what you think! :) I hope to post some new art in the future!

More to come!

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:46 am

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:30 am

Chopfe wrote:[spoiler]Hi everyone! Just another long-time vistor, first time member posting some art here. A lot of the art I'm posting is old stuff, but still feel free to let me know what you think! :) I hope to post some new art in the future!

More to come![/spoiler]
Is that art yours? It's an interesting take on DragonBall for sure.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:33 am

[quote="ekrolo2"][/quote]

Man i have to say, your fic is amazing and that comes from a guy who dislikes fan-fiction. Really good stuff.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Chopfe

Post by Chopfe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:09 am

RehBeh wrote:
Chopfe wrote:[spoiler]Hi everyone! Just another long-time vistor, first time member posting some art here. A lot of the art I'm posting is old stuff, but still feel free to let me know what you think! :) I hope to post some new art in the future!

More to come![/spoiler]
Is that art yours? It's an interesting take on DragonBall for sure.
Yup! All the art I have uploaded and will upload later on has been made by me :) Thanks for the comment!

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:11 am

Chopfe wrote:
Yup! All the art I have uploaded and will upload later on has been made by me :) Thanks for the comment!
I really like the Boo one you made. Keep up the good stuff!
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote: