Questions for Ryo Horikawa

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Questions for Ryo Horikawa

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:03 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:He's probably coming back next year, but here is this year's ONE ON ONE WITH RYO HORIKAWA interview

Hope ya'll enjoy

and yeah - i cant believe this happened:

https://youtu.be/pBHGXBBZeas
I'm about to watch this, even if my question doesnt come up thank you for taking the time to interview him
Next year! He's prob coming back. He had a blast! He also opened up doors for us.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:He's probably coming back next year, but here is this year's ONE ON ONE WITH RYO HORIKAWA interview

Hope ya'll enjoy

and yeah - i cant believe this happened:

https://youtu.be/pBHGXBBZeas
I'm about to watch this, even if my question doesnt come up thank you for taking the time to interview him
Next year! He's prob coming back. He had a blast! He also opened up doors for us.
Maybe the west or international fandom as a whole will get more recognized which brings potential to stuff like Super Dragon Ball Heroes for everyone as an example? Is that what you mean by opening the doors for us?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
IHaveNoUserName wrote: I'm about to watch this, even if my question doesnt come up thank you for taking the time to interview him
Maybe the west or international fandom as a whole will get more recognized which brings potential to stuff like Super Dragon Ball Heroes for everyone as an example? Is that what you mean by opening the doors for us?
Yes, kind of. Specifically with Heroes, that would be moreso a discussion with Bandai of Japan and they're tough to get ahold of.

I can't go into DETAILS but things could get better for us in the sense of... maybe Japan understanding this market more?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Yes, kind of. Specifically with Heroes, that would be moreso a discussion with Bandai of Japan and they're tough to get ahold of.

I can't go into DETAILS but things could get better for us in the sense of... maybe Japan understanding this market more?
The db community is pretty powerful. It would be cool if one day it would get to the point where Bandai Namco sponsors Kamehacon and it becomes a con vent ion where they unveil new games or Toei supports it and maybe they announce big stuff there.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Maybe the west or international fandom as a whole will get more recognized which brings potential to stuff like Super Dragon Ball Heroes for everyone as an example? Is that what you mean by opening the doors for us?

The db community is pretty powerful. It would be cool if one day it would get to the point where Bandai Namco sponsors Kamehacon and it becomes a con vent ion where they unveil new games or Toei supports it and maybe they announce big stuff there.
Almost happened this year w/ Bandai. I'm hoping for the best for next year.

You have no idea the plans in motion now but its very exciting

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

While, I'm but a teenager in freshman year of high school who can’t go to Kamehacon in May, I'm still happy and excited to see this become tradition and really grow. I feel like with Battle of Gods, came the start of a new Dragon Ball renaissance. And if Kamehacon is still a thing when I'm in collage, i look forward to meeting you and many others over there!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: The db community is pretty powerful. It would be cool if one day it would get to the point where Bandai Namco sponsors Kamehacon and it becomes a con vent ion where they unveil new games or Toei supports it and maybe they announce big stuff there.

While, I'm but a teenager in freshman year of high school who can’t go to Kamehacon in May, I'm still happy and excited to see this become tradition and really grow. I feel like with Battle of Gods, came the start of a new Dragon Ball renaissance. And if Kamehacon is still a thing when I'm in collage, i look forward to meeting you and many others over there!
Next year itll be in April. Save up now! It'll be worth it!