Icons - Sean Schemmel Part 1

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Icons - Sean Schemmel Part 1

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 pm

https://youtu.be/BmMmvieMEjc

Probably the most candid interview Sean Schemmel has ever done - and its with me. LOTS of people misunderstand this guy and this is a VERY important interview, and its just Part 1.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Icons - Sean Schemmel Part 1

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:https://youtu.be/BmMmvieMEjc

Probably the most candid interview Sean Schemmel has ever done - and its with me. LOTS of people misunderstand this guy and this is a VERY important interview, and its just Part 1.

First Chris Ayres and now Sean himself?! I'm definitely watching this as soon as I can.

Also you're going to have to interview yourself because you're quickly becoming a Dragon Ball Icon. :lol: :thumbup:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:

First Chris Ayres and now Sean himself?! I'm definitely watching this as soon as I can.

Also you're going to have to interview yourself because you're quickly becoming a Dragon Ball Icon. :lol: :thumbup:
Thanks but I just wanna make people happy and open up others eyes on things.

Yeah I've done:

> Sean Schemmel (Goku)
> Chris Sabat (Vegeta)
> Peter Kelamis (Goku)
> Brian Drummond (Vegeta)
> Monica Rial (Bulma)
> Chris Ayres (Freeza)
> Cynthia Cranz (Chi Chi)
> Chris Rager (Mr Satan)
> Jason Douglas (Beerus)

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:24 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:

Yeah I've done:

> Sean Schemmel (Goku)
> Chris Sabat (Vegeta)
> Peter Kelamis (Goku)
> Monica Rial (Bulma)
> Chris Ayres (Freeza)
> Chris Rager (Mr Satan)
> Jason Douglas (Beerus)

Oh I'll have to watch those at some point too. Yeah, you're the YouTuber I watch to keep up with all the latest Dragon Ball info, as well as other stuff. The World of Geekdom channel is great too.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:27 am

Having watched the interview, it showed a lot of very interesting stuff about Sean Schemmel as a person. He seems like a very intelligent person, and he's had a lot of interesting experiences in his life and it's fun to hear about them. It's also cool to hear that he is a very musically talented person, as it shows that sound in general has always been a big part of his life.

Btw his laugh sounds almost exactly like Goku at times.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 am

Sean's a real character. The way he talks reminds me of a teenager, albeit much brighter and more philosophically minded. I was listening to it earlier at work and had to stop because it's not the sort of thing you can just have on the background. He just talks so fast and so frenetically jumping from topic to topic, it's insane. Like, oh he's talking about his views on the nature of free will and the way marketing people override your brain, okay. Wait, why did he bring up sharia law? What's this about puppets? Chris Sabat likes Mozart, but he finds him homogenous and boring? Jesus Sean, take a breath!

This has done a good job of contextualising Sean's personality. He's been controversial lately among the fandom because of his online discourse, and while it's only touched on briefly here, I feel I have a better understanding of why he reacts the way he does to certain things. I can't imagine what this interview might be like for a casual fan who isn't aware of any of that and just wanted to hear Goku's voice actor talk about doing the Super Saiyan 3 scream. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:38 am

Kataphrut wrote:Sean's a real character. The way he talks reminds me of a teenager, albeit much brighter and more philosophically minded. I was listening to it earlier at work and had to stop because it's not the sort of thing you can just have on the background. He just talks so fast and so frenetically jumping from topic to topic, it's insane. Like, oh he's talking about his views on the nature of free will and the way marketing people override your brain, okay. Wait, why did he bring up sharia law? What's this about puppets? Chris Sabat likes Mozart, but he finds him homogenous and boring? Jesus Sean, take a breath!

This has done a good job of contextualising Sean's personality. He's been controversial lately among the fandom because of his online discourse, and while it's only touched on briefly here, I feel I have a better understanding of why he reacts the way he does to certain things. I can't imagine what this interview might be like for a casual fan who isn't aware of any of that and just wanted to hear Goku's voice actor talk about doing the Super Saiyan 3 scream. I'm looking forward to part 2.

There are so many layers to this guy and there's stuff that happened to him as a kid that we couldn't talk about that explain why he is the way he is.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:44 am

I admit, I haven't watched much of your content overall Geekdom, but this one? This one I'm gonna have to check out, especially if (as it certainly sounds like it does) it starts to dig into the kind of stuff that voice actor's don't always get to talk about. It could certainly go a long way in reconciling a bit of the image that has unfortunately started to come up in regards to Schemmel.

Will likely be waiting until both parts are out before I check out this first one though, that way I can listen to them back-to-back. Should make perfect background audio for while I'm gaming. :thumbup:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I admit, I haven't watched much of your content overall Geekdom, but this one? This one I'm gonna have to check out, especially if (as it certainly sounds like it does) it starts to dig into the kind of stuff that voice actor's don't always get to talk about. It could certainly go a long way in reconciling a bit of the image that has unfortunately started to come up in regards to Schemmel.

Will likely be waiting until both parts are out before I check out this first one though, that way I can listen to them back-to-back. Should make perfect background audio for while I'm gaming. :thumbup:
Maybe! The issue is he talks fast! So it might break your concentration.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:14 am

Geekdom101 wrote:

Yeah I've done:

> Sean Schemmel (Goku)
> Chris Sabat (Vegeta)
> Peter Kelamis (Goku)
> Monica Rial (Bulma)
> Chris Ayres (Freeza)
> Chris Rager (Mr Satan)
> Jason Douglas (Beerus)
You've also had an interview with Mike McFarland (Roshi, Baby, Android 8, Yajirobe, and others).

Anyways, great interview! I knew of Schemmel's ability to play the French horn from the promos he and Sabat exchanged before their FighterZ duel.
It was nice to learn more about that part of his background.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:14 pm

I think I'll wait for Part 2 to come out much like Gyt Kaliba.

Although while I'll probably understand why Schemmel acts the way he does, I probably won't ever understand his problem with three other people.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:33 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:I think I'll wait for Part 2 to come out much like Gyt Kaliba.

Although while I'll probably understand why Schemmel acts the way he does, I probably won't ever understand his problem with three other people.
You know why you won't understand?

Because he doesn't have a problem with three other people. But that wont stop fans from making up nonsense about the guy.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:07 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:I think I'll wait for Part 2 to come out much like Gyt Kaliba.

Because he doesn't have a problem with three other people. But that wont stop fans from making up nonsense about the guy.

It's a good interview, I can definitely see why people would think Schemmel has issues with the other English Goku actors and it'd be nice for him to clear that up, but I never expect him to address that, and certainly not in an interview like this.

I think you made the most of the opportunity and I'm looking forward to part 2.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Sin wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

It's a good interview, I can definitely see why people would think Schemmel has issues with the other English Goku actors and it'd be nice for him to clear that up, but I never expect him to address that, and certainly not in an interview like this.

Yeah well guess what?

He's addressing it in part 2.

Exclusively. With me. Nobody else. Youre going to get the entire story.

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:39 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Yeah well guess what?

Damn, well that shuts me up. I'll be honest I didn't expect that consdering the indie nature of the interview, part 2 just got super interesting.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Sin wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:

Yeah well guess what?

Damn, well that shuts me up. I'll be honest I didn't expect that consdering the indie nature of the interview, part 2 just got super interesting.
You'll be stunned at the questions I ask him.

You know me man, I don't pull punches.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Will part 2 ever be released or was this scrapped?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:30 am

MarCas92 wrote:Will part 2 ever be released or was this scrapped?
Geekdom101 said in a recent video that it'll come. Sean's just been busy recording for the series.