Battle of Gods Kenji Yamamoto Edition (Done)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Battle of Gods Kenji Yamamoto Edition (Done)

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:33 pm

So for the past couple of years I've seen many different music edits in the dragon ball community but two always come to mind whenever I think about the subject, those being the Kikuchi Cut, by AnimeAjay, Teehallums, and Kei17, and The CZ Edition. However, I haven't seen anyone done an edit of the entire movie with the Kenji Yamamoto score. So around ten months ago I thought it would've been fun to torture myself and here we are.

I know the differing scores in dragon ball can often cause a peaceful conversation turn into a battleground but I am not in any way shape or form attempting to improve/ruin the film overall. I and many other people grew up with the kai soundtrack so this is just meant to be a nostalgic trip ride for us. Plus, Kenji Yamamoto's music is already grand and epic so it fits right in. I hope all of you enjoy this different interpretation of the first film to begin the DB Renaissance (I know Yo! Son Goku and Friends return and attack on the super saiyans were technically the start of the renaissance but ssssshhhhhh). And just so you all know I've added in some insert songs (if I get enough people yelling at me to remove the songs then I will).

Now let us get into the specifics. I'm using the theatricality edition with the english dub (I might make a japanese version later) and as of right now, only a stereo mix since I don't know how to render something in 5.1 surround sound in Sony Vegas 14, but if someone could tell how to then I'll make a 5.1 mix. And just to make sure you own the DVD/Blu-Ray/Official Digital Copy I'm making this audio only. Some tracks have been stitched into the same layer of audio as the characters speaking and SFXs so I'll have to edit those out using adobe audition (I know it's weird how I'm using Vegas and not Premiere while using audition but I'm so use to Vegas that I can't convert sorry). Finally, since I don't want to just want to copy and paste Ajay's tutorial on how to sync the audio with the movie (which would be appropriate for a Yamamoto Edit) I'm just gonna link you to his Kikuchi Cut again so you can read how to sync it up there (also you should watch it, it's really good). I'm glad I get to contribute to this community with something big, who knows maybe by the year 2050 we'll have a Mark Menza edit of the whole movie.

Trailer
Full Release: It's Done https://mega.nz/#!LDoRkDSZ!_kbHFcigq476 ... c1ANUD4EUQ

If you're not sure whether to download this or not, don't worry I've put some clips up online.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku V.S. Beerus
Super Saiyan God Goku V.S. Beerus
Beerus V.S. Z-Fighters
more to come...
Last edited by Woodlandbuckle on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Battle of Gods Kenji Yamamoto Edition (Done)

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Sorry that I haven't posted more clips, been working on a lot of stuff lately (this project being one of them) it's finally done now so I'm gonna post more clips.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

IHaveNoUserName
Beyond Newbie

Post by IHaveNoUserName » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I like the fact that this was done but based on the trailer and clips the music is loud for some parts, if this is on this release would you mind fixing them?
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCud_Qw ... UxtYgOJ-LA
Currently making Dragon Ball Z Kai Kikuchi Revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:16 pm

IHaveNoUserName wrote:I like the fact that this was done but based on the trailer and clips the music is loud for some parts, if this is on this release would you mind fixing them?
No matter what I did, I couldn't adjust the voices in the trailer. This was only a trailer problem, the actual movie doesn't have this.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Out of curiosity, why is this only for the Theatrical Edition?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:28 pm

PremiumSalt wrote:Out of curiosity, why is this only for the Theatrical Edition?
Becasue I'm to lazy, also because the theatrical version already takes up a lot of space. If I ever do the extended version it will probably be in Japanese.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Woodlandbuckle wrote:
PremiumSalt wrote:Out of curiosity, why is this only for the Theatrical Edition?
Becasue I'm to lazy, also because the theatrical version already takes up a lot of space. If I ever do the extended version it will probably be in Japanese.
You wouldn’t be able to do the Extended Edition in Japanese. The Extended Edition of the Japanese Version of Battle of Gods was only made in 2.0 Stereo Sound, not 5.1 Surround Sound because it was made for TV Broadcast and not Theater Showing, in-line the Theatrical Version, which is in 5.1 Surround Sound

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Woodlandbuckle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Woodlandbuckle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:20 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Woodlandbuckle wrote:
You wouldn’t be able to do the Extended Edition in Japanese. The Extended Edition of the Japanese Version of Battle of Gods was only made in 2.0 Stereo Sound, not 5.1 Surround Sound because it was made for TV Broadcast and not Theater Showing, in-line the Theatrical Version, which is in 5.1 Surround Sound
I didn't realize that until now. But why would they do that? They've already shown they know how to make 5.1 surround sound and the english dub has shown that there's more than enough space to fit it in the blu-rays/DVDs.
I like Dragon Ball
Twitter
DeviantArt/Renders

AlltheOSTsRock

Post by AlltheOSTsRock » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:50 pm

The link is broken. Long live the Yamamoto Score