Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut English Dub (OmegaRockman Edition)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut English Dub (OmegaRockman Edition)

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello, all! I'm sure many of you guys remember Ajay's fantastic Resurrection 'F' Super Cut fanedit. Many people also wondered if putting together an English dub track would be possible once Super came out on Bluray. Well, seeing as the necessary episodes are currently available and I had some time to kill before school starts back up next week, I decided to take a crack at it. After a few days of playing around with the 5.1 audio I finally got something I'm mostly satisfied with and would like to share it with you all. The download link is at the bottom of this post!

I should mention that while I've made great strides in learning how to edit 5.1 audio, I am by no means an expert. Admittedly, it feels like I pieced this together using the audio equivalent of duct tape and shoestrings in some places. I'm sure you'll find tons of problems to nitpick if you have a sharper ear than me. While this project has helped me learn a LOT about editing 5.1 audio, I fully acknowledge that I can always improve. With that in mind, I strongly encourage anyone with more experience than me to do a better version if they think my edit isn't satisfactory.

You may find some slight differences from the Japanese version when it comes to music and sound effects. The most noticeable difference is probably the scene with Freeza training with Tagoma. The track used there has slightly different placement since I couldn't find one of the sections of the song that was playing in the Japanese version so I couldn't match it exactly. I needed to replace the music by hand to get rid of the reverb effects on Freeza's voice (which were present since the scene was originally a flashback in the show), so I edited the track in a way that hopefully feels similar enough to how it was used originally despite the slightly different placement.

Without further ado, here's the download link! Please note that this download is audio only. You should be able to mux this with Ajay's v2 of the film. You'll have to find the film elsewhere, though. Also, please be a responsible fan and buy the BDs of the original film and show. Also, feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions or find any obvious issues that I should fix. I hope you all enjoy!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut English Dub (OmegaRockman Edition)

Post by TheAldella » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Thanks, dude. You totally rock for this.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut English Dub (OmegaRockman Edition)

Post by Fizzer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Thanks for doing this! This may now be my go-to version of this part of the story.