Project Dragon Ball Remastered

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ronaldnorth_03
Beyond Newbie

Project Dragon Ball Remastered

Post by ronaldnorth_03 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Lately, one realizes that the "chronology" of the anime is completely messed up because of the fillers that Toei Animation has put. Going straight to the point, I want, with your help, to create a new line of releases, aiming only at canonical events.

I can work with editing, but I have problems with audio. I do not know how to improve or edit them. I would like someone to help me in this regard by removing most of the songs from the audio tracks. I do not know if this is possible. It is worth remembering that first, we will only work with the Japanese language.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Project Dragon Ball Remastered

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm pretty sure it can't be done...at least not with the DB series and the DBZ series and specials. You have a choice of using the optical audio (meaning lower audio quality than what was originally broadcast) or the questionably legal, lossy compressed broadcast audio leaks. Even then the audio you'd be stuck with is mono, so trying to get rid of the music would be difficult if not impossible. I'm convinced (though I'm not sure if there's any proof) that better audio quality is one of the reasons Toei made Kai.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Danfun64 wrote:I'm pretty sure it can't be done...at least not with the DB series and the DBZ series and specials. You have a choice of using the optical audio (meaning lower audio quality than what was originally broadcast) or the questionably legal, lossy compressed broadcast audio leaks. Even then the audio you'd be stuck with is mono, so trying to get rid of the music would be difficult if not impossible. I'm convinced (though I'm not sure if there's any proof) that better audio quality is one of the reasons Toei made Kai.
That's an understatement. :P

I get that some fans want to remaster it but give TOEI time, if the Dragon Ball & Z Movies-Specials have indicated us anything, is that TOEI might be working on remastering DB, Z and GT. Good things come to those who wait (not always but sometimes, anyway).

Supermist

Post by Supermist » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Well, there's already Dragon Ball Recut and Mr. Mark's Boo saga manga cut.

IMO the only tweaking needed is for Kai through the Cell saga.