New Dragon Ball Subreddit

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

New Dragon Ball Subreddit

Post by DSB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballdebate/

Its not a replacement for r/dbz or other dragon ball subs. Rather its a reddit version of Kanzenshuu. Its still private but it will open tomorrow. ITS OPEN NOW!

What makes it different?

There will be NO fanart, memes, merch or cosplays. We will leave those things to r/dbz and other db subs. Its a place for PURE debate of the series. And a daily verses thread. Basically r/dbz - the annoying fan posts.

Mod positions are open. i hope you are interested.

And i want to make it a sister subreddit to Kanzenshuu.

Thank you.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: New Dragon Ball Subreddit

Post by DSB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:30 pm

BUMP.

The Sub is now Open.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 pm

There is no need to bump a thread you just made.

I'm a little confused on the "sister subreddit to kanzenshuu", especially with "debate" in the title. We do not maintain a subreddit, have no direct affiliation/integration with any subreddit, and certainly don't pin ourselves as some central "debate" resource. Additionally, the /r/dbz/ subreddit seems to work already as a general, all-encompassing, all-aspects-of-the-franchise subreddit, and the things that you're calling them out for don't seem to align with what you're offering up.

All in all a kinda confusing proposition, really.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:40 pm

VegettoEX wrote:There is no need to bump a thread you just made.

I'm a little confused on the "sister subreddit to kanzenshuu", especially with "debate" in the title. We do not maintain a subreddit, have no direct affiliation/integration with any subreddit, and certainly don't pin ourselves as some central "debate" resource. Additionally, the /r/dbz/ subreddit seems to work already as a general, all-encompassing, all-aspects-of-the-franchise subreddit, and the things that you're calling them out for don't seem to align with what you're offering up.

All in all a kinda confusing proposition, really.

Does it? Go check r/DBZ top 50 posts right now.
80-90% posts are useless crap which belong to this very subsection of this forum. Discussions can almost never reach the top because it's surrounded by a lot of garbage posts of cosplay and fanart. It's very hard unless you sort by new.

I wanted to make a discussion only subreddit, just like this very website.

That's why I said it's not a replacement for r/DBZ. It's just the prime hub for clear discussion.

And as for being a sister sub with kanzenshuu... Let's be honest, reddit is wayyy more mobile friendly than kanzenshuu.

Please don't think I want my sub to even try and replace kanzenshuu. I just want to take the best of this place and r/DBZ and put it in one place... Like a triad of sites.

Also debate means formal argument/discussion. Hardly anything wrong with that.