Dragon Ball Z Kai Yamamoto+Kikuchi score mix

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

armyandstuff

Dragon Ball Z Kai Yamamoto+Kikuchi score mix

Post by armyandstuff » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm

This is a project I've been working on for the past few months, these are the first 98 episodes of the Dragon Ball Z Kai english dub with both the yamamoto soundtrack and the kikuchi soundtrack.

I want to first make it clear though that I did not edit these songs in myself, as I'm not skilled enough to do something that big. so I took two already existing fan edits and managed to edit them both together.
IHaveNoUserName's Kikuchi revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41090
and SuperSaiyanHedgehog's Yamomoto revival viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27787#p808559

I chose the song that would best fit the scene from beginning to end while making sure it stayed consistent and didn't overlap with eachother.

Links to the files here https://mega.nz/#F!06hTzSzJ!D1pYhkt1eCUk0F6fF0GX7w

these are just the audio files however, so you'll need mkvtoolnix to put them into the actual kai episodes https://mkvtoolnix.download/

I've also put in some other edits to go along that I would also recommend checking out, these are the same as the previous files except I've changed some things like having the attack names stay consistent and only be the english versions (altough I wasn't able to get the destructo disc on episode 11 quite right so if you don't want the lipsync to look weird you'll have to manually put in this scene with an editing software yourself https://mega.nz/#F!lyoEGCDY!8blOIm5QRkxDB6PpO1cN0g) the ginyu force theme being sung in japanese so that they shout TOKUSENTAI (credits to Milanous on youtube for making that) trunks's fight with cell having Hikari No Willpower play, removing that stupid "DUDE MAH TRUCK" line (credits to Castleking001 for making that) , making it so unmei no hi plays through the credits of episode 92 as well, changed the music of cell dying so that the entire ending of heroic face off plays instead of just parts of it (I highly recommend this edit by the way as it fits the scene perfectly) ,changed cha la head cha la so that it's in japanese instead of the hard to understand english version in the final episode(I also threw in a version where dragon soul plays instead if anyone prefers that) and most importantly adding a few of the faulconer tracks into the mix.
Since the faulconer soundtrack doesn't exactly fit in with kikuchi and yamomoto and mostly sounds out of place I only ended up using a few of them, those being vegeta's super saiyan theme and numerous songs from cell, those being his imperfect cell theme, perfect cell theme, the theme where imperfect cell powers up in front of piccolo and 17, cell games theme, and that one song that played when we first saw him absorbing a human. I also added a version with gohan's anger, which I do not use myself as I prefer unmei no hi by a lot, but I know a lot of people are big fans of that song so I made sure to put it in there as a bonus. I was occasionally forced to include some other songs since they connected to some of the previously mentioned songs, but those are both rare and pretty brief.
these were made by Diccolo-420 also known as Super Satan God and his whole project can be found here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40195

all of the edits can be downloaded from here https://mega.nz/#F!MuxhlaiS!gjvQreD8P17lMu0eR3acnQ
the contents of each edit can be determined by the name of each file, in the files were different edits were mashed together I made sure that there were seperate versions as well so you could choose which edits you want and don't want.

I have also uncensored some scenes from kai which I've put in a seperate topic, link's here if you're interested viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43611&p=1580148#p1580148

altough this project is technically finished there's probably a few improvements to be made, so if there's any suggestions or issues you've found with my mix feel free to bring it up. I love kai and I want it to be enjoyed to it's fullest.

*update 2019/02/22 changed the special beam cannon edit by using audio from the toonzai kai broadcast instead of the original z, it sounds much better now*
Last edited by armyandstuff on Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z Kai Yamamoto+Kikuchi score mix

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Neat. Thanks!